• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside the Wii............aka the void ( wii disassembled)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
God damn, imagine if this thing was cartridge based?!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
yhst-8336782827841_1921_474628

Mmmkay

banKai said:
um... im not really into all those hardware things etc.. but is it possible?
It was just a reference to what Nintendo actually did with the GameCube. Sadly that setting wasn't present on European GC's. :(

Terrell

Gahiggidy said:
See, I see the RAM there... it has "MoSys" plastered all over it. This is still puzzling me ever so. Could someone circle where the RAM is on the Wii board, since I've apparently lost my brain?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BlindN-Fan said:
Well there goes the pikmin rumour.

It's not a theory! They cleaned out the pikmin before taking pictures

Mmmkay

Terrell said:
See, I see the RAM there... it has "MoSys" plastered all over it. This is still puzzling me ever so. Could someone circle where the RAM is on the Wii board, since I've apparently lost my brain?
This is memory:
wiimem.jpg

I don't know if it's the NAND Flash or 1T-SRAM though. One of them may possibly be on the underside of the board, I'd guess the Flash memory. Also bear in mind that the other 24MB of 1T-SRAM is under Hollywood's heatspreader.

Mmmkay said:
It was just a reference to what Nintendo actually did with the GameCube. Sadly that setting wasn't present on European GC's. :(
What! I never knew that :lol

Damn, see this is why importing to the uk is the best thing ever.

Hyoushi

Diablohead said:
What! I never knew that :lol

Damn, see this is why importing to the uk is the best thing ever.
Yeah, Nintendo has a history of easy NTSC mods. For SNES and N64 it was simply a physical obstruction, on the US snes you can remove two plastic bits next to the cart ports and you can play japanese Sufami games.

wsippel

Banned
Terrell said:
Uhhh... am I going blind? I don't see where the RAM is. Weren't a whole bunch of people trumpetting some form of DDR RAM in this thing? Cuz I don't see it.
The small black chip next to the GPU and CPU should be the RAM chip. The Macronix chip in the front is probably the Flash.

Diablos

Angelcurio said:
yhst-8336782827841_1921_474628

This smells like a future portable.
If Nintendo can shrink that down to handheld size and get it out within the next couple of years, the war in that market might as well be considered over.

GC quality visuals on a handheld would no doubt be amazing.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Diablos said:
If Nintendo can shrink that down to handheld size and get it out within the next couple of years, the war in that market might as well be considered over.

GC quality visuals on a handheld would no doubt be amazing.
Did I get stuck in a parallel dimension where the PSP never existed?

The war in the handheld market is over because nintendo offered something that specifically isn't a shrunk down version of the above.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Slurpy said:
Wow, the frikkin GC controller ports+mem card slots take up like half the internals.
Yeah, it's a beautiful design. (If you're talking about the gamecube one)

Top Bottom