• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Screenshot Contest

wilflare

My humble entry :)

BmIj1pQIgAA26Kx.jpg:large

I'm getting Batman vibes
It's like Joker from the The Dark Knight Rises

Wait… These are all in-game screen shots? Seriously?

Holy fuck this game looks amazing!

Seriously. The game delivers big-time. And what kills me are simple facts that have been brought up in this thread multiple times. One, the vast majority of the shots people here and elsewhere online have managed to create are at least as impressive, and in many cases far more impressive than even official promotional shots released by Sony and SP leading up to the game's release. Second, we likely would never have known just how much attention to detail and obvious love SP put into this game without Photo Mode.

The significance of Second Son's Photo Mode can't be understated and I really hope Sony makes a push for other devs to include a similar feature in their PS4 releases, especially considering we're getting the ability to send screenshots to USB devices with the upcoming FW update.

Jachaos

My entry :

ldPZNpL.jpg

Some of the shots you people take are amazing. Haven't messed around with the mode too long but I feel like doing some more now.

roboshawn

Neo Member
Everything I'm seeing is that It was postponed (originally was April 30th). The OP was updated as well:

The contest lasts until midnight on May 2nd PDT (7:00 AM on 3rd May GMT), 2014. Entries coming after the deadline will not count.

Probity

Gah, I have like 5 I am really satisfied with, but I can only use one. I don't know how the hell I am going to pick.

I can't decide, since I see flaws in all of them. Oh well, have to go with what I've got I guess.

lXuDLZN.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Since I don't have a dummy account, I guess I'm gonna post this one until 1.70 comes around. Hope you guys like it! It's obviously not a prize winner, but would like to get some thoughts.

BmVht_UIEAAE2Rw.jpg:large

Probity

Dang it guys, I figured that more time taking pictures would eventually get me that perfect 'one.'

That definitely isn't happening. I have like a bunch I really love but I can't decide which one to use. What do I do?

Ploid 3.0

How surprised have you been at the response?

Matt Durasoff: As you might guess from our expectations, quite (pleasantly) surprised! We know that people love to share photos; we know pausing the clock and looking at the FX in-flight is mesmerising; we know the game has an insane level of detail. But the magnitude of the response and what people are doing with it has blown us away. I heard a story today that some Sony execs now have fan-made shots from Second Son as their phone backgrounds. Amazing.

This has me wondering, how many of you guys in this thread, or lurking have a SS wallpaper due to fan made pictures? The last time I had a phone wallpaper that was game related (the only other time) was GT5 photomode screens I took. Photomodes should be put in on the OS level since the console has a share button and all. So good.

Probity

This has me wondering, how many of you guys in this thread, or lurking have a SS wallpaper due to fan made pictures? The last time I had a phone wallpaper that was game related (the only other time) was GT5 photomode screens I took. Photomodes should be put in on the OS level since the console has a share button and all. So good.

I have never in my life used game screenshots for background images or wallpapers for my phones or my computers up until this thread. Some of these shots are incredible, in so many different forms. I personally have a massive love for simplistic design or art, not a lot going on, effective use of space and colors (if applicable). A lot of the black n' white shots here work perfectly for that. I've never been so impressed by screenshots. If games of the future don't implement this sort of thing more often, I will be upset.

I'll throw in 2 $10 codes for who ever you guys pick for 2nd and 3rd place

I'll also add my contribution to this amazing thread.

I'd like to add in $10 codes for 4th and 5th place as well (if the judges agree to pick five winners, of course) I mean, the screenshots in here are just a pure joy to watch!

This has me wondering, how many of you guys in this thread, or lurking have a SS wallpaper due to fan made pictures?

On my phone and on my macbook, which is a big deal for me since I had the standard apple galaxy background for years now.
People at university actually asked me about it(they saw it on the laptop) and were pretty stunned when I told them thats a screenshot from a videogame :D

jowell24

Here's my submission. Changed my mind after some suggestions

Edited again to reupload the picture in its uncompressed goodness (whatever minute difference it makes)

J0lHlnd.jpg

FeiRR

Banned

Sure I do! But I can't show you which because I'm a judge. I'm using some for my phone, tablet and desktop wallpaper. And I've just changed the profile picture for one of my PSN accounts. You can do it from the phone now, so good.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I hope future Sony titles have this. It would be freaking amazing to do this in The Order and DriveClub.

Heck, more devs should do it, it's freaking free advertisements.

Top Bottom