• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Gleethor

Minor complaint, but there currently doesn't seem to be any way to view character endings after you've seen them, other than beating arcade again. MKX and Injustice 1 both had this option.

Nemesis_

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority but is anyone happy that the Joker isn't the fucking center of attention in this?

But on the other hand - is anyone else in love with his new design? I like the Joker as a kind of rougher, more edgier look like he is here.

bubumiao

I'm Pei-Yu on PSN, I'm sending a guild application, thanks!

edit: Gotta work on this when I get home (from work), didn't realize I had to be level 5 before I could try to do this.

:(

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority but is anyone happy that the Joker isn't the fucking center of attention in this?

But on the other hand - is anyone else in love with his new design? I like the Joker as a kind of rougher, more edgier look like he is here.

Yeah, once I came to terms with the fact that the Joker got in over more "suitable" candidates, I realized that the new design is actually pretty decent. But the downside of that is that his current voice doesn't seem as fitting.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Minor complaint, but there currently doesn't seem to be any way to view character endings after you've seen them, other than beating arcade again. MKX and Injustice 1 both had this option.

Yeah something the game is missing on the back end is a proper archive section to look at unlocks, character files, art, and such. Odd since Injustice and MKXL both have that.

If you didn't pre-order it then right now you're missing out on Darkseid.

There are a total of 9 DLC characters announced so far, with Starfire, Red Hood and Sub-Zero (From Mortal Kombat) already confirmed to be the first three.

We don't know when they're coming out though.

So I didnt miss out on much

Sub zero would be nice tho. I suppose brainiac is unlockable after the story

Skilletor

I feel like Killer Instinct's biggest let down "graphically" are the character models. They look HORRIBLE as compared to the backgrounds and the insane particle effects.

The artstyle is so repugnant to me that I can't be objective. lol.

But off topic.

Injustice 2 is dope.

Nemesis_

I wish I could view Gear that I haven't unlocked, overwatch style. But that's my only real major complaint after several hours with the game.

Vic_Viper

Is there a good recap video of the first games story? Either included with the game or on youtube?

Does anyone have a link for a list of all the full costumes in the game? ie the Reverse Flash costume and Jay Garrick costume that was shown in the GB Quick Look.

And is there any word so far on how long the Story Mode is on average?

DrBo42

Go into the customize character page. Select the character and go into Summary tab.

vg260

I feel like Killer Instinct's biggest let down "graphically" are the character models. They look HORRIBLE as compared to the backgrounds and the insane particle effects.
He's already available. 6$ I believe.

I love KI's aesthetics and art design generally speaking, but it's essentially a last gen game limited by the tech, so it's just showing its age. Given the hardware they had to work with, I don't think it's a let down at all. I'd love to see what they could do with a sequel designed with Scorpio in mind.

Gleethor

Yeah something the game is missing on the back end is a proper archive section to look at unlocks, character files, art, and such. Odd since Injustice and MKXL both have that.
That too. Wonder if they just didn't have time to compile it all. Maybe they'll patch something in later.

Khezu

Kim-Wu's in-game model still gives me nightmares.Which is a damn shame cause Kim-Wu's artwork makes her look phenomenal.

Her and Tusk.

I don't really blame IG completely for that, as I'm sure MS probably gave them table scraps for a budget

Maybe MK and Injustice doing well enough might encourage MS to give KI the budget it deserves.

Q8D3vil

How do i play the arcade mode ?
also, we probably gonna need a spoiler thread once people start finishing the story mode.

Skilletor

How are you liking it so far? I know you're not a big fan of NRS games.

I actually played a fair amount of MKX JUST to get used to the movement/inputs so I could play Injustice 2.

First blush, after playing so much you know what was just how snappy things were. I spent about an hour in training mode just learning strings with Supergirl. The way combos work and the flow of NRS games are strange to me coming from...pretty much everything else, so there'll be an adjustment time.

I'm enjoying it so far. None of the characters speak to me yet, so spending time going through strings. Leaning toward Kara and Damien.

I actually played a fair amount of MKX JUST to get used to the movement/inputs so I could play Injustice 2.

First blush, after playing so much you know what was just how snappy things were. I spent about an hour in training mode just learning strings with Supergirl. The way combos work and the flow of NRS games are strange to me coming from...pretty much everything else, so there'll be an adjustment time.

I'm enjoying it so far. None of the characters speak to me yet, so spending time going through strings. Leaning toward Kara and Damien.
Glad to hear you're having fun :)

Hope you find a character you can gel with soon.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So as of right now, there is no possible way to get darkseid any longer if I impulse purchase?

Dave1988

Never knew you liked fighting games xD

I'm a filthy casual when it comes to fighting games but I did play my fair share of them (Soul Calibur II-V, Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat 9 off the top of my head).

But yeah, I'm excited to try out Injustice 2, especially after learning that it has a sizable chunk of SP content.

Certinty

I already have a new favourite fighting game and I've only played the Multiverse mode.

Can't believe this is Injustice 2, might just be one of the biggest improvements I've ever seen for any sequel.

Ulong

So this gear i've been hearing about. If I go onto online multiplayer and join a random ranked matchup can I do that with gear stats being disabled? And what about just king of the hill lobbys, do those use gear stats?

So this gear i've been hearing about. If I go onto online multiplayer and join a random ranked matchup can I do that with gear stats being disabled? And what about just king of the hill lobbys, do those use gear stats?

Ranked matches automatically have gear stats disabled, gear only changes your looks.

For non-ranked matches, both players have to agree to disable gear stats.

Skilletor

Glad to hear you're having fun :)

Hope you find a character you can gel with soon.

Learning new fighters is fun! There's stuff I'll never like about NRS fighters, but I have to pay respect (with money) for all the effort they're putting in to the genre.

Plz, just no more MK characters. :/

Does the mobile game's story mode the same as the normal console version?

First three chapters were the same, so I stopped playing the mobile game.

Wallach

Competitive mode is on by default in ranked, disabling everything about gear / stats (except cosmetics). In any online mode both players have to agree on that setting to play.

Marvel

could never
I'm a filthy casual when it comes to fighting games but I did play my fair share of them (Soul Calibur II-V, Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat 9 off the top of my head).

But yeah, I'm excited to try out Injustice 2, especially after learning that it has a sizable chunk of SP contant.
Enjoy, there'll be loads to do heh :)

Compbros

Lex Luthor is not even remotely as popular as Joker. I actually don't think I've ever met anyone who likes him at all?

Lex was the most well-known villain for decades as Supes was the most popular hero. Regardless Superman is the number 2 franchise and they don't have his number one villain. On top of that this game alone proves that people can make it without being popular.

And, yes, people do like Lex.

Ulong

I'm glad to hear about the gear being disabled in ranked and optional in other modes thanks for replies.

I will admit to being pretty put off by how many characters aren't returning, even though I don't think any of the cut characters are ones I was super into last time. It just feels strange to lose so much of a roster. If Bane had been cut when he was my main in the first game, I'd be pretty unhappy when it came time to start playing this with my friends who all still have their main to fall back on, you know?

Took me a day or so to get used to them last week as well. These games are.... different.

I'm glad to hear about the gear being disabled in ranked and optional in other modes thanks for replies.

I will admit to being pretty put off by how many characters aren't returning, even though I don't think any of the cut characters are ones I was super into last time. It just feels strange to lose so much of a roster. If Bane had been cut when he was my main in the first game, I'd be pretty unhappy when it came time to start playing this with my friends who all still have their main to fall back on, you know?

That is my issue with the game as the old characters borrow heavily, with some jank and all, from the first game. The brand new characters look/feel much better to play and look at animation wise. If they were going to borrow those characters and give them visual updates and minor tweaks they should have brought over more characters and just have kept the new character count around the same to give players a bigger initial roster.

Just finished story mode. I thinks it's better than the first one (fuck that alternative Earth stuff). I have my issues with
Damian killing Zasz. I mean they retconned that for no reason at all. He could just killed any random inmate and thus show how he fell from grace and detached himself from Bruce's moral code. Also when I can't remember who mention how Starfire and Superboy were in Metropolis when the Joker blew everything up, did the writers retconned that too or only Superman knows that they are in the Phantom Zone?
Spoilers from the ending:
Love the
Batman
ending.
Screw you, Superman. I hope you rot in the Phantom Zone

dawgparty

So do you guys do a qcf for down right inputs or do you just press down and right in succesion? I never really got used to these inputs, SF-style inputs still feel a lot better to me.

JTCx

So do you guys do a qcf for down right inputs or do you just press down and right in succesion? I never really got used to these inputs, SF-style inputs still feel a lot better to me.

i still do qcf. Doesnt really matter how you do it as long as the game registers whatever youre inputting.

re-upping this request

My office lighting is terrible sorry.

YYVvO1V.jpg

m7j0AYB.jpg

Nx1vsBc.jpg

Top Bottom