• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside RDR onlines most disciplined clan

cormack12

Gold Member
This shit is INSANE and awesome.

Journalist was invited into the RP RDR2O clan. Just an insight into certain things they do to keep the role playing alive (RP)

Post guards at events - your job is to look at minimap and detect hostiles
1 member was kicked out for playing AC on guard duty while idling in game
Only 1 in 100 applicants successful
They get 1000 applications a year
There is an Interview process - These have been called personality trials
Usually a 3 month initiation, can be executed at ceremonies for not being active/achieving anything
High number of vets and ex-military
Jobs assigned (hunting, oil and tonic creations, herb gathering, combat) for the good of the clan
You will have a horse assigned
You will be given a position in a riding pattern, 2 x 2
80 members total out of 8000 applicants
Organised charity events etc.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
god this sounds like an amazing watch. Giving it a go now.

wow now i wanna start a cult in a video game

Last edited:
Just got a flashback from my FF XIV days where you had to go through these interviews and trials to get into FCs and statics and basically organize your day around raids, be always on demand etc. Horrible thing to get sucked into.

No, seriously, step outside guys, it is fucking video game.

Last edited:

Bluecondor

Just got a flashback from my FF XIV days where you had to go through these interviews and trials to get into FCs and statics and basically organize your day around raids, be always on demand etc. Horrible thing to get sucked into.

I get that people want to play games with others who are serious and committed. Otherwise, you can easily end up wasting your time in online games playing with "randoms" who do not put in enough time and effort to build their characters and learn how the play the game properly. This can lead you to waste a lot time trying the most challenging content in online games.

This said - your point above really rings true about being in a group like this that essentially expects/requires its members to organize their real life days around raids and to always be on demand to play. There needs to be a balance between being a good teammate and playing seriously versus an unrealistic expectation that a person spend hours upon hours playing just to keep up - and that the game should take precedence over real life responsibilities.

I watched about five minutes of the video, and this clan is really asking a lot of its members. Being in this clan would have to seriously be one of your real life priorities. If people enjoy this, so be it. It's not for me though.

Paasei

Sounds like this is their job from the description alone. Will give it a watch, just as I can enjoy some GTA RP streams. Would never play that way myself.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Love this shit. Reminds me of some the EVE Online stories we used to hear about.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
god this sounds like an amazing watch. Giving it a go now.

wow now i wanna start a cult in a video game
Have done it before
10/10 would recommend doing it

Bonus points if you're a GM on a private server for a game

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
This is journalism, which is worth the fuck, I know that youtube by his critiques, one of people I sucribed to.

This sounds really sick. Honestly how the multiplayer should play on it's own. And there shouldn't be such bright colors and face paint. Why can't you just be a simple rancher or farmer? Makes no sense. I dont really like the fact that they have turned down so many people though. But what ever.

Bluecondor

Just watching this video - this gang has to be a lightning rod for trolls online, especially now that they get all of this attention for being "Red Dead's Toughest Clan".

And, perhaps I am immature, but after just watching the five opening minutes of the video, I will honestly admit that I would enjoy watching videos of some of these dudes getting trolled - like the elite leader guy who berates the one recruit for not helping other recruits and then shoots him dead in the head. I would love to see a video of that elite leader getting hogtied by a troll and then dragged around Saint Denis from the back of a horse.

Or - are the Reaper Lords so "hardcore" and "tough" that they can't be trolled?

Fake

This sounds about as far removed from 'fun' as you can get.
146236929214-400x330.jpg

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Imagine getting off from your shitty work day, going home, having dinner etc. Then you login onto your PS4 for a well earned gaming session to finish the day, you boot up RDR2 and you are on guard duty, just standing there and looking at the minimap, unmoving, giving it 100% of your attention. For hours.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Spokker

Doesn't seem that great when there's only 32 players to a server. A bunch of them ride into town and there's, what, like 2 random people there to see it? It would make more sense in an MMO.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And I thought playing old Call of Duty games with buddies that it was pain enough for everyone to wait in the lobby for 5 minutes for one guy to finish his match so we could all party up.

Yet we actually got clans where guys are pigeon holed as guards and herb hunters. lol

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why all the hate? Some people find role playing fun.
I would say if the actual game supported and made you feel that you actually need to have organize group to survive then I can see how it can be fun but if it’s not then there is no real point to it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Doesn't seem that great when there's only 32 players to a server. A bunch of them ride into town and there's, what, like 2 random people there to see it? It would make more sense in an MMO.
I've never done RDR online. In fact, I barely played the SP in both games.

But online is capped at 32 players per server? So this RDR clan might hog the slots, so they are basically guarding themselves against AI bandits and not MP gamers?

lol

JonnyMP3

I understand farming in MMOs like Gold Farmers do in World of Warcraft... But this?
And 1000 applicants a year? What's wrong with the World?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I understand farming in MMOs like Gold Farmers do in World of Warcraft... But this?
And 1000 applicants a year? What's wrong with the World?
Who knows.

Whenever I skim Linkedin for jobs and see one I like, the most applicants I've ever seen is maybe 400.

Who knew a cowboy clan could get 1,000s per YEAR.

Hinedorf

Banned
One mans discipline is another mans masochism. To be fair the most significant thing to do in RDO would be to role play, if you're not making up the content you're probably grinding or trying to avoid dying while grinding or killing others while grinding.

Droxcy

But for them it is fun, not everyone finds the same things enjoyable. I can't say i'd enjoy doing that but they obviously do, same way the things you might enjoy someone could say the same.

Exactly everyone has their own thing they enjoy...I enjoy playing simulators when I have downtime like Euro Truck & Flight Sim. Yet my other buddies would just rather frag out on Call of Duty all night long, putting down what others see as fun is such a waste of time and life.

zombrex

This is just a power tripping pyramid scheme.
The applicants don't even sound like they want to be there when answering the questions.
Then the way they arbitrarily execute them for not answering the questions in a manner deemed correct is hilarious. No doubt those running the show get a kick out of it. Imagine working for months grinding pointless tasks and building your way up in the clan just be unceremoniously executed. Too funny.

Top Bottom