• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

Hoodbury

I just can't say anything and finding another source in NDA-city is nigh impossible. I will fall on the sword of this one and say I'm awful for the tease and if a ban is needed to teach me/other potential teasers a lesson I totally get that.

Bummer, but boo urns I say. You're still OK in my book.

I just can't say anything and finding another source in NDA-city is nigh impossible. I will fall on the sword of this one and say I'm awful for the tease and if a ban is needed to teach me/other potential teasers a lesson I totally get that.

tumblr_ltth78t65S1qen75u.gif

The tease is annoying, but at least you're trying to verify it rather than just posting something that could be nonsense. I'm sure if anything does come up you'll let us know.

We still love you.

Also, if you're able to confirm it later, I'd still love to hear it!

Why is it necessary to confirm a rumor, I thought that's why they are called "rumors". And if it's damaging for one party and not true, then I bet they are quick with an official statement to deny this.

Tsundere

Banned

Can you perhaps PM an admin/mod with what you know, and see if they will allow it to be flagged as a rumor, pending your source for this?

Gemüsepizza;87054868 said:
Why is it necessary to confirm a rumor, I thought that's why they are called "rumors". And if it's damaging for one party and not true, then I bet they are quick with an official statement to deny this.

i'm pretty sure its in the forum rules not to post unsubstantiated rumors. Its a bannable offense.

a916

Hey Mort... can you answer this one question... would I be going wrong or regret my purchase of the PS4 version?

(keep in mind I really like COD and have a lot of fun playing it)

Vizzeh

Banned
Hey Mort... can you answer this one question... would I be going wrong or regret my purchase of the PS4 version?

(keep in mind I really like COD and have a lot of fun playing it)
Keep in mind their 'showing it off' on the ps4.

Gemüsepizza;87054868 said:

It's important to confirm things to protect all parties, including yourself and your sources. What if Mort's only source of a rumor is suspected of being leaky and was fed some false damning info by his bosses as a test? Then Mort giving that rumor away to GAF outs the original leak. If you have two or more sources, your odds of getting anyone in trouble as well as your odds of being wrong go down exponentially.

Also, this:

i'm pretty sure its in the forum rules not to post unsubstantiated rumors. Its a bannable offense.

Good on you, famous, for not throwing rumors around like crazy without confirmation.

GameSeeker

That's a good approach - no actual rumor was posted. If the information can't be confirmed, just drop it.

Its worth PMing the mods anyway, even if you dont post it.

You shouldnt be banned for doing the right, although cock teasing thing.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It's important to confirm things to protect all parties, including yourself and your sources. What if Mort's only source of a rumor is suspected of being leaky and was fed some false damning info by his bosses as a test? Then Mort giving that rumor away to GAF outs the original leak. If you have two or more sources, your odds of getting anyone in trouble as well as your odds of being wrong go down exponentially.

Good on you, famous, for not throwing rumors around like crazy without confirmation.

But bad for teasing. That one hurt.

QaaQer

Ok, how about this one: MS forcing no dedicated servers for ps4 version. It would really help sell the system to their base.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It really does need to be double checked. It's hearsay... and it's potentially damaging so if Im wrong and it spreads around like truth I would feel like absolute shit.

I'm a total goddamn tease even posting this though. I saw the thread title and couldn't help myself ><
Someone said that the XB1 version isn't running at 1080p?

I can speak to some speculation.

No I have not heard of it being delayed on the xbox.

No I have not heard about the xbox being delayed.

No I have not heard about parity between systems being forced.

So, yeah, all i can say is what it isn't.

I'm off to meetings for the next few hours. Sorry about the tease :/

Xbox One version looks like utter shit confirmed.

Just watched the gameplay footage on IGN @ 1080p and it looks shit for PS3 standards let alone PS4.

It's streaming video, which almost always looks compressed as hell and has frame issues...and IGN's player is far from the best out there.

I wouldn't use this as an accurate representation of how the game will look in person.

Oh. Shit.

o.o

So that means its something obvious, but we just have been overlooking it?

Nothingstopsthistrain.jpg

This is the biggest deal. You don't want mort's sources to be compromised.

See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_trap

Krakn3Dfx

Post it on the Twitter, man.

Or reddit, there's no danger of someone questioning anyone's integrity there.

Vire

So basically, the Xbox One version is in bad shape.

X1 version noticeably worse than PS4 then?

Can't wait for Digital Foundry analysis...

cdkee

Banned
Black Ops II has been atrocious. I stay away from the Treyarch offerings since they have been absolute garbage on PS3. I have noticed a lot of BLOPS2 players coming back to MW3 (which I still play) over the past year. This wasn't as pronounced during past games, friends usually stayed with the newest version until the next version.

The only people that don't notice the problems with BLOPS2 either have the best internet connection or they are terrible players who don't notice the huge lag-related disadvantages they are facing.

On topic - I am glad to see CoD: Dogs is being shown on PS4. I hope it runs well on PS4 (and Xbone). I'm looking forward to this game and I really hope Infinity Ward comes through. They have been solid in the past, and I know they are a different group, but I still enjoyed MW3 quite a bit. I hope they have done the following:

- Taken the time to create interesting and powerful weapons that will create great variety.
- Will not be nerfing or rebalancing everything with every other patch (one of my most hated Treyarch qualities. If everything needs rebalancing/nerfing, that means that they did not test or think anything through).
- Game runs smoothly / good netcode
- Hopefully they have removed some of the garbage issues (mainly Dead Man's Hand, Final/Last Stand)

I am a bit sad that the Predator Missile is gone (always loved that one), and I also have not seen my beloved Claymores anywhere :-(

I certainly don't have the best internet connection. And I am certainly not a bad player. My Kill/Death from BO1 onwards fluctuates around 2.0, give or take .05. The only connection issues I've ever noticed was
that from BO1 onwards a three bar connection felt noticeably worse than a 4 bar connection, almost to the point of unplayability. This might be what you are referring to in terms of network issues. That used to happen to me when I played on WiFi. With Ethernet into my router I have no problems. I can play on a three bar though most of the time. I just lead shots a bit to compensate.

Top Bottom