• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Q8D3vil

We need to take a bet on the approximate number of drive by post that mention stiff animations in the review thread.
my guess is ~20

We really going to blame that on the character when it was most likely done because it was easier for animation? Come on bro. That probably would've been the deal no matter what Lantern was used.

Plus, it ain't like he was the only character nerfed for that show.

Regardless, its why i'll never understand why people like him based on the show.

At work so can't link anything but just look up john stewart constructs and you'll see how a former architect does his constructs.

I know what he makes, and in the list of stupid constructs kyle definitely has him beat, but john is also the guy that makes a bunch of sniper rifles because he's boring

Tyaren

We need to take a bet on the approximate number of drive by post that mention stiff animations in the review thread.
my guess is ~20

On just the first page? XD

I think Injustice 2's animations are just fine from what I've seen. (I for example find Tekken's animations stiffer and more unnatural.)
Injustice 1 however looked pretty bad in that regard. One of the reasons I never touched the game. ;)

DrBo42

I think Injustice 2's animations are just fine from what I've seen. (I for example find Tekken's animations stiffer and more unnatural.)
Injustice 1 however looked pretty bad in that regard. One of the reasons I never touched the game. ;)

Been playing Injustice 1 on PC these past few days and woof...it's like a time capsule. The leap is just crazy, even for a console generation it's nuts.

Q8D3vil

it is, I only started really liking NRS games after MKX which was a huge leap over Mk9 and In1.

Btw, im reading the first pre Injustice 1 comics and year 2 writing is amazing (Year 1 was mediocre).

Tyaren

To be fair the characters look worse than some ps2 games.

They were actually fairly well modelled and textured. What you probably mean is their animations and really, really unattractive design.
Look at these proportions:

790455-injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-playstation-4-screenshot.jpg

How did anyone on the team think they could put Wonder Woman like this in the game? O:

Regardless, its why i'll never understand why people like him based on the show.

I know what he makes, and in the list of stupid constructs kyle definitely has him beat, but john is also the guy that makes a bunch of sniper rifles because he's boring

People just gravitated to the character. It's the Harley Quinn effect. Except he started as a comic character and the cartoon boosted his status. I never knew he existed until the cartoon.

Blame that on Geoff Johns. His take on the character did him no favors and basically put forth the idea of the super stoic military black guy. He started out doing architecture, but then went off the deep end with the military aspect, which, unfortunately, due to the popularity of the book, is now what most comic readers attribute to the character. Not his initial run, not his run with the Darkstars, and not Mosaic, which most of his fans believe to be his definitive run. Other writers who've gotten him do make use of his architect background and it's influence on his constructs.

Tyaren

Depending on the game, I'd argue it's in fact below ps2.

fSKgZmN.gif

Uh... This is what NRS PS2 era character models looked like, guys.

20090220163622.jpg

Injustice 1 had genuinely ugly designs, that not even a mother could love, but technically (polygons, textures, shaders) they were done pretty well actually.

Someone that's not me should check and see if the Injustice 2 app is up on the US iOS store. It showed up for me, but I had also done some region switching to get it early. (But am currently searching the US store, where it appears, and it didn't previously)

AEREC

Someone that's not me should check and see if the Injustice 2 app is up on the US iOS store. It showed up for me, but I had also done some region switching to get it early. (But am currently searching the US store, where it appears, and it didn't previously)

Hmm...it is. Downloading now.

Anth0ny

They were actually fairly well modelled and textured. What you probably mean is their animations and really, really unattractive design.
Look at these proportions:

790455-injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-playstation-4-screenshot.jpg

How did anyone on the team think they could put Wonder Woman like this in the game? O:

good god wtf

Gleethor

So in the "everything you need to know" video released today, there are two different versions of the final character select screen. The first one is arranged with heroes on the left and villains on the right (They put Damien on the right for balance, I guess he's the most "villainous" of the heroes so ok) with Darkseid in the middle under the random space. The second version we see has insurgency members on the left and regime members on the right. Interesting.

holy fuck the prices of the mobile game

50 bucks to get Harley Quinn Suicide Squad.

Fuck that.

Welcome to mobile games. I noticed they also raised the prices of hero chests from 135 to 150 crystals.

Game runs better though. The menus are snappier and the fights seem smoother on my 5c. Still a looooong load to get into fights, but my phone is ancient these days, so

Slaythe

Holy fuck they weren't kidding when they said "the story of the console game on mobile"......

Welp..... I hope they locked the ending until actual release of console tho ...

edit : yes it's locked phew

AEREC

Mobile game doesn't run too great on my iPhone 6s plus. Framerate has small little hitches every once in a while...even after a reboot.

AEREC

Holy fuck they weren't kidding when they said "the story of the console game on mobile"......

Welp..... I hope they locked the ending until actual release of console tho ...

edit : yes it's locked phew

That surprised me as well...looks like it's just chapter 1 and Im sure the rest will be purchasable. Pretty cool though.

Slaythe

Mobile has the right to get KOs and instant transitions but the console version has to look at the awkward standing up and stutter to kneel.

FML

JAXXX

This game is really beautiful...I love the art direction.

zNVm0Hu.png

TqCtYEd.png

4slZ4xz.png

3UHokKw.png

BTW-
Guys be careful- rumor is that someone has the game so spoilers will be on youtube before you know it...

sinkfla87

Are we SURE this isn't a prequel? Damian looks way older as nightwing in the first injustice.

I'm going to spoiler this just in case but:
Word has it that chapter 1 of story mode takes place before the first game but then moves along past that games story.

Top Bottom