• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 - Dr. Fate Reveal Trailer

Certinty

Gotta hand it to NRS, some of these characters look great. Not as good as the Swamp Thing reveal, but still pretty good.

ReaperXL7

The one I've been waiting for and I'm not disappointed. He looks awesome and I'm really curious to see what his gear options look like.

dlauv

What an effortlessly badass looking character.

There's some silver age camp charm about his design too, but they managed to make it look not awkward.

Staf

Love DC comics but don't really like fightning games and i hate evil superman stories. But this looks so damn awesome.

DrBo42

Man I have never heard of this guy. Pretty cool they're throwing in some non-mainstream characters. He looks like an Egyptian Dr. Strange though.

nova-white.png

+

48ba684833111b941e050c3aced23f69.jpg

This is what I instantly thought.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
If Dr. Fate is in I really hope they add in Etrigan. That would straight up make this a must buy. As he was my most wanted character in the last game.

Don't really know who Dr. Fate is since I don't follow comics.

And I LOVE the fact that the more lesser-known characters or characters without such popularity outside of comics are getting their fair due. Hope they go all out in the DLC.

As for the character, Dr. Fate looks fantastic. I might just main him but that move where he stores up Ankhs before releasing them seems like something I'd have trouble doing.

So excited for this game!

J-Tier

They gave him, who I personally think of as the most vanilla magic DC hero, a pretty good moveset. Plus he looks good to boot.

Dr. Fate was super cool in the Justice League cartoon. He was like Merlin in that show, popping up only when needed and never too soon or too late. And he always seemed "above" everyone else, like he could easily just crush everyone and everything, but he held back due to a sense of justice.

Cyros

Excited. Never read a Dr. Fate comic, but he has been one of my favorite DC heroes just off of the cameos he makes in the cartoons.

Neoxon

Doctor Fate was one of the characters I was looking forward to seeing realized since he was teased on the t-shirt as well as the eventual December leak. Fate's design in this game is great & he looks fun to play. Color me interested.

This is what I instantly thought.
It doesn't really look like he plays much like Nova. I can understand some of the Doctor Strange comparisons.

Neoxon

Looks a lot of fun to play.

I'm not familiar with his character though. He's basically DC's version of Dr. strange right?
If you want to go generic, they're both magic-wielding heroes. But once you get into their lore, the two couldn't be more different.

Doctor Fate also came first, so there's that to consider, as well.

Garlador

Looks a lot of fun to play.

I'm not familiar with his character though. He's basically DC's version of Dr. strange right?

More like Strange is Marvel's version of Doctor Fate.

Though the two made for an AWESOME Amalgam character once.

I think he looks fantastic. I always liked Doctor Fate, and his role in the Injustice universe has been quite a treat as well, even if a majority of his appearances have characters taking the piss out of him.

J-Tier

Garlador

That amalgam was ridiculous because it was Doctor Strange, Dr. Fate, AND Professor Xavier combined together.

He was so OP...

I really am impressed both by how accurate Fate looks to his original outfit, as well as how little his outfit has changed over the past nearly 80 years.

He looked cool then and he looks great now.

Am I the only one who doesn't like floating characters like Superman and Dr Fate? Didn't like it in the original game either. Seems weird to always be floating.

Top Bottom