• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Do Better

Can someone explain the mechanics a bit for me. I did the tutorial and a character trial but it doesn't really explain everything. The back heavy move that kinda charges and will launch them can also be used with 1 meter bar, but what is the point of it? Does using meter add anything? Also what advantage is there to changing it instead of just going for the hit?

What is the clash and when should I be using it? I've been playing gorilla grodd but not really sure what his character power is good for other than an extra special move.

Using meter with back + heavy and also forward + heavy adds one hit of armor to it. That will allow you to be invincible to one of your opponents attacks for a counter attack on them into a combo opportunity. Charging it allows you to then dash cancel forward or backwards out of the move if you want. It's another tool to feint the opponent and keep him/her guessing what you're going to do.

Clash is a combo breaker you can use once when you are on your second life bar. You use it to get out of a combo when you are close to losing, preferably when you have more meter filled than your opponent. The more meter you wager on the clash, the more health you get back.

The character tutorial for Grodd shows all the options his character trait has.

mitchlol

Using meter with back + heavy and also forward + heavy adds one hit of armor to it. That will allow you to be invincible to one of your opponents attacks for a counter attack on them into a combo opportunity. Charging it allows you to then dash cancel forward or backwards out of the move if you want. It's another tool to feint the opponent and keep him/her guessing what you're going to do.

Clash is a combo breaker you can use once when you are on your second life bar. You use it to get out of a combo when you are close to losing, preferably when you have more meter filled than your opponent. The more meter you wager on the clash, the more health you get back.

The character tutorial for Grodd shows all the options his character trait has.

Thanks I appreciate the answers, just one last question. I mostly play street fighter and guilty gear, so what control settings gets it closest to those games? Is negative edge worth it for NRS games?

Gurrry

Does anyone know if the higher your profile level, the more xp you need for the next level?

I am really hoping they adopted the overwatch model where after level 20, getting to 21 takes the same amount of XP as it would to get from 99 to 100.

My guess is that once you get to a certain level, leveling up will take ages (which means no source crystals).

Man, what a pain in the butthole Doctor Fate is. Last night it took me like half hour to defeat him. It got to the point where I just landed two punches and then got my ass handed to me in a matter of seconds. The fucker really got under my skin. Worst part? It was AI. My man Aquaman finally did it after a couple shots.

The most frustrating part of this game so far was the tutorial. It was not picking up some of the moves. Had to repeat some for about 5 minutes. That gold at the end though. :)

I have no desire to play as Grodd....getting great loot for him...dammit!

If you are on the fence because you are not great at fighting games but love DC, do it. As long as you connect some combos and block and be smart, you can carry the story even on medium. It's great so far!

dawgparty

If it's not too much trouble, spend some time in the guild multiverse mode, yall. More guild trophies, more guild boxes, more loot.

Yeah, I did that! I did the plain multiverse that had like 10-ish enemies to face? Is there a bonus to completing the entire thing for the guild? I know I get the completion rewards and stuff but not sure if the guild gets anything specific.

I can't really tell why I'm getting guild loot boxes except for the guild challenges that we already completed. Are guild points for that or just for me to use to buy guild loot boxes?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If some players feel the game inputs are not correctly interpreting special move commands, I might recommend turning off the option called "release check" in the control configuration menu.

That feature emulates the "negative edge" mechanic from Capcom fighting games, where a special move can also be activated by holding a button down during the motion then releasing it. IMO though, NetherRealm's detection for that action feels off to me. I always seem to drop more special moves in their games when release check is turned on.

Edit: doing a google search I find several articles and youtube videos claiming release check can screw up detection of combo and special move inputs if they're done too fast.

Do Better

Thanks I appreciate the answers, just one last question. I mostly play street fighter and guilty gear, so what control settings gets it closest to those games? Is negative edge worth it for NRS games?

Turning on alternate controls in the controller menu will change down, forward specials into classic fireball motion down, down forward, forward. Back, forward changes to half circle forward, etc. You can see and experiment with all the options in training mode. Most players turn off negative edge to lessen the chance of special moves coming out when they're trying to do command normals or strings.

Slaythe

Funny thing is that Superman seems to be MIA online compared to IJ1 where it was nothing but Superman.

Black Adam is literally an "untested Superman".

He does the same things but more unfair and broken.

So only Superman fans play him. People that want to cheese either play Adam or Supergirl, if they like that play style.

Also, Superman needs a lot of effort to open up people once they figure out they can just block low, and I doubt beginners would handle that well.

UncleMeat

Had a friend twist my arm into getting this game but I'm glad I did, it's a lot of fun. Think I'm going to main Supergirl for a while; she's got a scorpion teleport for zoners, freeze breath, eye lasers, air dash and even a dragon punch!

Who do I message about getting into House of L's 4(ps4)? pock3tmonster, Salty Rice, someone else? Thanks.

There is an alternate control scheme that's similar to SF but it feels... Off IMO. I'd just leave it on default since you can use quarter-circle inputs anyways for moves that are like down-forward.

Negative Edge is also wonky in these games and not worth using. I turn it and input shortcuts off since I was getting wrong moves with them on and I have pretty good execution.

Guys...netcode...how is it? Please tell me its not atrocious like the Mortal Kombat games.

PLISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Netcode is good. Very nice surprise after the first game.

Septic360

Banned
There is an alternate control scheme that's similar to SF but it feels... Off IMO. I'd just leave it on default since you can use quarter-circle inputs anyways for moves that are like down-forward.

Negative Edge is also wonky in these games and not worth using. I turn it and input shortcuts off since I was getting wrong moves with them on and I have pretty good execution.

Netcode is good. Very nice surprise after the first game.

Its probably one of if not the best out there in terms of online, it's insane.

oh it's gerd. Hella gerd.

SICK CUNTS!

OFF to get it now

Do Better

Yeah, I did that! I did the plain multiverse that had like 10-ish enemies to face? Is there a bonus to completing the entire thing for the guild? I know I get the completion rewards and stuff but not sure if the guild gets anything specific.

I can't really tell why I'm getting guild loot boxes except for the guild challenges that we already completed. Are guild points for that or just for me to use to buy guild loot boxes?

There are separate rewards in the guild multiverse and making progress as a guild will open up more challenges and earn guild trophies. Getting the trophies gets us all more guild boxes.

Chun-Li

Just tried it a couple of days ago> Was utterly wank

MKX has only 3 frames of input delay and roll back netcode. It's not at Killer Instinct levels and suffers when there is packet loss, but it is easily one of the best fighting games online despite that.

This is especially true when compared to SFV which can't even sync players correctly.

Slaythe

Just tried it a couple of days ago> Was utterly wank

The game is dead so you probably faced people with bad connection.

No netcode is gonna magically make up for those.

Anyway, the I2 netcode is great. If you fight McDonald wifi people then it will suck.

Septic360

Banned
Ah okay fair enough.

If its at Killer Instinct level of netcode then that would be something else.

HOW THE FUCK DOES KI pull it off btw?

GeeTeeCee

It took me way longer than it probably should have to even get past the opening tutorial. I somehow managed to fluke my way through Bane's character tutorial too. As a result it doesn't feel like I'm actually learning any of the mechanics or timing involved, more like just cheating and brute forcing my way through.

At least I'm having fun playing as Green Arrow.

Gurrry

Its probably one of if not the best out there in terms of online, it's insane.

Have to agree. MKX online sucked shit for me and completely ruined the experience. This is so good I cant even tell im playing online. It feels just like practice mode.

Ah okay fair enough.

My understanding is the game runs at higher than 60fps but is seen at 60fps (awful explanation), which helps that when frames drop or inputs lag its not noticeable? Something like that at least?

vg260

Ah okay fair enough.

In a panel they said it runs internally at 90 fps (although it displays at 60) to help account for lag. Not sure how all that works, but apparently it works. Probably why it's not as advanced visually.

edit: Talking about KI here.

every single fighting game ever needs to do dedicated gear like this holy shit.
that alone will keep me playing forever.

also lol, guild 4 is almost full.
thanks for letting me in. cant wait to start losing

Top Bottom