• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Screenshot Contest

FeiRR

Banned
yZ4UPBf.png

• You need a GAF account to participate. GAF Gold is not required.
  • Each GAFfer can submit one Infamous: Second Son screenshot so pick your entry wisely. If you change your mind before the deadline, you can edit your post and replace your entry with another one. We will not judge them before the deadline.
  • Screenshot should be submitted in this thread. Please do not post more than one per user and refrain from posting other images/media. Comments are allowed and welcome. You can use a screenshot you already posted on GAF or make a new one.
  • The contest lasts until midnight on May 2nd PDT (7:00 AM on 3rd May GMT), 2014. Entries coming after the deadline will not count.
  • The voting jury consists of the following users: Bunta, FeiRR, Magicman103 and viveks86. I invited the top of the wall of shame from the original IF:SS OT. Some people decided not to participate and take part in the contest instead.
  • Each juror will choose 3 screenshots. Judges will post their choices and rank all selected 12 screenshots (their own and coming from other judges) with scores from 1 to 3. The screenshot with the highest accumulated score wins. Judges cannot take part in the contest. Judges will pick and rate their favourites publicly in this thread. Judges should refrain from commenting on their preferences before the deadline.
  • 1st prize: $20 PSN credit (or equivalent in your local currency) and a custom made t-shirt with the winning shot (the winner will be able to choose size and hopefully colour), this funded by me
  • 2nd prize: $20 PSN credit funded by viveks86
  • 3rd - 6th prize: $10 PSN credit each funded by users Prototype Viktor and Yaser Tech, thanks a lot guys!
  • We are not affiliated with Sony or Sucker Punch. The contest is made for fun and to celebrate the addition of a new great feature of the game and Playstation community on GAF.
  • Remember: always wear a beanie and good luck everybody!

Useful links:
SP's guide to screenshot making
Official IF:SS screenshot OT
The original Infamous: Second Son OT

Thanks to Dinjooh for the banner

UPDATE: We have a winner! WhupTroy's entry received the 1st prize. The following places are still to be decided.

All the entries can be found here http://infamouscontest.imgur.com/all/ or here as a ZIP file (47 MB) https://db.tt/8Xio4JBo

Are any edits to photos allowed or does it have to be unedited? I'm talking about simple things like cropping or rotation. Obviously photoshopping would be disallowed.

viveks86

Time for jury duty!

First prize goes to whoever is willing to split it with me.

Nah, I'm kidding. If that got your hopes up, remember that you are a SHAMELESS CHEATER

14075305521_74f29ad019_h.jpg

Getting in under the wire. My final submission. This one without Delsin (as per the feedback I've received). I just can't compete with anything in this thread, but this is for my own personal satisfaction/OCD. Good luck, everyone!

bombshell

How can I get uncompressed image quality? Twitter's PS4Share makes it look bad

• Send a PSN message to a secondary/dummy account on your PS4 with the image as attachment.
  • Go to the Playstation app or website and download the image from the message to your phone/PC.
  • Upload the image somewhere and link it in here.

It's a workaround until we get USB image export in 1.70.

• Send a PSN message to a secondary/dummy account on your PS4 with the image as attachment.
  • Go to the Playstation app or website and download the image from the message to your phone/PC.

THIS is what I needed to know! Thanks a bunch. I'll do this as soon as I get home.

BTW, you can send messages to yourself, can't you? Wouldn't it work that way, as well?

This should be added to the OP for people that aren't aware of it.

dolabla

Very good idea! First Blood !
BljKkeHIcAAqJIC.jpg:orig

Wow! I consider this game to be the official start of next gen. Easily the best looking game so far IMO. Sucker Punch did a fantastic job. And to think, this is just the beginning and it already has visuals like this. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

USF

Thanks

FeiRR

Banned
Edit sorry I see no photoshopping allowed.

Another question, is changing color grading in photo mode allowed? If not I'll edit again x) lol

I vote no. That's 1 out of 4. Will let the other judges decide. It just seems a more even playing field that way. Screenshots should be a single shot. Rotation is allowed.

I'm also against panoramas. You have a clear advantage using more than 1 screenshot to show something spectacular. They're really cool but let's keep it fair. On the other hand, image manipulation by the game tool itself is what we encourage everybody to use.

I don't have a PS4 but this is a great idea. This is why I love GAF so much!

If you have a PSN account and a friend with PS4 and IF:SS, nobody's stopping you.

viveks86

Feel free to modify your submission until the deadline. It will be good to see everyone stepping up their game when competition gets tougher :)

M.Steiner

Sounds good. Already off to a good start as well I see!

i35zopZrYM43T.jpg

I'm having a hard time trying to make my mind up between this and another shot so I may edit my post before the deadline should I change my mind (or take some others which I prefer). Going to go with this one for now though.

Kane1345

Awesome idea! Thowing this pic into the mix. I only rotated it didn't touch anything else :)

infamous_second_son_20140420134722_by_kane1345-d7gjzi7.jpg

Pic has been replaced with the new version for 1.7 :)

DrunkDan

Hopefully some of the users from the ISS photo thread post in here too. Some of the stuff in there is amazing.

Especially that post above from Kane. Great work.

Skyr

fasTRapid made it into a movie poster, thought it was awesome lol. Just in case you didn't see his creation:

Holy crap infact i didn't see that. This is exactly how i imagined it. Fantastic.
I want this movie to happen now..

Top Bottom