• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Initial D Stage 4 screens (arcade)

MegaTen

Banned
Initial D Stage 4 runs on Sega's Lindbergh arcade hardware.

amsg06xp7.jpg

amsg08ot7.jpg

amsg09lt9.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060914/am_sg.htm

Rabid Pancake

TheTrin's underpaid lackey
Yay for slamming your car into a ditch, flipping over three times in mid air then landing on all four of your wheels and being magically ok. The pavement texture still looks better then Forza which claims to be a "simulation" racer.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Grifter said:
...this is the same hardware as VF5...?

Did they tell the devs about the switch?
SWITCH ON!

Anyway, here's hoping they port this to PS2... AND actually bring it out here this time.

MegaTen

Banned
The lighting and textures look a hell of a lot better than the previous games. But compared to other Lindbergh games.. it does look pretty bad. Especially when you chack out the 3d character models they chose to use for the cutscenes. Awful. :lol

Looks good but as mochi-kun said it looks pretty much like the PS2 game in HD and with slightly enhanced graphics.

edit: oh **** it's worse that I thought. Look at this. Is this a next-gen game? The tree!! Look at that tree!! o_O

am_sg11.jpg

Graphics aside as long as it's fun as the previous games I'm all for it. Here's to spending more $$$ for freakin' gamecards =P

Someone please bring this out to US consoles for once! Tokyopop or somebody needs to get the American videogame license in order (uh, we'd want a port of the arcade game, not some terrbile budget PC game =P)

Edit: Then again if PS3 is region free I'll just import it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
What the hell is happening in these screens? Why is there a white outline around Takumi in the second screen? Why is Takumi racing against Itsuki? WTF is Sega Rosso doing with that franchise?

Well I guess it's safe to say that this game is not being made from the ground up on Lindbergh. I'm sure Sega just moved there code over to Lindbergh, bumped up the resolution, increased the graphics by a little bit and we have this.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
I used to play stage 2 & 3 religiuosly at my local arcade, glad to see they are still updating it. I still have my card, I think I got up to 22 stars or something.

maskrider

Blimblim said:
What the hell is happening in these screens? Why is there a white outline around Takumi in the second screen? Why is Takumi racing against Itsuki? WTF is Sega Rosso doing with that franchise?

That's not Takumi, he's SEGA. I think it's an example for nation wide (Japan) online battle.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I can remember a time when arcades were the definition of graphical polish. I'm sad to see that time long since pass. And Jesus, who did the masking job on the sprites in the third shot?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Still looks better than the previous Intial D games. Inital D doesn't really have great graphics anyway

icecream

Public Health Threat
I don't know, it looks worse than 3rd stage to me. But it's probably an issue of having to see it in motion.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Heh, I can almost hear Itsuki's voice in my head right now. :p

I never did watch 4th Stage (anime). How was that in the end?

am_sg11.jpg

icecream

Public Health Threat
dark10x said:

Open ended, leaving room for... 5th Stage!

Of course being a bunch of pay-per-view episodes, it wasn't really expected to have much plot...

dark10x said:

kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! FTW!

Well, I haven't seen 4th stage yet either but I'm looking forward to it. It may be a clichéd show but I like it, with that soundtrack full of jpop-like euro dance and cheap rhymes (togetheeer foreveeeeeer etc.). It's the best thing. Ever.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
this game is gonna rule

you can create your ownc haracter and it will show up on your card. Even when you make changes to your appearance.

Kittonwy

Banned
sp0rsk said:
this game is gonna rule

you can create your ownc haracter and it will show up on your card. Even when you make changes to your appearance.

Sweet.

But honesty, Trueno < Impreza. I can't believe that kid won that time because the other guy had to go to the bathroom, I don't get the manga at all.
gladtomeetya.gif

Top Bottom