• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Yep, Ultimate gives you access to the PG, John Stewart, and Reverse Flash premiere skins as well as all 9 DLC characters. Oh, and two exclusive shaders. I'm rolling with the Ultimate myself. With a RZ certificate and GCU discount I can get all of that for 70 bucks, only 10 more dollars than you'd pay for a standard price game (without GCU). I knew Best Buy would come in handy haha.

That's a great deal! It's a shame there's nothing similar I can take advantage of here, but I'm down for the Ultimate edition regardless.

Ultimate. Big price difference but at the same time I know I'll end up buying all the DLC anyway.

Just a bit annoyed I can't get the Ultimate Edition with the Supergirl cover/steelbook. Don't like the Batman one.

The Supergirl steelbook looks fantastic. I agree that it's far more appealing than the current Batman edition. It'd have been nice to have a choice regardless of which edition you bought but I understand the semantics of such a choice would be a logistical nightmare.

Nah. Injustice-verse Luthor was killed by Superman at the end of the past game. That is also why he is not playable this time around I wager.

Just because he is dead doesnt mean Brainiac couldnt use his body as a vessel.

I can imagine him using Luthors body because he knows he can fuck with Superman this way.

Just imagine the feels at the end of the story when he needs to kill Luthor again after he regrets his decision.

sinkfla87

That's a great deal! It's a shame there's nothing similar I can take advantage of here, but I'm down for the Ultimate edition regardless.

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. Hell, if there was a way I could send you a copy that was cheaper and could get to you in time I would. :(
I think we're going to get more premiere skins in each DLC wave, simply because if they charge 20 bucks for 3 characters in a pack... Well that seems expensive lol.

J-Tier

Just because he is dead doesnt mean Brainiac couldnt use his body as a vessel.

I can imagine him using Luthors body because he knows he can fuck with Superman this way.

Just imagine the feels at the end of the story when he needs to kill Luthor again after he regrets his decision.
I'm cool with the angle. Though Braniac always did look like a green bald dude, so I'm inclined to believe that it's just Braniac.

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. Hell, if there was a way I could send you a copy that was cheaper and could get to you in time I would. :(
I think we're going to get more premiere skins in each DLC wave, simply because if they charge 20 bucks for 3 characters in a pack... Well that seems expensive lol.

Haha. I appreciate the gesture but I'm so pumped for the game that I'm okay with paying the RRP. We'll need to fight on the regular. ;)

I'm expecting more Premier Skins as well, but I'm curious as to what that'll mean for the Season Pass/Ultimate Edition. It's advertised as only including 3 Premier Skins and 9 DLC characters, so presumably we'll have to buy additional Premier Skins, if any.

vg260

So which edition of the game is everyone going to go with? Standard, Digital Deluxe or Ultimate?

I preordered the Ultimate on PS4 when Sony ran the spend 100, get 15 back deal. It worked out about the same as physical with a BB GCU+tax I'll probably double-dip on the Xbox down the line when there's a sale, likely around the time Scorpio comes out. Hopefully they support it for the extra performance bump. It looked to be sub-1080p on Xbox from the beta. It could end up being the nicest-looking version.

Yep, Ultimate gives you access to the PG, John Stewart, and Reverse Flash premiere skins as well as all 9 DLC characters. Oh, and two exclusive shaders. I'm rolling with the Ultimate myself. With a RZ certificate and GCU discount I can get all of that for 70 bucks, only 10 more dollars than you'd pay for a standard price game (without GCU). I knew Best Buy would come in handy haha.

Heh, that's the exact same thing I'm doing. Kinda hoping Best Buy drops me another random $10 off coupon so I can pick it up for a straight $60.

My goal is to actually learn how to play fighting games for once. I always play through the story mode, challenge modes, and get the arcade endings for every character, but I rarely ever actually fight against human players.

Neoxon

I wonder how will they revive The Joker
  • Only for Flashbacks
  • From Another Earth (like Green Arrow in Injustice 2)
  • Clone
  • How he came back in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
    (obviously not via Tim Drake since he's in the Phantom Zone.)
Take your pick

opricnik

Banned
  • Only for Flashbacks
  • Clone
Take your pick

Maybe He is ghost like Arkham Knight or Zombie like Liu/Kitana

caliph95

• Only for Flashbacks
  • Clone
Take your pick
Also possible hallucination caused by scarecrow for Harley

Ryce

I think he'll appear in flashback scenes/chapters (which we know the story has) and maybe as a Fear Toxin hallucination. I don't think he'll physically exist in the present story as a resurrected character or anything like that. The playable Joker will be treated as non-canon, like Liu Kang and such in MKX.

opricnik

Banned
I mean if they want to Reverse Flash or Flash can bring him with some zingo-mingo back from another timeline or something like that.

So which edition of the game is everyone going to go with? Standard, Digital Deluxe or Ultimate?

Ultimate. I brought it up a couple weeks ago, but Amazon had a $5 discount for ordering something on mobile. That, plus the Prime discount and a left over gift card allowed me to get it for about $60.

caliph95

I know we are not supposed to think about it i wonder what is actually happening when you are fighting scarecrow. Is he just pelting you with rocks or having you punch yourslef

Ryce

I hope Scarecrow turns into his regular form and grovels during his quick little defeat animation at the end of a fight.

I pre-ordered the ultimate edition too. Thought it'd be region-locked so I got it on my UK account.

Ended up costing me a bit more :(
and it means that my brother can't play it on his PS4 :(

but I DID manage to take advantage of that "send 50£ and get 10£ back" promo so I have something to help me when that inevitable new premium skin DLC becomes available.

Anyone have one of those Twitch Injustice comic bundle codes they don't need? Have a friend who really want to check out Harley in Ground Zero.

Haha. I appreciate the gesture but I'm so pumped for the game that I'm okay with paying the RRP. We'll need to fight on the regular. ;)

I'm expecting more Premier Skins as well, but I'm curious as to what that'll mean for the Season Pass/Ultimate Edition. It's advertised as only including 3 Premier Skins and 9 DLC characters, so presumably we'll have to buy additional Premier Skins, if any.

I went with Ultimate digital version for convenience and so I can play right when it unlocks.

Didn't they say somewhere that Premier skins drop in loot boxes (at a low rate) or am I remembering it wrong?

Tyaren

That's where Sony are pushing those Pro ads and deals with free Horizon etc, right? Wonder if we'll get a Pro blog post.

I hope there will be some info about what they're doing with the game on Pro.
Please, please, please a 4k/checkerboarding mode and downsampling!

delSai

I still have no idea who i want to try first from the newcomers. Maybe Swamp Thing? Or Cheetah? But Scarecrow also looks dope...

Choose the one who has the coolest grabs.

nsr.gif

Khezu

I'm just going to play Star Sapphire Hal.

Maybe Scarecrow.

Was going to play Wonder Woman, but they changed her so much that I'm not sure if I will like her anymore.

Tyaren

Is Aquaman a good character for a newcomer to the series to use first? He looks cool and his super is so awesome. So I thought about picking him up first when I get game.

Unfortunately I usually tend to find the more complicated characters the most appealing. :/

Top Bottom