• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Ryce

My theory is Brainiac is actually Brainiac with Lex Luthors body taken over.

Just look at this guy. He looks like Luthor painted green.
In other words... he looks like Brainiac? Luthor is a fictional character who has a completely different face in every appearance he makes, so I'm not sure how someone can specifically look like Luthor. Any bald man can look like Luthor or Brainiac.

Maybe you're right, but I feel like none of these character theories that wildly deviate from the established comic book lore ever pan out (undead avatar of the Rot Scarecrow, Doctor Fate Zatanna, et cetera). Brainiac is most likely just Vril Dox.

My OCD is triggering when i see the backgrounds of some character portraits have a different color for no reason while the majority its greyish.

Looks so random and copy and paste in the current build.
Actually a good point. I'm happy with this charater select screen compared to MKX's (the head-on portraits didn't do it for me), but that same question pops in my head. Like, why not all different, character-appropriate backgrounds, or all the same colour?

Actually a good point. I'm happy with this charater select screen compared to MKX's (the head-on portraits didn't do it for me), but that same question pops in my head. Like, why not all different, character-appropriate backgrounds, or all the same colour?

I would like character specific background portraits like in the good old days.

I agree just make everyone different or none. The majority looking the same with some exceptions in random places on the screen looks really off and weird.

Green Lantern's construct change colours with shaders.

BLUE LANTERN IS REAL, YES!!!

EDIT: Scarecrow has a Double Reppuken. This damn game.

Are there screen captures of this? I haven't been able to watch the stream as yet, presuming the informing came from the stream of course.

I'm mildly bothered that a couple of the select screen icons aren't using the characters' default costumes.

I think the character select screen uses whatever outfits they have currently equipped as their icon.

Which could also mean you could outright replace Captain Cold with Mr Freeze or Super Girl with Power Girl or whatever I guess.

Are there screen captures of this? I haven't been able to watch the stream as yet, presuming the informing came from the stream of course.

The Lantern construct colour change was one of the questions that they answered so it's just a confirmation but that alone is enough to get me hyped.

If you want a gif of that double reppuken then here it is.

Slaythe

Wow I would love that brainiac / lex reveal :O .

I really salty about the superman villains genocide in I2.

Zod, Doomsday, Lex, all gone. =(

sinkfla87

Okay so I've been keeping off this thread and the Injustice Reddit until I could finish the stream (screw you, job!) but now that I've got that out of the way... Few points.

1. (Plague Doctor) Scarecrow is fucking awesome. Can't wait to play him. He seems like he might be scary to fight against competitively but as always, too early to tell.

2. Black Adam looks better now, wished they gave him a new trait though.

3. Green Arrow!!! Awesome surprise and thank you, Tyler! I do wish they changed him up a little more but there are some improvements like the new MB bow spin (I really hope that's not a gear only move). Strange thing to note however is that Tyler only used Ice Arrow and Shock Arrow. Is fire Arrow gone?

4. Firestorm looks boring AF without his gear moves. And his gear looks so generic. Bummer.

5. For those of you talking about Cyborg's trait, I think his trait from IJ1 is a gear ability change and his current trait in IJ2 is something new. I say this because...
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/651lnl/comment/dg6u4ql

Hard to believe we are only about a month away from release everyone!!!!

I kinda hated Derrick a little bit, for blocking that Super :(

Agree with you on Firestorm, he's the only one that looks super boring. In playstyle, in design and his gear. His personality isn't a winner either.

sinkfla87

I kinda hated Derrick a little bit, for blocking that Super :(

Agree with you on Firestorm, he's the only one that looks super boring. In playstyle, in design and his gear. His personality isn't a winner either.

Everything about him just seems so generic. The fire effect looks great but the moveset is just too bland. I do think it's funny though that his level 3 power is like some kind of mini-MVC3 Dark Phoenix haha. They said it lasted awhile but it looked pretty brief to me. I think Gorilla Grodd is going to surprise people at launch. I didn't expect that much versatility from him.

Oh, there's a picture floating around of GA with a boxing glove arrow. Is it pretty much soft confirmed that that is gear only ability? I hope not :(.

Edit: I told Tyler I was mad at Derek for that too in the nicest way I possibly could but my blood was boiling lol.

bunkitz

Fire away.

Cool.

So since when was
Tim dead???
When the fuck did that happen?Also, lord almighty it is good to see Redondo's art again. Mmm.
Oh, and I half expected Deadshot to be black because of the movie, but I guess he's not. I'd be cool with whichever version they go with anyway. At least this explains his presence in the game, I guess? A little unhappy with the Suicide Squad's roster, though. I'm used to there only being a handful or so unlucky villains.

Cool.

So since when was
Tim dead???
When the fuck did that happen?Also, lord almighty it is good to see Redondo's art again. Mmm.
Oh, and I half expected Deadshot to be black because of the movie, but I guess he's not. I'd be cool with whichever version they go with anyway. At least this explains his presence in the game, I guess? A little unhappy with the Suicide Squad's roster, though. I'm used to there only being a handful or so unlucky villains.
He isn't but I don't think Superman ever told anyone that he just locked them away in the Phantom Zone.

Khezu

Firestorm looks mad boring, but he fills a niche for certain NRS players that like that particular play style.

Will probably never touch him.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Firestorm looks mad boring, but he fills a niche for certain NRS players that like that particular play style.

Will probably never touch him.

He's literally the only character I have no interest in. A fairly boring character with a really boring playstyle.

Khezu

He really does seem like he is only there because of the CW.

They didn't have much passion for him, so they just made him into on of their familiar archetypes to throw Sinestro players a bone.

sinkfla87

It's obvious they pulled a lot of move ideas from The CW

Hence why Firestorm is mostly just a generic shoot fireball guy

One thing I did like from Firestorm is that 3 shot ground burst thing. Sucks it's a gear only move. I think they locked a lot of awesome moves behind gear simply because gear is the new innovative trait of the game, and it's a good way to ensure people outside of the competitive scene get into it. I'm going to grind until my thumbs bleed lol.

sinkfla87

I want everything in one go...so that's Ultimate I believe? I'll have to review which is which.

Yep, Ultimate gives you access to the PG, John Stewart, and Reverse Flash premiere skins as well as all 9 DLC characters. Oh, and two exclusive shaders. I'm rolling with the Ultimate myself. With a RZ certificate and GCU discount I can get all of that for 70 bucks, only 10 more dollars than you'd pay for a standard price game (without GCU). I knew Best Buy would come in handy haha.

Certinty

So which edition of the game is everyone going to go with? Standard, Digital Deluxe or Ultimate?
Ultimate. Big price difference but at the same time I know I'll end up buying all the DLC anyway.

Just a bit annoyed I can't get the Ultimate Edition with the Supergirl cover/steelbook. Don't like the Batman one.

Top Bottom