• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Line preview - Sega/Platinum Games DS RPG from the makers of Tekki

Gwanatu T

Dang that's sick looking. Definitely some sort of crazy simulation/RPG mix, and it looks fantastic. I guess only the Tekki guys could pull something like that off anyway.

bluemax

Banned
Portable + sci fi + rpg + ship customization == something I can get behind.

Ooh and sim combat? This is practically a dream game.

I'm still fapping over this. This is basically what I would have wanted in a Star Trek game if I'd had my way. Is there any indication of whether this will be story-driven or if there will be more freedom, like in Elite and so on?

duckroll

jiji said:
I'm still fapping over this. This is basically what I would have wanted in a Star Trek game if I'd had my way. Is there any indication of whether this will be story-driven or if there will be more freedom, like in Elite and so on?

According to Kouno the game will be largely story-driven as far as the narrative is concerned, but at the same time there seems to be a large degree of freedom in where you can go, what you can explore, how you go about doing things, etc. There isn't much info out on the story but I would think since the entire game design is so inspired by western PC space sims, the narrative flow would be similar too. Nudemaker has ever made a traditional JRPG ever, so there's no reason to expect one here.

TreIII

duckroll said:
According to Kouno the game will be largely story-driven as far as the narrative is concerned, but at the same time there seems to be a large degree of freedom in where you can go, what you can explore, how you go about doing things, etc. There isn't much info out on the story but I would think since the entire game design is so inspired by western PC space sims, the narrative flow would be similar too. Nudemaker has ever made a traditional JRPG ever, so there's no reason to expect one here.

Sounds like that's what's up.

Like I said before in other PlatGames threads...2009 will be year that stands to be one where all of Platinum Games' titles will probably get my money. :lol

duckroll

More direct feed pics from Famitsu's site.

aktitd.jpg
6pnwvl.jpg

4puq8z.jpg
oa6dxi.jpg

There's something about this that screams 'Elite DS' at me. Naturally, this is an amazing thing.

I'm actually more excited about this than I am about Platinum's other two announced titles.

Man, I'm way more excited about this game than I thought I would be when I first read the concept. The DS lineup keeps on getting better and better.

Delio

This game has been on my radar since i heard of it. Seeing more screens just gets my hyped for it. I could see myself wasting time just building a kickbutt ship.

Top Bottom