• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

I can speak to some speculation.

No I have not heard of it being delayed on the xbox.

No I have not heard about the xbox being delayed.

No I have not heard about parity between systems being forced.

So, yeah, all i can say is what it isn't.

I'm off to meetings for the next few hours. Sorry about the tease :/

Wait, am i the only one interpreting this as 'delayed on ps4'? Are we assuming its good news for Ps4 cause its coming from Mortimer?

image.php

Lmao

This thread man, fuck, laughing my ass off one minute, the next WTF

AHA-Lambda

My God that looks current gen.

It's as if they ported the game straight without using the extra power of the new systems.

AND the XB1 is supposed to be worse?

Jesus Christ. Am I getting this right, cos it's actually hard to believe.

ironcreed

Banned
That CoD Ghosts is 720p on Xbox One. Proelite also talked about the OS being buggy and crashing. Not good with a month until launch.

The mods are teasing us as well but we really have no actual confirmation yet

If fucking COD is having this kind of trouble on the Xbox One, then that is all I need to hear. It has some games that I want to play, but I am not paying $100 extra for inferior multiplats on a gimped system because of it being built around Kinect and OS bloat. I am going to stick to my original plans and get a PS4 first and check out the Xbox One at a price drop down the road.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
That's the PS4 version...

Hey, at least if it's 720p on Xbone maybe they can squeeze out some extra effects or something...ha... :/

You can't help but laugh really.

is the game secretly devoting half your GPU to mining bitcoins or something?

atleast that would explain the gtx780 recommendation.

COD being busted on xbox would be something else.

You would think if any game was optimised for the platform.. if any developer would be the first to be briefed. If there was ever a developer to moneyhat to lead on the platform it would be the COD guys.

If 720p is true I'll be the first to eat some crow

CTLance

Bish obviously stepped out to let the fanboys play and then come back later with a lawn mower to set things right. It's just a ploy to test the servers. Ah-yup. That's gotta be it.

Anyway, if, and I say IF, if this resolution thing is true then MS will have one pretty shitty week.

If fucking COD is having this kind of trouble on the Xbox One, then that is all I need to hear. It has some games that I want to play, but I am not paying $100 extra for inferior multiplats on a gimped system because of it being built around Kinect and OS bloat. I am going to stick to my original plans and get a PS4 first and check out the Xbox One at a price drop down the road.

Just remember that we haven't had any concrete confirmation as of yet on any of the things being posted but with the amount on insiders that are speaking up and the mods I'd say it's most likely true.

I plan on getting a PS4 anyway and part of that decision was MS saying they aren't targetting high end graphics. I personally expect this sort of thing to be more common going into next gen

Let's enter the console war.

My two theories:

1) This is all BS to make the forum freak out

2) Rather than forced parity, the PS4 version is intentionally made worse than the Xbone version.

So what is up with this looking garbage in native 1080p?

Were you expecting more from COD?

Respawn

Banned
Lé Blade Runner;87069871 said:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. 720p graphics on display off the shoulder of Xbox One... Sub-HD quality glittering near the Call of Duty franchise.... All these posts will be lost in this thread... Like tears... In rain...

Time... To die.

You win.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Lé Blade Runner;87069871 said:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. 720p graphics on display off the shoulder of Xbox One... Sub-HD quality glittering near the Call of Duty franchise.... All these posts will be lost in this thread... Like tears... In rain...

Time... To die.

looks at quote, looks at user name... well done sir

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
It doesn't though. Maybe IGN's player is mucking up on my PC.

Just saw the launch trailer from Gamersyde in high quality, and while I won't say it looks like Blops2, it does look like shit. Really thought the low quality trailers didn't do the game justice, but after seeing high quality footage, I have to say that Infinity Ward has no fucking idea what they are doing! That Quake 3 engine!

I really don't care as long as it looks better than MW3 & BO2.
Im buying the PS3 version and getting the PS4 version for only $10 more so it doesn't bother me.
im buying Killzone mainly just on style because that series gets worse with every title. so that will be my graphics game, COD my quality gameplay,
and if I buy BF this time it will be for it's quantity of gameplay.

It doesn't though. Maybe IGN's player is mucking up on my PC.

I went and re-watched it. Other than the compression method IGN has used, all I really noticed (that wasn't already in memory) is the aliasing. The game looks fairly close to Blops 2 imo.

UPDATE:

Went and watched the Gamersyde launch trailer as well. The quality is definitely better, and it still looks pretty bad. I wont compare it to Blops2 but

it
10432149723_143c89c0aa_o.png

is
10431979184_c9e2d6c13a_o.png

pretty bad
10432000136_f8ccbb0cb6_o.png

at times

Another edit: Make sure to click on the images so they are full resolution.

Top Bottom