• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Khezu

Wth is up with the animation at 1:00 in the bane vs. batman vid. This game seriously needs better animations, looks terrible.

The one where he jumps over Bane? I'm not sure, it looks like they sped it up when editing the video, lots of other characters can do that, and they never enter super speed when they do it.

If its something else, then that's just normal MK animations.

Alienous

That cape thing that Batman does at 0:55 in the 'Batman vs Bane' gameplay is so very, very Batman.

That is pure intimidation.

Man, I have to say, from looking at these videos this game looks stupidly fun. Of course, I'm never going to be good enough at fighting games to do any of the combos in the videos, but that's how I always get sucked in. I look at the awesome gameplay and think how cool it looks, and then I suck ass at the actual game.

Will most likely pick this up anyway, though. This is great marketing. It's convinced me.

Man, I have to say, from looking at these videos this game looks stupidly fun. Of course, I'm never going to be good enough at fighting games to do any of the combos in the videos, but that's how I always get sucked in. I look at the awesome gameplay and think how cool it looks, and then I suck ass at the actual game.

Will most likely pick this up anyway, though. This is great marketing. It's convinced me.

Have you played Mortal Kombat before? I personally think it's much more accessible than other fighting games. I think this game will be the same in that way

Have you played Mortal Kombat before? I personally think it's much more accessible than other fighting games. I think this game will be the same in that way

Yeah, I played it back in the MK2/MK3 days and have the latest iteration as well. It's fun but I always get shamed whenever I try to play online. I've just come to terms with always being a mediocre player even though I love the genre.

TDLink

So whats everyone console of choice for this fighting game series 360/Ps3/wii u?

PS3 for me. I also believe PS3 is the lead development platform so it's probably what you should go with if you have the option.

Wth is up with the animation at 1:00 in the bane vs. batman vid. This game seriously needs better animations, looks terrible.

Game is still in development for a few more months. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some of the animations do definitely look weird but that is typical of NRS. Some also only look weird because of speed alterations in these videos to make it more cinematic or whatever (speed up and slow down effects).

Oooh nice. Can't wait to see the Bats take the win in this one. Of course we'll make sure Superman takes it all right? RIGHT?

I'd like to see one of the unrevealed characters take it over Superman just so we get more gameplay with them. Plus there are people on the roster who could take down Supes anyways (like Shazam).

C-Sword

Blackest Night DLC, exclusive at amazon

BlackestNight_Zombie._SX280_.jpg

BlackestNightBatman_Skin_Zombie._SX280_.jpg

Oooh nice. Can't wait to see the Bats take the win in this one. Of course we'll make sure Superman takes it all right? RIGHT?

If we don't have a Batman vs Superman as the final match, i'll be disappointed. Only because I pretty much expect it to happen.

Definitely cannot wait for Shazam gameplay if he keeps to his MKvsDC side and more, then he'll be my other choice. ^^

Edit: My god.. Those costumes! I must get. Man, this may be my most spent on costumes next to SSF4.

Blackest Night DLC, exclusive at amazon

I wonder if there are missions attached to this like with the Red Son pack. If so, now I have to actually decide where to pre order from. I wish I could get the New 52 costumes without dropping the dough on that collector's edition, those are the costumes I want most so far.

NEO0MJ

Could have at least given Supes and WW their actual Black Lantern costumes and not just zombified their faces.

I think these might just be placeholders. I mean why put Batman above with the rest of the black colored characters when it's obvious the one that will appear in game is the one in the picture below?

The zombie stuff is just a mode, similar to how it works in MK9, its not an actual skin you can select.

That would make sense, as much as it would suck.

TDLink

I don't see any difference in the first pic. Just damaged. That's really it or am I missing something?

The first picture is zombie skins for the characters (just their defaults but uh...made grey i guess). The Batman picture is the only one actually showing a Blackest Night Costume.

Personally I think all of these "Exclusives" will absolutely be made available later on anyways so I wouldn't sweat it too much. I still think Red Son seems like the coolest pack of the pre-orders so far. Plus it comes with bonus story stuff that the others don't seem to have.

Possible spoilers
http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2013/02/07/injustcv5jpg-756d98.jpg[/url] Damian Wayne spotted on the cover of this Injustice issue

So what is the DLC so far

Arrow Skin for Green Arrow (From the vote system)
New 52 Skins (preorder)
Red son Skins (preorder)
Blackest Night Skins (preorder)

Expected Classic Costumes also

TDLink

So what is the DLC so far

Arrow Skin for Green Arrow (From the vote system)
New 52 Skins (preorder)
Red son Skins (preorder)
Blackest Night Skins (preorder)

Expected Classic Costumes also

Arkham City skins from Walmart also.

More News:

Kayane (soul calibur player) will be hosting (and playing?) in an Injustice Exhibition this weekend (tomorrow and Sunday in particular) in Paris. I have to imagine it will be a new build, no word yet which characters will be in it though. Not sure if the exhibition will be streamed but the matches will definitely make their way online if not.

Nori Chan

The first picture is zombie skins for the characters (just their defaults but uh...made grey i guess). The Batman picture is the only one actually showing a Blackest Night Costume.

Personally I think all of these "Exclusives" will absolutely be made available later on anyways so I wouldn't sweat it too much. I still think Red Son seems like the coolest pack of the pre-orders so far. Plus it comes with bonus story stuff that the others don't seem to have.
So what's up with the zombie skin then? Like where did that pic come from?

Khezu

It seems to be some sort of game mode. I am not sure on the specifics.

Ya, curious to see how that would actually work, in MK9 it was a kombat kode, but this game doesn't have that, maybe just a toggle in the options menu?

Ya, curious to see how that would actually work, in MK9 it was a kombat kode, but this game doesn't have that, maybe just a toggle in the options menu?
Very likely. I expect the game will have many modes like that, since that's one of the reasons MK9 was soooo good to play with friends.

Also, how are the videos? I'm at the phone and can't watch them.

Khezu

Very likely. I expect the game will have many modes like that, since that's one of the reasons MK9 was soooo good to play with friends.

There alright, there not really matches so much as extended combo exhibitions with weird editing.

NEO0MJ

A staged fight where each combatant takes turns attacks using either a combo, a grab or a stage hazard, with an annoying camera angle chosen for each attack and bad editing. Not really interesting, but the first gameplay fotage of Bane for now.

How are Harley's?

And how is the transition in the Arkham stage? I'm assuming Killer Croc going all out.

Harley shows some nice combos, and the stage transition is pretty cool. A character is punched through the door and bomps into crocs back, who throws you to get attacked by Penguin, two-face and Riddler before giving you a punch that sends you to the next area.

The Adder

Banned
Bane beats shit out of Batman...loses oh the power of Batman being mainstream he going get all the votes

Because every time they fought on even terms, Bruce has whipped dat ass.

Bane only beat him the first time because he released all the prisoners in Arkham and waited until Bruce was exhausted dealing with that. Head to head, Bane is the inferior fighter.

Tsukumo

Here we go, first fight videos are up:

Bane Vs Batman - First Look at Watchtower Stage in Action
Wonder Woman Vs Harley Quinn - First Look at Arkham Asylum Stage in Action

DAT wall bouncing: urgh! so lame.
I was hoping for shorter combo strings but this looks like the game is going to be a juggle-fest. Still Day-one but I was expecting for something more focused on timing and a good mix of defensive/offensive tactics. Looks like just another fighter geared towards aggressive tactics. Too bad.
Come to think of it: wasn't there a way to get out of juggle strings using a portion of the super moves' bar? Why didn't they use that in these fights?

TDLink

DAT wall bouncing: urgh! so lame.
I was hoping for shorter combo strings but this looks like the game is going to be a juggle-fest. Still Day-one but I was expecting for something more focused on timing and a good mix of defensive/offensive tactics. Looks like just another fighter geared towards aggressive tactics. Too bad.
Come to think of it: wasn't there a way to get out of juggle strings using a portion of the super moves' bar? Why didn't they use that in these fights?

These "fights" aren't actually real fights. They're made for internet marketing. That's why every single stage interaction, the stage transitions, and each character's super gets demonstrated. You really think all of those things are doing to happen in every single match? I think the actual gameplay videos we get from the exhibition this weekend will be more what you're looking for.

Possible spoilers
http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2013/02/07/injustcv5jpg-756d98.jpg[/url] Damian Wayne spotted on the cover of this Injustice issue

Really surprised about that, can't wait to know more about it soon. Also, seems like Flash is pulling a Spiderman ala Civil War?

Marz

Gameplay is going to be bad but who cares we finally get a DC fighting game I can't wait this is going to be amazing with friends.

Oh well there was that DC game on the SNES.

Platy

Not organized altogether but I suggest watching the latest trailer on Injustice.com.
It has Green Lantern in a Yellow Lantern outfit, Nightwing with long hair, Deathstroke without his helmet in a different outfit, Luthor in Black, a more Classic Batman for a split second and maybe a few more...I can't remember.

Also Gamestop has the Red Son soviet outfit for viewing for Superman, Wonder Woman, and Grundy and the Battle Edition stick has a picture of the NEW 52 outfits it comes with for Batman, Superman, and Wonderwoman. Those are all small though and not fullbody.

The Walmart Arkham Asylum costumes for Joker, Catwoman, and Batman haven't been revealed yet and as you likely saw the Arrow tv show alt for Green Arrow given away by the Voting at Injustice for the battle Arena is up and about alongside of the Bane alt in his prison clothes that was posted earlier here on Gaf.

Those are all I know of so far.

EDIT:

OKAY! Here are all the alts in order that I know of.

Bane
pCfuDrm.jpg

Green Arrow
JjWYzfz.jpg

Gamestop exclusive Red Son DLC for Superman, Wonder Woman, and Solomon Grundy
3oLHNnK.png

Gamestop exclusive Battle Edition NEW 52 for Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman
FVNmBEC.jpg

The Joker. Revealed from the toy line.
QllDG5K.jpg

Wonder Woman and Grundy (Revealed from the toy line. More of the WW alt from screens below...)
0hu6BVW.jpg

The Following all came from the teaser trailer that many didn't notice was actually an alt outfit teaser in addition to a story teaser.
Here are the outfits in order spotted.

Superman and Wonder Woman
DiyfAgj.jpg

The Flash (possibly not an alt and just a better angle of his main)
lAr5ygA.jpg

Lex Luthor and Harley Quinn
ShXEMOY.jpg

hUz4Ha8.jpg

qQh83UB.jpg

Batman (normal outfit has metal plating. This looks to be his classic cowl)
0N4TJPf.jpg

Green Lantern (Sinestro Corp)
bwlCrZM.jpg

GlSxqSF.jpg

Nightwing (long haired Bloodwing alt)
Crv6DEO.jpg

jPFhuKp.jpg

Deathstroke
Fnm06DQ.jpg

KoSAVmf.jpg

No Red Son batman or BTAS Harley ?

People are seriously missing