• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

Elginer

Needs to look his enemy in the eye while he shit talks them.

Also, I assume he has a force field around it or something.

Yeah, he loves to shit talk. Also come on man, way too many damn Batman characters. Gimme Captain Marvel and Sinestro and if they feel like being crazy throw in some Doc Fate.

J-Tier

Yeah, he loves to shit talk. Also come on man, way too many damn Batman characters. Gimme Captain Marvel and Sinestro and if they feel like being crazy throw in some Doc Fate.

They really need a magic character. Fate would be great, we need some Impact Pa--we needs shiny magic stuff up in this game.

I remember Boon hinting that characters that don't fit in their "storyline" are more likely to be DLC, and Lobo was one he specifically mentioned. He said that there have been a lot of fan requests for Lobo, so I don't doubt that we'll be getting him as DLC, and we WON'T be seeing him in the main roster.

Didn't they hint about DLC for MK vs DC? That never came to light because I guess it didn't sell all that great? I wouldn't count on this game selling as well as MK, so as much as I'd love some more characters, I wouldn't hold my breath for any DLC.

sleepykyo

Heres hoping it means there is a steam version in the works. I love seeing outfit modders get ahold of fighters that come to PC. However, all the real competition will likely be PS3 with 360 in second. Why PS3? Because in my opinion they put out the most money into the tourney scene so a lot of guys on the serious scene seem to stick to PS3 for fighters. Of course game play can quickly swerve the crowd for a game if there is a difference in framerate or other stuff between consoles so the superior version (if one is clear) will likely be where the crowd follows.

Did MK9 play better on PS3 or 360?

360. Not to mention, the netcode is broken on the PS3.

Khezu

Didn't they hint about DLC for MK vs DC? That never came to light because I guess it didn't sell all that great? I wouldn't count on this game selling as well as MK, so as much as I'd love some more characters, I wouldn't hold my breath for any DLC.

MKvsDC sold really well.
They stopped with the DLC because Midway sorta died.

Boon has said they had Quan chi and Harley Quinn basically done but never released them.

I want to see Zatanna of Black Canary just to have more females. I personally want to see Sinestro, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel/Shazam (and/or Black Adam).

How many character slots are left?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can't get over how bad the boxart looks. Especially Joker's face. Seriously, what the fuck.

ReiGun

I just want Aquaman. That's all. Well, and Mera...and Power Girl...and Booster Gold.

But I will settle for just Aquaman.

Might as well call it Batman: Fighting game.

That would probably sell better.

Not sure if anyone knows this, but Batman is the only really successful thing DC has put out there that's been hit in the mainstream. Warner Bros published Arkham City, which sold super well.

Batman = Money

Black Canary = ????????

Beth Cyra

Just wish the game would launch already as the only character I would buy it for would at best be DLC, and even that is unlikely.

ReiGun

That would probably sell better.

Not sure if anyone knows this, but Batman is the only really successful thing DC has put out there that's been hit in the mainstream. Warner Bros published Arkham City, which sold super well.

Batman = Money

Black Canary = ????????

When WB/DC said they were making a DC Universe fighter, some of us expected there to be more of the DC universe. You can still put Batman and Joker on the cover, gets sales from that, and have the ingame roster show more DC Characters. One could argue that's also a smart move: exposing more of your brand to mainstream audiences can't hurt.

J-Tier

Queen Bee, Circe, Raven, Brainiac, Metallo, Amazo, Martian Manhunter...

So many characters who could be cool...

Well, Martian Manhunter would probably make it in...

With an announcement of yet another Batman character I'm kind of on the fence about buying the game at all now when before I was firmly in the day 1 camp. The slots are being filled and none of my DC favorites seem to be making the cut which is depressing. Hopefully this will change.

SykoTech

Batman & All-Stars: Fighting Gods

Seriously, too much Batman. I don't care if he's the most mainstream. Spider-Man is the most mainstream Marvel character, but that didn't make them load up the MvC games with Spidey characters. Well now, I guess the Avengers may be more popular, but the point still stands.

And if there had to be more Batman characters, it could have at least been one a bit more unique. Bane seems kinda redundant with Grundy already in.

tkscz

Batman & All-Stars: Fighting Gods

Seriously, too much Batman. I don't care if he's the most mainstream. Spider-Man is the most mainstream Marvel character, but that didn't make them load up the MvC games with Spidey characters. Well now, I guess the Avengers may be more popular, but the point still stands.

And if there had to be more Batman characters, it could have at least been one a bit more unique. Bane seems kinda redundant with Grundy already in.

Grundy start as a green lantern villain though. Still, Bane was a 90's villain and was made with the sole purpose of getting rid of Bruce Wayne, and replacing him with some 90's nut.

But I must agree, such a lack of DC characters is saddening. Wouldn't mind seeing Devastation (the Young Justice Muscle woman version, not that strange imp from the comics), Mirror Master, Hawkman, Wild Cat, Beast Boy, Metallo, Power Girl, or even Martian Man hunter.

There's a PC version listed at a retailer, but seeing as how it's a banned site apparently, I'm glad I didn't make a thread.

h0vOW.png

http://www.***********/pc/PCIN12-in...3_1354848316_29012ad5d36389775fa73878b203cfa4

It's shopto dot net (I'm not familiar with why they're asterisked on GAF, so definitely take it with a grain of salt until there's another source)

I remember NHL 2K10 had box art for a PC version but later it was called a mistake. At some point they were obviously thinking about doing it based on what I heard from people working at 2K.

Marz

Don't know why everybody keeps whining about the roster, every roster choice has pretty much been logical. There will obviously be DLC and sequel(s), so everyone just chill.

What's worth whining over is that DC didn't give this project to a developer that actually knows how to animate and design fighting games, that's the real travesty.

green-lantern.jpg

Green Lantern doesn't look like this in the game.

I think these concept arts (which have been floating around for a while) aren't for Injustice.

SykoTech

Grundy start as a green lantern villain though. Still, Bane was a 90's villain and was made with the sole purpose of getting rid of Bruce Wayne, and replacing him with some 90's nut.

But I must agree, such a lack of DC characters is saddening. Wouldn't mind seeing Devastation (the Young Justice Muscle woman version, not that strange imp from the comics), Mirror Master, Hawkman, Wild Cat, Beast Boy, Metallo, Power Girl, or even Martian Man hunter.

Wasn't trying to say Grundy was a Batman character, just that I wish they would have at least chosen one that didn't have a theoretically similar build and fighting style to a character that's already in. Sorry, should have worded that better.

And yes, need more "low tier". Would be quite pleased to see someone like Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, or Static Shock. Power Girl too, but I think she may actually be in given one of the teases.

Khezu

this!! We know how big the Batman brand is right now but still too many characters from it. Where are the Flash villains?

Captain Cold is 90% in, unless he was fighting Killer Frost in the intro.

Those concept arts have nothing to do with Injustice, they were made by an artist from Rocksteady.

J-Tier

Captain Cold is 90% in, unless he was fighting Killer Frost in the intro.

Those concept arts have nothing to do with Injustice, they were made by an artist from Rocksteady.

Yeah, it's probably Captain Cold. I was holding out on the possibility of it being Bizarro's ice beams, but that wouldn't make sense from the way the icicles look in the trailer.

shaowebb

Im still holding out hope that Doomsday make it in as well so that both of the Big Bad killers of the Worlds Finest from the 90's make it in. Doomsday is to 90's Superman what Bane was to 90's Batman.

I am just curious, Did this backlash exist with MvC3 when like 40% of the marvel characters were from xmen? Or did that get a pass because it had a huge roster?

J-Tier

I am just curious, Did this backlash exist with MvC3 when 40% of the marvel characters were from xmen? Or did that get a pass because it had a huge roster?

MVC3 was a splintered fanbase, people brought up complaints about basically "too much" anything. There was a too much avengers, too much x-men, too little x-men, it was a mess in the early phases.

Khezu

Im still holding out hope that Doomsday make it in as well so that both of the Big Bad killers of the Worlds Finest from the 90's make it in. Doomsday is to 90's Superman what Bane was to 90's Batman.

He is in one of the stages, but that probably means he will be an unplayable boss.

I am just curious, Did this backlash exist with MvC3 when 40% of the marvel characters were from xmen? Or did that get a pass because it had a huge roster?

Huge fucking roster.

I was more pissed when Marvel vs Street fighter had 5 shotos in it.

Top Bottom