• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous Second Son Walkthrough Out - Spoiler thread of Spoiling things

Alright. If there are in fact 4+ powers and they're all as comprehensive as what we have here with smoke, I'm officially in love with this game.
Missions3.jpg

Yeah, I'm in love with the skill tree. It makes me glad we can upgrade powers as well as earn more. I thought we'd be restricted to the set of moves earned with each power.

Endo Punk

If concrete and mind control are the other powers then I am not pleased at all. Neon and Smoke look so good that I was hoping the hidden ones would be even more creative and awesome. Hell I'd even take a tongue of fury power over boring concrete.

I'm assuming you can't max out bad karma then go back to good to unlock all the skills? Since there might be a bad karma dash and a good karma dash that uses the same combination.

If concrete and mind control are the other powers then I am not pleased at all. Neon and Smoke look so good that I was hoping the hidden ones would be even more creative and awesome. Hell I'd even take a tongue of fury power over boring concrete.

Ya I'm with you there, glass and paper would have been infinitely more interesting.

See, this is why saying that they're keeping things hidden under the reason of not wanting to show too much is a bad idea. People start speculating on how many power there is and what are they and risk disappointment when the real power is not up to people's expectation. It'd be much better for sucker punch to just lie and say that theres only 2 power, smoke and neon with skill tree. So when we actually got 3rd and 4th power, it will come as pleasant surprise.

Naughty dog handle this kind of thing much better

you haven't even seen how delsin will use it. you're disappointed based on zero footage and just by name.

Loudninja

See, this is why saying that they're keeping things hidden under the reason of not wanting to show too much is a bad idea. People start speculating on how many power there is and what are they and risk disappointment when the real power is not up to people's expectation. It'd be much better for sucker punch to just lie and say that theres only 2 power, smoke and neon with skill tree. So when we actually got 3rd and 4th power, it will come as pleasant surprise.

Naughty dog handle this kind of thing much better
Completely disagree ND spoils way too much of their games in the trailers.

Jonboy

Those first 20 minutes that leaked were fantastic. I was concerned about the writing / characters / cutscenes, but they all appear to deliver - at least, judging from the first moments of the game.

But now on to my next issue: are there enough things to do in the world outside of main missions?

From the looks of the map above, it's all destroying DUP stuff and collecting shards. That seems to be about it.

I hope there's a lot more to do...

Exactly.

UGC made up for it in 2. But the first was pretty lackluster as far as extracurricular stuff is concerned.

Going by the leaked trophy list, I think there will be plenty to do. Plus you essentially have 2 playthroughs to see/experience everything.

sjay1994

How do you drain mind control?

Also, I'd be fine with it since it seems like a power designed to dick around with the AI.

sjay1994

Ok... I need to never come back to this thread until I get and beat the game.

I've possibly spoiled the powers (mind control sounds cool to me (have no idea how you drain it though) concrete was staring us dead in the face)

I don't want to see what the power sets can do.

So blackout time.

a friend mentioned the distinct design of all the satellite dishes around the city...then i noticed that they really did stand out during some of the streams..Im thinking it will be some kind of waves or something...maybe soundwaves

caleb1915

a friend mentioned the distinct design of all the satellite dishes around the city...then i noticed that they really did stand out during some of the streams..Im thinking it will be some kind of waves or something...maybe soundwaves

I was thinking radio waves, something most people use everyday to some capacity.

Arun1910

You doing good!

Awe, cant climb the needle? :(

And wait, why the hell are there red barrels in this game lmao

I believe I read an article saying that SP were only allowed to put the Space Needle in the game if:

1. You couldn't climb to the top.
2. You couldn't die from falling off it.

golem

I believe I read an article saying that SP were only allowed to put the Space Needle in the game if:

1. You couldn't climb to the top.
2. You couldn't die from falling off it.

That's.. strange. Is its architecture copyrighted or something?

Arun1910

Angels, using TV's as portals, with weird wings. Guessing radiowaves is going to be a power, or some sort of wave. Fits well with the satellite theory someone had earlier.

Lingitiz

Wow at this section. Great music, unique enemies, good acting...this game is looking quite nice.

edit: it just went to another level of weird. Nice.

Top Bottom