• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Not sure if Boon is actually teasing characters or just trolling for fun, but...

Oh god, I would kill for Animal Man. One of my favorite characters.

Khezu

Cyborg does kinda transform a little bit.

Looks a bit wonky and fake though.

His hands change during his intro, some of his normals change his fist into a battering ram, his nova blast changes his arm into a canon, his missiles turn his arm into a bigger canon, and things come out of his back, his arm changes into a giant clamp when he throws people, and also a grappling hook. His super also creates wires and shit off him, along with turning half his body into a canon.

That's probably the best were gonna get when it comes to transforming.

J-Tier

Cyborg does kinda transform a little bit.

Looks a bit wonky and fake though.

His hands change during his intro, some of his normals change his fist into a battering ram, his nova blast changes his arm into a canon, his missiles turn his arm into a bigger canon, and things come out of his back, his arm changes into a giant clamp when he throws people, and also a grappling hook. His super also creates wires and shit off him, along with turning half his body into a canon.

That's probably the best were gonna get when it comes to transforming.

Yeah, not impossible to do, but I'm sure it's preferable to work with animating a single model, versus one that's variable. I'd like to see them tackle it at some point, but I think giving preference to widening the roster would be the best at the moment.

TreIII

It's easier to deal with in 2D than 3D. 3D models move with a rig and a shell, and something constantly shifting would require "frame-by-frame" modeling--that or programming some kind of fluid action into it. Which means unrealistic time-wise for a single character.

Well, it's not impossible. Mr. Game & Watch (Smash Bros.) is an example of what kinds of complex morphing can be done in the scope of a 3D game. But not everybody has access to the kind of bank and/or programming wizardry necessary to make a character like that work, which is easily as much of a problem as any RAM limitations that may be in place.

J-Tier

Well, that's stupid and obvious--of me not to notice.

I think two Reese's left may mean two out of three of those characters.

I pretty damn well hope that's the case. Animal Man and Swamp Thing plz.

J-Tier

'Hey Geoff could you convince Ed Boon to put in Sinestro or Atrocitus?” Hmmm... @noobde - what do you think?'

'The chances of ONE of those 2 is pretty high. Maybe both? Can't say now. As if you dont know @geoffjohns ;)'

'Hey Geoff could you convince Ed Boon to put in Sinestro or Atrocitus?” Hmmm... @noobde - what do you think?'

'The chances of ONE of those 2 is pretty high. Maybe both? Can't say now. As if you dont know @geoffjohns ;)'

Yea just saw that. I think Sinestro has a higher chance.

Khezu

I really hope its Atrocitus.

Space hitler is pretty cool and all, but from a fighting game perspective, Atrocitus would add some nice variety.

With the number of hints given recently and the ration of characters left (to get at minimum MK9's size of roster, as per comments made previously) vs time until release, I'm hoping there's more in store than just one character reveal, especially if it's a reveal like Joker/GL where there's no footage.

And gameplay footage! Direct feed start to finish matches from people who know what they're doing! Not cut up into trailers! We should have all been asking them on twitter to put these out, right?

J-Tier

With the number of hints given recently and the ration of characters left (to get at minimum MK9's size of roster, as per comments made previously) vs time until release, I'm hoping there's more in store than just one character reveal, especially if it's a reveal like Joker/GL where there's no footage.

And gameplay footage! Direct feed start to finish matches from people who know what they're doing! Not cut up into trailers! We should have all been asking them on twitter to put these out, right?

I really wished that they released information consistently. Would be nice to have an active thread for this game.

Khezu

Still no Joker footage? What are these guys doing?

No joker or GL footage for awhile.

It looks like they only "revealed" them because marketing wanted the box art out for some reason, and those two just happened to be on the box. From what it sounded like from NYCC, they just started working on those two characters.

With the number of hints given recently and the ration of characters left (to get at minimum MK9's size of roster, as per comments made previously) vs time until release,

At the rate were going, a good 8 characters will be mysteries until the game comes out, which is weird since there not doing character unlocks this time.

Ugh please don't bring Geoff into this he's gonna push for all of his charecters and fill up the rooster preventing booster gold, captain atom, animal man, metamorpho, swamp thing, firestorm, blue beetle, and zatanna from getting in.

KalBalboa

Banned
Ugh please don't bring Geoff into this he's gonna push for all of his charecters and fill up the rooster preventing booster gold, captain atom, animal man, metamorpho, swamp thing, firestorm, blue beetle, and zatanna from getting in.

Doesn't Geoff love Booster? The guy penned that Smallville episode about him & Blue Beetle.

Chindogg

Geoff is super big into Booster Gold, Swamp Thing, and Blue Beetle. They all featured quite a bit in Brightest Day (which was up and down but still a big deal.)

Johns would probably push the hell out of those except Captain Atom.

shaowebb

Boon gave a hint about a week ago, "billy squier", so probably Deathstroke.

Yeah Billy Squier is definitely alluding to his song "The Stroke" . However, with Animal Man on his desk twice now in this tease maybe thats just in reference to why he needs the tissues that are next to his comic there. He's just that hype for Animal Man.

As we saw with the gl movie and the new 52 Geoff is first and foremost going to push one agenda, his. Lots of silver age fanfiction, unnecessary Retcons, and new charecters that are based off people in his life.

J-Tier

Deathstroke should've had the Slade voice from the teen titans animation. It's this wierd robotic voice. Not particularly fond of it.

Khezu

itZTkaoXHxfnQ.gif

Deathstroke looks weird, not sure what kind of character he will end up being. Trailer didn't really give a good impression of him overall, it showed 4 strings, a command normal, and 3 specials, he should have at least 3 more specials.

He doesn't seem super combo heavy, all the specials he used knock the opponent far away from him, the anti air machine gun, the pistol shots, and the sword flip. His projectile seems to have some high recovery so I'm not sure if he is really supposed to zone with it, its definitely not as good as Stryker or Harley.

Nothing he showed could really be his hero trait.

Wish they did character walk through's and went over every aspect of the character, and there are no real trade shows, so probably going to have wait until the game is out to actually get any good bearing any of the new characters.

shaowebb

There's a PC version listed at a retailer, but seeing as how it's a banned site apparently, I'm glad I didn't make a thread.

h0vOW.png

http://www.***********/pc/PCIN12-in...3_1354848316_29012ad5d36389775fa73878b203cfa4

It's shopto dot net (I'm not familiar with why they're asterisked on GAF, so definitely take it with a grain of salt until there's another source)

Heres hoping it means there is a steam version in the works. I love seeing outfit modders get ahold of fighters that come to PC. However, all the real competition will likely be PS3 with 360 in second. Why PS3? Because in my opinion they put out the most money into the tourney scene so a lot of guys on the serious scene seem to stick to PS3 for fighters. Of course game play can quickly swerve the crowd for a game if there is a difference in framerate or other stuff between consoles so the superior version (if one is clear) will likely be where the crowd follows.

Did MK9 play better on PS3 or 360?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's a PC version listed at a retailer, but seeing as how it's a banned site apparently, I'm glad I didn't make a thread.

h0vOW.png

http://www.***********/pc/PCIN12-in...3_1354848316_29012ad5d36389775fa73878b203cfa4

It's shopto dot net (I'm not familiar with why they're asterisked on GAF, so definitely take it with a grain of salt until there's another source)

It would be kind of weird to photoshop a box art when they're not using that as a standard template for PC releases judging by other listings on the site.

Looks like Lex Luthor and Bane confirmed now.

Yet another Batman villain. Hopefully this is the last one. You have all of DC with tons of interesting characters, yet you only use one comic for the majority of the cast.

Saddening.

That's probably the biggest disappointment I have with this game. There are so many interesting and unique characters in the DC Universe to choose from and most of them have been taken from the Batman franchise. :/ Oh well. I love Batman and his rouges gallery, so I'm still happy nonetheless. Still, it'd have been nice to see this game be less Batman and Friends and more representative of the DC Universe as a whole.

J-Tier

I'm torn. I love Bats 'n all, but the rest of DC needs more love. Oh well, still getting this game. Each announcement still makes me happy.

Not happy about another Bat character at all, but I sorta knew this was coming. Also didnt they reveal Joker and Green Lantern a while ago? How come they never released trailers for them? I'm real keen to see what Lantern is like.

Khezu

Bane is a waste of a slot.

Bruce Willis is pretty cool though.

Not happy about another Bat character at all, but I sorta knew this was coming. Also didnt they reveal Joker and Green Lantern a while ago? How come they never released trailers for them? I'm real keen to see what Lantern is like.

NRS doesn't really do a lot of pre release fan fair, at least that was the case for MK9, very few characters got a trailer for themselves.

TreIII

On one hand, I've loved Bane since the 90s. But on the other, it's yet another Batman character in a game where roster placement is limited...so torn.

Ah well. All I ask for is Atrocitus. I get him, and I pretty much won't care for what else they do.

J-Tier

Bane over Lobo? Screw this world! :(

I remember Boon hinting that characters that don't fit in their "storyline" are more likely to be DLC, and Lobo was one he specifically mentioned. He said that there have been a lot of fan requests for Lobo, so I don't doubt that we'll be getting him as DLC, and we WON'T be seeing him in the main roster.

JoshHood

Is there any word on whether this is coming to Vita (or not)? Seems to be a rite of passage of sorts for fighting games these days...

Khezu

This should be Lex's alt costume, but Green obviously.

Do it NRS, please?

Is there any word on whether this is coming to Vita (or not)? Seems to be a rite of passage of sorts for fighting games these days...

I don't think MK9 Vita sold very well, so probably not.

Top Bottom