• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Dartastic

I'm mostly a Street Fighter and Marvel player. I've tried Mortal Kombat before and I wasn't really a fan. Only played a small amount of the first Injustice; in fact I think I may have it on my PS4 for free. Don't remember how I felt about it.

How is this game? I'm not sure I'll enjoy it because like I said, I'm not a MK guy. But it does look very polished, and the gameplay I've seen looks more fluid than MK stuff, which is important to me.

Skilletor

hTKORdf.png

I know, man -- I can't tell which is which!

LMAO

Rob Liefield keeps getting work somehow.

JeTmAn81

I'm mostly a Street Fighter and Marvel player. I've tried Mortal Kombat before and I wasn't really a fan. Only played a small amount of the first Injustice; in fact I think I may have it on my PS4 for free. Don't remember how I felt about it.

How is this game? I'm not sure I'll enjoy it because like I said, I'm not a MK guy. But it does look very polished, and the gameplay I've seen looks more fluid than MK stuff, which is important to me.

I've only played the first one, but it's way less MK than the main MK games. It's a different control setup, you hold back to block, and if the general NRS animations don't bug you then you'll have a good time IMO.

Wallach

It's good, but you'll have to adjust. Like I mentioned a few posts back, the biggest thing will be the combo system not being link-based. I guess to try and explain it in SF context, all the strings in this game are target combos and normals don't link.

Also if you do not like zoning you will have a hard time online. This game has full-featured zoning characters and solid zoning counter play that is required to learn to fight them.

Q8D3vil

Man, so many character to go though, so many sick combos to learn.

If u like this sort of combos you will probably like it, otherwise its not for you.
This is just day one, not counting his all run cancel things nobody figured out yet.

Can you look me straight in the eye and tell me it looks better than Killer Instinct?

Maybe I should quit now while Im still alive. After all, it was my fault that it got better off me

As someone who's played a lot of KI and ALMOST got to Killer rank.

Yes, this game looks a LOT better.

Chase17

Does the ultimate edition come with Darkseid?

Or will it be a few month wait until he becomes a DLC character I can pay for.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Mine didn't come with a code, and now I have to pester Best Buy to send me one ;_;

But he's also he sold separately like Goro was with MKX.

He's actually already available for purchase in-game. 6$ I believe.

And Darkseid was a pre-order only character, even for the regular edition. Day-1 copies also had a code for him.

Skilletor

Can you look me straight in the eye and tell me it looks better than Killer Instinct?

Maybe I should quit now while Im still alive. After all, it was my fault that it got better off me

Killer instinct is ugly as fuck. It's not in the same league as any current gen fighter.

To each their own

So what characters did I miss for only buying the regular edition?
If you didn't pre-order it then right now you're missing out on Darkseid.

There are a total of 9 DLC characters announced so far, with Starfire, Red Hood and Sub-Zero (From Mortal Kombat) already confirmed to be the first three.

We don't know when they're coming out though.

Khezu

It's really hard to say honestly, like MK the gameplay mechanics are very out there, and different people have different issues with certain mechanics.

The best advice I could give is to just buy it and keep the receipt.

The game is very very strange and it will take awhile to get used to it's mechanics if you are used to pretty much any other fighting game. It will take a few hours or even days for it to really click, and it might just not for you.

Things like the input buffer, cancel timing, frame data, don't work like any other game, and it will just feel wrong for awhile, your brain is telling you how things should work, and they don't.

If it does click for you, it can be a pretty fun game.

Archon473

Does this game have slow 6 frame input response like MKXL and SFV, or is it faster like Guilty Gear, Blazblue and old Injustice?

Skilletor

Every fighter is a hideous abomination to look at and much worse looking than every other fighter!

Actually, only KI for me. That game looks terrible.

MKX
IJ2
SF5
GG
Tekken
BB

::chef's kiss::

KI

Kill it with fire and throw the ashes down Mt. Doom.

Vic_Viper

So has there been any word on how long the Story mode will last on average?

Also will Darkseid be available as DLC?

Cant pick this up until Thursday and I didnt preorder :( Wasnt sure if I was even going to pick this up since I wasnt the biggest fan of the first Injustice outside of the story mode. But after watching the Quick Look, I2 looks awesome. The gear alone is seriously selling me on this game lol.

Does anyone have a link for a list of all the full costumes in the game? ie the Reverse Flash costume and Jay Garrick costume that was shown in the GB Quick Look.

dawgparty

Lex is to Superman as Joker is to Batman. It wasn't about the villains themselves but thir relationship to such big heroes. Batman got his Joker, Superman didn't get his Lex.

Lex Luthor is not even remotely as popular as Joker. I actually don't think I've ever met anyone who likes him at all?

Actually, only KI for me. That game looks terrible.

MKX
IJ
SF5
GG
Tekken
BB

::chef's kiss::

KI

Kill it with fire and throw the ashes down Mt. Doom.
I feel like Killer Instinct's biggest let down "graphically" are the character models. They look HORRIBLE as compared to the backgrounds and the insane particle effects.
Also will Darkseid be available as DLC?
He's already available. 6$ I believe.

Marvel

could never
Only character models I like in KI are my boys Shago and Fulgore. Stages are ok, particle effects are lovely.

Everything about the UI is super snappy.

The load time are quick.

Matchmaking is fast.

Everything just feels polished to hell and back.
That is truly great to know. I thought with how great everything looks (menu's incl) it would chug.

Khezu

I feel like Killer Instinct's biggest let down "graphically" are the character models. They look HORRIBLE as compared to the backgrounds and the insane particle effects.

I thought a lot of the season 1 characters looked nice at the time of it's release.

After that it was all downhill though.
It seems like all of season 2's budget went into Maya and HIsako, and everyone else was eh.

And season 3 was something else.

I thought a lot of the season 1 characters looked nice at the time of it's release.

After that it was all downhill though.
It seems like all of season 2's budget went into Maya and HIsako, and everyone else was eh.

And season 3 was something else.

Kim-Wu's in-game model still gives me nightmares.Which is a damn shame cause Kim-Wu's artwork makes her look phenomenal.

Top Bottom