• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

JAXXX

Micheal Jackson voice- Dirty Di-ana, nah..

DAzUMhKV0AU88CS.jpg

The Multiverse Event ”To End All Wars" begins tomorrow!

Had fun with Atricitus the other day actually.
Yeah, she can combo easily from her anti airs but she's more about making the most of the opportunity you get and slower play than she is about big burst damage.

Still feel like she could use 2-3 minor buffs though.

Though I have to say after playing so much SFV, I like the fact that I have to choose between positioning, oki and damage when I end my combos.

patchday

I've watched like 5 deadshot players get bodied so far. So much for op talk lol.

not sure if deadshot is OP but he definitely looks crazy in the hands of sonic fox. deadshot is definitely not doing bad in this tournament

Aaaah okay.

Ranked it is then!

I dont mind unranked since all my mains are L20 with full epic gear. No one is going to outstat me. Still do ranked as well

I'm not a Fighting game guy. Haven't been since MK2. Just not my bag. My kids love MKX and Injustice, though, so I bought them Injustice 2 since they did so well on their report cards.

Holy crap, guys. This is really good! The storytelling, the graphics, the faces in particular, the gameplay! I love bringing loot to a fighting game! The Many Worlds mode is great fun, too. Looks baller on the Pro in 4k, as well.

One of the reasons I don't like Fighting games is that they're so complicated. It seems long past the point that you could button mash and have a blast. They keep the move list here nice and tight. Yeah, you can get into some more esoteric aspects if you wish, but it's all pretty intuitive.

I'm very, very impressed.

wow you let yer kids play MKX thats hardcore lol. the closest my kids have been to fighting game so far has been Smash bros and even that was a hard sale to mom lol

In top 16 in a country tournament we are currently having, winner gets flown to that big Injustice 2 tournament in Birmingham.

glhf!!

blackflag

I get the feeling you won't like her lol.

A very up-close character and she doesn't have much in the way of wacky insane combos.

"MB" means Meter burn.

so 112DB1MB means that you do the 112 string, and cancel it into DB1 and MB it.

Thanks haha it's so obvious now I should have figured it out

Marvel

could never
Yeah, she can combo easily from her anti airs but she's more about making the most of the opportunity you get and slower play than she is about big burst damage.

Still feel like she could use 2-3 minor buffs though.

Though I have to say after playing so much SFV, I like the fact that I have to choose between positioning, oki and damage when I end my combos.
Interesting.

Yeah it's cool, the game is now starting to click for me. Esp footsies

hamchan

So does everyone else get the glitch where you seemingly get all the guild motherboxes earned again when you just restart the game?

hamchan

Accidentally left House of L's 5 because they decided to make it so three x pushes on the guild home screen is leave guild.

-_-

Really bad considering the mother box spam when entering the screen.

Deadshot is not hard to deal with, zoning wise. He just gets too much up close and can easily push you back full screen.

Yup yup, this is my biggest issue with him. He SHOULD be strong in regards to zoning but he most definitely should not be able to exert so much pressure up close.

eizarus

Banned
Just had my ass handed to me as Atrocitus (level 7) against Batman in a guild Multiverse event.

Any tips on how to deal with quicker characters like Batman?

IbukiLordSA

That's awesome!

Go for it, you've got this.

Haha thanks guys, sadly my run ended at Top 8. An Atrocitus player took me out, first time I ever fought one, so wasn't sure how to approach the match. I was also quite surprised as he kept waking up with those flying punch combo things, so in the second match I started to bait them out and managed to take the match but in the last match my punishes just seemed to miss, I think I might have been using the wrong stuff to punish. Also dropped too many combos, I could have taken that one but nerves got the better of me.

Anyway the tournament is 4 heats, today was the first, points are given to placements, after 4 heats, one each week, the top 16 come together to win the prize. So I am still alive, just need to get some match up experience, I only every really fight a Batman and Aquaman :) so I have very limited with match up experience.

So battle simulator in multiverse is the arcade mode?
Played and finished it for the first time with batman and got his ending. Is there a way to watch the unlocked endings? Or a way to see which character is finished in battle simulator?

I must be missing something cuz I can't seem to find the Diamond Multiverse event.
I believe it expired earlier this morning (unless another one popped up more recently?). There's been 2 that I've done, one last night, one this morning, and possibly a 3rd while I was asleep...so keep your eyes out in case another drops? Seems like it's good practice to hard quit the game when done, as some multiverses seem to only spawn on a fresh restart of the game too.

Hex

Banned
No, hes absolutely right. "Right place, right time" is a terrible way of having a weekend event and its not doing anything but bubbling up a ton of frustration.

But as you have seen by now, they are popping up through out the weekend.
It was not just one "hey you snooze you lose".
The whole "make everybody even" is what killed MMOs
I mean come on, most people do not even do the events they let the AI do it.
It is their way of getting people to play more, not getting them to be on at the time posted.

Played and finished it for the first time with batman and got his ending. Is there a way to watch the unlocked endings? Or a way to see which character is finished in battle simulator?

In the player customization, go to the player overview (whatever it's called where you can see the model of the character. Press R1 on the screen) and press Square.

Character Summary screen (I believe under the Customize Character menu), there's a button prompt to "watch character ending."

I find some of the placements of these things odd. To me, endings should probably be under Extras and it's weird to me that Settings are found under Extras, but alas!

bubumiao

So the inventory started to get full on a lot of characters for me now. Had to go through every single one character and mark every non-epic item for sale.

That was fun.

Yeah, I did that last night. My rotation now is get a character to 20, go to guild to pick up those boxes too. Open all boxes. Clear out all non-epic gear from the characters. Pick a new character to get to 20.
I wish there was an easier way to to get rid of all my shit gear. Or a way to sort it would be nice anyhow. I wish the best stuff would go to the top or something like that. And also let me mark for sale on the equip screen where I can see it, etc.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've seen a 500 strength rare. No other stats though.

Stat distribution is a mystery afaik. There seems to be some pattern and weighting to stats and max total values on a per equipment basis (some epics seem to stick to a certain range even with multiple rerolls) but so far all I know for sure is epics are usually better than rares but not always, while commons are trash outside of abilities before you hit 20.

kobu

I love playing cheetah but I feel like she sucks. I also miss Injustice 1 Wonder Woman because she feels like half a character in this game.

In the player customization, go to the player overview (whatever it's called where you can see the model of the character. Press R1 on the screen) and press Square.

Character Summary screen (I believe under the Customize Character menu), there's a button prompt to "watch character ending."

I find some of the placements of these things odd. To me, endings should probably be under Extras and it's weird to me that Settings are found under Extras, but alas!

Thank you both! :)
And yeah, it's quite hidden.
Also expected something like this under extras or a "gallery"

patchday

cheetah doesnt suck she's even been present at the top 48-top 16 thing yesterday.

I'm maining WW I just wish her hero power wasnt random. she was my fav in injustice 1 as well.

havent seen WW at the tournament tho not even once. I blame that on RNG hero powers

Tyaren

Opened a platinum motherbox and got an amazing looking epic chest armor for Green Lantern. My inventory for Green Lantern was already full... .__.

erawsd

But as you have seen by now, they are popping up through out the weekend.
It was not just one "hey you snooze you lose".
The whole "make everybody even" is what killed MMOs
I mean come on, most people do not even do the events they let the AI do it.
It is their way of getting people to play more, not getting them to be on at the time posted.

I'm not sure what MMOs "making everybody even" has to do with this. This isn't a matter of skill, its a matter of time. You aren't getting those boxes because you are a better player, you're getting those boxes because you just happen to be on at the right time. Having them scheduled wouldn't take away anything from the event and it would benefit all of us.

I'm not sure what MMOs "making everybody even" has to do with this. This isn't a matter of skill, its a matter of time. You aren't getting those boxes because you are a better player, you're getting those boxes because you just happen to be on at the right time. Having them scheduled wouldn't take away anything from the event and it would benefit all of us.
Are Diamond boxes that important anyway, though? Like...sure, Platinum boxes get you 1-3 epics, from my experience, and I assume Diamond are slightly better than that (I have 12 I have to open), but...considering you can get specific and random epics from Multiverse completion and random epics pop up pretty frequently in Bronze through Gold motherboxes anyway, it's just like a slightly quicker way to farm epics? Or am I missing something about what Diamond boxes contain?

Edit: that said, schedules for the biggest reward multiverses seem like a good idea for community happiness, for sure, so not trying to take away from that complaint.

Top Bottom