• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

It really does need to be double checked. It's hearsay... and it's potentially damaging so if Im wrong and it spreads around like truth I would feel like absolute shit.

I'm a total goddamn tease even posting this though. I saw the thread title and couldn't help myself ><

Mortimer waiting for confirmation from "deep throat"

Vol5

I'd say the clue is that it'd be damaging and he doesn't want it spreading if it isn't true. Would the PS4 version running worse be damaging? No. The Xbox version looking worse? No. So what would that leave? Team Vernia's point about forced parity would fit that description. It'd be damaging for IW and Activision if it was revealed that they scaled one version back from its original performance to meet the other platform.

Yep - I can dig it. Pretty fucking huge if true.

Majmun

It's probably nothing. Just the Xbone version of Ghosts releasing a few months later, or something insignificant as that.

I don't even care about CoD and I'm pumped for the news.

Maybe the dog is the PC for the last two thirds of the game, a la MGS2.

I'd say the clue is that it'd be damaging and he doesn't want it spreading if it isn't true. Would the PS4 version running worse be damaging? No. The Xbox version looking worse? No. So what would that leave? Team Vernia's point about forced parity would fit that description. It'd be damaging for IW and Activision if it was revealed that they scaled one version back from its original performance to meet the other platform.

activision Community manager already stated that the goal is to make them look the same.... this would not be new news.

from what i know of mort, he's mostly a sony guy. I don't think he would have groundbreaking info on any bad news with msft? So that means bad news for ps4 version? Forced parity confirmed? We need cboat asap!

activision Community manager already stated that the goal is to make them look the same.... this would not be new news.

The key would be in that they once had one version looking better than the other. Early rumors stated that the PS4 version was performing much better then the Xbox One version. Of course that was around E3, so obviously a lot could change. But if they actually then scaled that PS4 version back, that would be big news. It's one thing to aim for parity and another thing to scale a version back because the other version can't get there.

This is the one game I've really been expecting forced parity. Microsoft invests a lot of money in their exclusive DLC, and the last thing in the world they'd want would be the PS4 version of Ghosts being declared by Digital Foundry as the best version of the game. Every gaming blog would report the news and it would look bad for Microsoft.

I'm going with this one ;)

The key would be in that they once had one version looking better than the other. Early rumors stated that the PS4 version was performing much better then the Xbox One version. Of course that was around E3, so obviously a lot could change. But if they actually then scaled that PS4 version back, that would be big news. It's one thing to aim for parity and another thing to scale a version back because the other version can't get there.

what you do it develop the ps4 version and it runs like a champ, then you stop working on it and move everyone to get the xbone version up to par. In the process you stopped making improvements to the ps4 version even though there was plenty of room to do so. Technically you can say that you didn't nerf it because you never developed passed a certain point to know....

what you do it develop the ps4 version and it runs like a champ, then you stop working on it and move everyone to get the xbone version up to par. In the process you stopped making improvements to the ps4 version even though there was plenty of room to do so. Technically you can say that you didn't nerf it because you never developed passed a certain point to know....

That's exactly how it'll be. We've seen KZ:SF have 1080/60 MP and it looks alot better than COD so we know PS4 can handle 1080/60 next gen graphics. We haven't really seen anything close to that from any MS games so if they're aiming for 1080/60 on both, then something has to give

Who would have though that this would turn into such a suspense filled thread?

Forced parity would be a giant F U to Playstation owners. Extremely low tactic from MS and Activision.

Teletraan1

Banned
If forced parity is true i am not going to buy the games of publishers who are taking money or being bullied by a platform holder. If I made a decision as a consumer to buy a product because it has better specs then I better get games that reflect those better specs. I dont want shady back room deals dictating where the best versions of games will be. I want the hardware and properly coded software to decide that.

Gator86

Forced parity would be a giant F U to Playstation owners. Extremely low tactic from MS and Activision.

Everything about the MS/Activision relationship, in terms of COD, has kind of been a F U to Playstation fans so far so that's not really too crazy.

No way MS lets the PS4 version look better. No property is more important to Xbone than COD. If that relationships starts falling apart, they're seriously fucked.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

I think this is the problem with the tease, though. If FM never confirms what he heard, everyone will just assume forced parity is happening until gameplay somehow proves otherwise.

curb

Banned
Just say it and state in big bold letters that it's not confirmed yet. Later update with a confirmation or false alarm.

If it's significant, news outlets will pick it up and while they'll indicate that it's a unconfirmed, legions of readers will take it as fact anyway.

Vizzeh

Banned
This game is running on ps4, and advertised as, I can't see the news being negative towards Sony, likely ms? Is delayed or crappy port.

If forced parity is true i am not going to buy the games of publishers who are taking money or being bullied by a platform holder. If I made a decision as a consumer to buy a product because it has better specs then I better get games that reflect those better specs. I dont want shady back room deals dictating where the best versions of games will be. I want the hardware and properly coded software to decide that.

This is exactly why it would be damaging. Something like that isn't something that any publisher wants attached to them, especially if it isn't true.

Top Bottom