• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice is free to download from Xbox Live with a Costa Rica account

No, he made another account on the website, chose Costa Rica as the region and when trying to download it he's getting errors.

Now he says he can't even create new accounts, haha.

Your friend is doing something wrong I followed the instructions above and it worked without issues. Just make sure he sets his age on outlook.com to something above 18 or he won't be allowed to create an xbox live account.

all right, thanks for all the responses.

another question: if i delete the profile that i used to dl the game, will i lose access to the game as well? i've had a 360 for like 5 years but only ever used one main profile so i don't know all the inter-account intricacies.

Yes, you will lose access to the game I believe.

AlexBasch

Just gave him that instruction's post, he's trying to do it in another Xbox, but thought of throwing that out in case it was getting fixed. :p

EDIT: Yeah, his Xbox was the issue, downloading now!

1. On your computer make a new Windows Live account with Costa Rica as your region (an Outlook address is easiest).

2. On your Xbox make a new profile, again with Costa Rica as your region.

3. Use the Outlook address when you have to enter an email.

4. Go to the tab that lets you press Y to search.

5. Search for Injustice. The first thing on the list should be the full game. Click download and make sure the file size is 7.8 gigs or thereabouts.

6. On your computer go to the Xbox account migration page. Sign in with the email address you created in step 1 and change your region to United States. (I'm not sure if you should change it to your true region if you don't live in the US.)

7. Signing in to the account migration page probably booted you out of your Xbox profile, so go back to your Xbox and sign in again. You should see the US storefront and the game should still be in your download queue.

This is exactly what I did. If there was a simpler way, oh well. It worked.
Wanted to say thanks..so thanks!

jediyoshi

1. On your computer make a new Windows Live account with Costa Rica as your region (an Outlook address is easiest).

5. Search for Injustice. The first thing on the list should be the full game. Click download and make sure the file size is 7.8 gigs or thereabouts.

6. On your computer go to the Xbox account migration page. Sign in with the email address you created in step 1 and change your region to United States. (I'm not sure if you should change it to your true region if you don't live in the US.)

7. Signing in to the account migration page probably booted you out of your Xbox profile, so go back to your Xbox and sign in again. You should see the US storefront and the game should still be in your download queue.

Notes: If you do Slovakia, the download will just immediately be to an english verison

Make sure to set up a security question or alt email during account creation as it'll ask for it during account migration

Yes, you will lose access to the game I believe.

Not true.

all right, thanks for all the responses.

another question: if i delete the profile that i used to dl the game, will i lose access to the game as well? i've had a 360 for like 5 years but only ever used one main profile so i don't know all the inter-account intricacies.

The digital rights to the game are on whatever console it is ORIGINALLY downloaded on, as well as attached to the gamertag that downloaded it. So if you delete the tag that downloaded it you should still be able to play it so long as you don't switch xboxes. For instance before I started keeping my tag on both of my 360s, I would download an arcade title on my main, then migrate my tag to my other 360 and download it there. I would play it on the 2nd 360 with my main tag while my wife played it on the first 360 with her tag even though my tag wasn't on the console at the time.

I have done this as recently as Magic the Gathering 2014 this summer, although I didn't actually DELETE my tag from my main console, but it was not logged in while my wife was playing, so I believe it still works.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
downloading now 20% its gonna be my first time playing this :) see this should of been free for gold members not that magic one :/

jediyoshi

Help please, upon going to my settings on the console I cannot see Costa Rica in the list. am i looking in the wrong place?

You want to be making an entirely new windows live account through a browser and you'll be specifying region through that

Then when you're making a new xbox profile on your 360, you're given the option to log into that account

Not true.

The digital rights to the game are on whatever console it is ORIGINALLY downloaded on, as well as attached to the gamertag that downloaded it. So if you delete the tag that downloaded it you should still be able to play it so long as you don't switch xboxes. For instance before I started keeping my tag on both of my 360s, I would download an arcade title on my main, then migrate my tag to my other 360 and download it there. I would play it on the 2nd 360 with my main tag while my wife played it on the first 360 with her tag even though my tag wasn't on the console at the time.

I have done this as recently as Magic the Gathering 2014 this summer, although I didn't actually DELETE my tag from my main console, but it was not logged in while my wife was playing, so I believe it still works.

How would redownloading it work though outside of retrieving the account? I imagine he's only asking that in the sense that he could completely forget about the account for good.

richi_one

I'm downloading it now, then I'll delete the account and try to start the game from my main account. I'll retrieve the other one if it fails.

You want to be making an entirely new windows live account through a browser and you'll be specifying region through that

Then when you're making a new xbox profile on your 360, you're given the option to log into that account

How would redownloading it work though outside of retrieving the account? I imagine he's only asking that in the sense that he could completely forget about the account for good.

He's not asking about redownloading it. I used my redownloading it onto a second 360 as an example.

If I download a game on my main 360 (Reach edition slim), everyone has access to it on that console even if my gamertag is not on the console.

If I re-download that game on another 360 (my Halo 4 slim), no one can access it on that console unless my gamertag is logged in. However, I can simply sign my gamertag in on the Halo 4 console on a 2nd controller while controller 1 accesses and plays the game with a different gamertag too.

My point is even if he deletes the tag after downloading it and forgets about the tag, he should be fine and dandy so long as he never switches consoles, because all tags on the original console used to download the game will have access to it indefinitely.

If he were to switch consoles though, he would need to recover his 'fake' tag onto the new console and migrate the license for the game via license transfer (account settings). I don't think he is doing that.

jediyoshi

He's not asking about redownloading it. I used my redownloading it onto a second 360 as an example.

If I download a game on my main 360 (Reach edition slim), everyone has access to it on that console even if my gamertag is not on the console.

If I re-download that game on another 360 (my Halo 4 slim), no one can access it on that console unless my gamertag is logged in. However, I can simply sign my gamertag in on the Halo 4 console on a 2nd controller while controller 1 accesses and plays the game with a different gamertag too.

My point is even if he deletes the tag after downloading it and forgets about the tag, he should be fine and dandy so long as he never switches consoles, because all tags on the original console used to download the game will have access to it indefinitely.

If he were to switch consoles though, he would need to recover his 'fake' tag onto the new console and migrate the license for the game via license transfer (account settings). I don't think he is doing that.

How is being locked out of a game if the account and content isn't there not effectively losing access to it? If he doesn't care about the account enough to the extent of considering deleting it, it stands to reason he'd rather not have to worry about having to come back to the account again in the future. Account DRM is irrelevant if for some reason down the line the actual content itself disappears or he switches consoles, it's not like the licenses consolidate themselves to other accounts once the one tied to the actual purchase disappears. There being DRM that ties itself to the actual box doesn't make up for the lack of a fail safe if the content disappears.

Natiko

Banned

Thank you for this, worked like a charm.

sakipon

How is being locked out of a game if the account and content isn't there not effectively losing access to it? If he doesn't care about the account enough to the extent of considering deleting it, it stands to reason he'd rather not have to worry about having to come back to the account again in the future. Account DRM is irrelevant if for some reason down the line the actual content itself disappears or he switches consoles, it's not like the licenses consolidate themselves to other accounts once the one tied to the actual purchase disappears. There being DRM that ties itself to the actual box doesn't make up for the lack of a fail safe if the content disappears.

Why worry so much for a game that you didn't even pay for..?

Thanks to this thread I know I can delete that useless extra account from my sign in screen. I'll play the game on my main account and if I ever lose it, I'll either deal with it or go buy a copy if it was that great.

How do I change my region when creating a new profile on my Xbox? It just creates an avatar when I make a new profile.

EDIT: I had to sign up for XBL on the new account. Downloading now; thanks for the heads up guys!

Cels

i'm just wondering, i only have one 360 and i don't plan on hopping around to different ones. it's not a big deal, i can just leave the profiles on there and keep my main profile on auto-signin, and that way i'll never bother with the extra profile.

i've done a lot of gamesharing on PS3 back when it was 5 ps3s to one account. if you deleted that account from your system then you couldn't run whatever games were downloaded through that PSN account, so i was wondering if that was true for xbox profiles.

The point was never about having to "worry" about the dummy tag later on down the line if he ever changes Xboxes. He only asked if he could delete it off of his current Xbox and still access the game, which I answered because he can. If he ever switches Xboxes and really wants to keep access to the game he would either fuss with recovering the dummy tag to that Xbox, re downloading it, transferring the licenses, and deleting the tag, or he would go get a used copy cheap. As of right now, this moment, the only concern was whether he could delete the tag from his main box after downloading and still play the game, which he can. He's not losing access to it if the account isn't there on the original console, which was the whole point.

Why try to argue about such a simple question and answer? It really wasn't a big deal.

Gong

Must've cottoned onto the fact it's showing as free, keep on getting a 80153003 error when I try to download it.

It's a true injustice for boon's team.

Well, i was just waitijng for the Komplete Edition to buy this. Now, I might just buy the DLC :p.

Can I buy the DLC with my main account and use it with the game from another account? I'd guess so, but of course I want confirmation before spending my money.

Well, i was just waitijng for the Komplete Edition to buy this. Now, I might just buy the DLC :p.

Can I buy the DLC with my main account and use it with the game from another account? I'd guess so, but of course I want confirmation before spending my money.

See my above post about the user deleting the tag that downloads the game. It's not going to make a difference to the game which tag downloaded the DLC. The only time you're going to run into any issues at all is if you switch Xboxes. But in short: yes the DLC will work if you download it using your main tag and download the game with the dummy tag.

This is of course assuming the download for the game still works since someone above said it wasn't working anymore.

j.rob

Yes. Im downloading it now. I had to use the slovakia account, Costa Rica doesn't seem to work anymore.

Sec0nd

Make sure you transfer to you actual region. A friend of mine used another region with the whole AC3 thing and wasn't able to download it.

Edit: Currently downloading, thanks OP. Mexican download has been removed but the Slovenia download works.

See my above post about the user deleting the tag that downloads the game. It's not going to make a difference to the game which tag downloaded the DLC. The only time you're going to run into any issues at all is if you switch Xboxes. But in short: yes the DLC will work if you download it using your main tag and download the game with the dummy tag.

This is of course assuming the download for the game still works since someone above said it wasn't working anymore.

Yeah, I saw your post, sorry, I just wanted to make sure.

And I downloading the game already, I just hope it finishes before MS finds a way to stop it.

Storm360

Works if you use Peru as your region

EDIT: False alarm, saw it on twitter and worked for me, not working for others though

Top Bottom