• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice is free to download from Xbox Live with a Costa Rica account

Albo

Strange. Would've been antniobanderas.jif if it was free in the dominican republic (Ed Boon's Nationality)
though I love Boon and the NRS guys

Bullza2o

Made a Costa Rican account, and no option to download.
Migrated said account to Slovakia, had download option but got error.
Made a Peruvian account, got error as well.

I can't believe I woke up too late for this.

My download is at 50% in .cr.
Could anyone complete the download ?
Any chance on MS taking actions against people who made the download ? I know they shouldn't but not sure if they won't.

Sec0nd

My download is at 50% in .cr.
Could anyone complete the download ?
Any chance on MS taking actions against people who made the download ? I know they shouldn't but not sure if they won't.

They didn't with the AC3 mistake and the other games before that one.

Downloaded while I was sleeping and just did the license transfer.

Appears to be in English now too. :D

Shame I have to go to work but I'll play it when I get home.

i have an account i got assassins creed 3 for free like this on, i'd gladly trade it for an injustice account if anyone would rather have that game just pm me

chri5t

Just tried to do this with both a Costa Rican and Slovakian account.

When I try to download the game, it's asking for payment option methods. Looks like I missed it!

So I downloaded Ikaruga using a new costa rica account. I logged out and back into my main usual XBLA account and it isn't there. I don't believe it's possible to use your main XBOX account with these downloaded games using other accounts, so be wary if you give a crap about that sort of thing.

Yes since it was downloaded on the same console as your main account.

I have to question this, surely this isn't correct? If a friend signed in on my XBOX and downloaded a game for instance, there's no way that after he's gone home that I could sign in as me again and play what he's just bought..? I'd love to be proved wrong here.

EDIT: My apologies, I was proved wrong (as usual) and is now working fine, haha.

Just tried to do this with both a Costa Rican and Slovakian account.

When I try to download the game, it's asking for payment option methods. Looks like I missed it!

Are you doing it from the Xbox Dashboard on the console? Don't do it from xbox.com

Xbox.com asks for payment, through the console it shouldn't.

I have to question this, surely this isn't correct? If a friend signed in on my XBOX and downloaded a game for instance, there's no way that after he's gone home that I could sign in as me again and play what he's just bought..? I'd love to be proved wrong here.

If he bought that game using your console, then yes.
If he bought it on his console and just downloaded again on your console, then No.

If he bought that game using your console, then yes.
If he bought it on his console and just downloaded again on your console, then No.

Hmm well I bought the game on a Costa Rica account, logged in as my normal account on the SAME console and it's not there so not sure what's going on there.

Are you doing it from the Xbox Dashboard on the console? Don't do it from xbox.com

Xbox.com asks for payment, through the console it shouldn't.
Injustice has apparently been over for hours. I tried searching the CR Xbox store and there's definitely a price there now.

Ikaruga still works though.

Hold my hands up here, my mistake totally. I had to verify the account with another email address, some how i missed that?! Haha.

Ikaruga works fine, think I missed the boat with Injustice though unfortunetly.

grabbed everything there just cause i hoard. grabbed injustice in time and all the moroccan account games work if you follow the workaround. was interested in flashback and dungeon fighter since i used to play the mmo and was a big shot there with some high level pinks (halgi bone ring).

unfortunately every single game that's free in morocco right now has really bad reviews. might want to check the xbla thread before playing them to see if it's worth your time

Cels

grabbed everything there just cause i hoard. grabbed injustice in time and all the moroccan account games work if you follow the workaround. was interested in flashback and dungeon fighter since i used to play the mmo and was a big shot there with some high level pinks (halgi bone ring).

unfortunately every single game that's free in morocco right now has really bad reviews. might want to check the xbla thread before playing them to see if it's worth your time

capsized is all right, probably the best game in that list.
dragon's lair and sonic adventure are mediocre but if people haven't played them they are definitely worth checking out for the historical factor.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone get an error trying to use a Morocco account? It says I can't do it because my console is in the wrong region.

Figured it out - the trick is to search for the games after you select the game info of one of your own games.

Silky

Banned
Anyone want to give a step by step for the Moroccan trick

From CAG

1.) Go to Outlook.com and create an email. Use whatever details you want (and a backup email just in case to send data too), then select Morocco as your region on there. I just used Postal Code 80 000.

2.) Go to Xbox.com and select Sign In to go to account creation. Again scroll to find Morocco and accept.

3.) Go to your Xbox 360 Console and Download Profile using your login details. After it downloads, you'll notice that the dashboard is hella different than other regions. Every screen has this error message regarding the region, THUS the need for a WORKAROUND.

Here's the workaround to get to these games.

1.) Select "Recent", then hit "x.png" at on any game for the "Game Details".
2.) Now, hit "y.png" and search for the game you wish to download.
3.) Once you've found it, it will be in English saying "Free Download". I just did this for "Flashback", that new game that just came out!
4.) After it's added to your que, either finish downloading or back out and you'll be at the game's page. Simply hit "y.png" again to begin a search for the next game!

List of Games

Unbound Saga
Dungeon Fighters LIVE: Fall of Hendon Myre
Capsized
Mars: War Logs
Flashback
Dragons Lair
Sonic Adventure
Bloodforge
Diabolical Pitch

Grabbed Dungeon Fighters, Capsized, War Logs, and Bloodforge. c: And some Injustice DLC

Well, they (MSFT*BILLING, so I presume it's Microsoft) charged me 7,20 euros (8*0,90 euros - actually 8*10 Moroccan Dirham) for some reason. So, it wasn't actually "free" for me. Karma is a...

JdFoX187

Banned
When downloading these, do we have to stay signed into the Moroccan profiles, or can we go back to our regular profiles?

muzzymate

Picked up Unbound Saga, Dungeon Fighters, Capsized, Mars War Log, Flashback, Dragons Lair, Sonic Adventure, Bloodforge, Diabolical Pitch, and Injustice all for free today thanks to NeoGAF. Thanks y'all! Not bad for a few minutes work.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Unbound Saga, Dungeon Fighters, Capsized, Mars War Log, Flashback, Dragons Lair, Sonic Adventure, Bloodforge, Diabolical Pitch, and Injustice all for free today thanks to NeoGAF. Thanks y'all! Not bad for a few minutes work.

You forgot Ikaruga! ;)

Top Bottom