• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intelligent System is getting into figure production business

Vex_

Banned
Wish it didn't have that large pedestal so it'd level with my Tharja tho.

<.<
>.>

....*sigh* I guess I'll take this one guys.

image.php

I found that Nintendo had held a character popularity survey for Fate. Here are the top three. Would this result indicates the future release of figures?

You can find the rest here: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/if_bk/questionary/index.html

k I used some weak Google-fu and you can't preorder yet? I need this Camilla figure in me

Yeah, I checked amiami. The pre-order is not yet up.

Are you sure this isn't like the Aniplex stuff where even thought the figures are branded and distributed by Aniplex, they are actually manufactured by someone else (Stronger in Aniplex's case)

It can be, but there is not enough information supporting this claim. For now, it is branded Intelligent Systems.

Rodin

Holy shit that Camilla. Bought.

Looking at that popularity chart, i'd instantly buy female Corrin, Xander and Leo as well.
also Ryoma, Felicia, Odin, Ophelia, Elise, Azura and Jakob. Gimme all of them!

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Never bought a figure, and never thought I'd want one, but Intelligent Systems is sort of pulling me in with Camilla. I mean, wow. I won't get it, but I'm jealous of you guys that will.

Sölf

I married her in my Nohr run. So that basically means I need to buy her. But I have no money. And I still don't own Tharja.

Help.

Edit:
Also possibility for an Oboro figure? Send more help. Fuck.

Draxal

Are you sure this isn't like the Aniplex stuff where even thought the figures are branded and distributed by Aniplex, they are actually manufactured by someone else (Stronger in Aniplex's case)

Pretty sure it's going to be something like this.

Clov

This would make the most sense to me.

How is an Intelligent System's survey on Nintendo's website? IS doesn't even own Fire Emblem trademark without Nintendo.

You are right. It is a survey by Nintendo. But I believe it can still hint how IS is going to response to the popularity of different characters.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why can't we have figures of actual substantial characters like Xander instead of this pandering waifu bullshit?

ohlawd

God forbid people are upset that the game's targeted audience was people with moe avatars.
went straight for the avatar. classy

the game plays fantastic. taking away its themes and whatever stuff people don't like aren't going to change that fact

Clov

Because pandering to Husbando shit is not much different with Waifu shit except getting less money. Waifu is just better economically at almost all front lol.

Don't underestimate the bishounen market! It may be smaller than the typical audience for bishoujo figures, but ignoring it is leaving money on the table. Look at the success of anime like Free and Osomatsu-san, for example. There's plenty of merchandise for both of those series (especially Osomatsu). I wouldn't be surprised to see a figure of Leo or Xander pop up sooner or later.
I'd be pretty tempted to buy one of Leo, actually.

Why can't we have figures of actual substantial characters like Xander instead of this pandering waifu bullshit?

Figures for male characters are still the minority in Japanese figure market. Based on anecdotal evidence, the number is rising in recent years, but the market share is still not be compared with figures for female characters.

And you know what? Male figures are also pandering to female audience. It's just not as prevalent as "waifu" (whatever it means) stuff in the market.

Don't underestimate the bishounen market! It may be smaller than the typical audience for bishoujo figures, but ignoring it is leaving money on the table. Look at the success of anime like Free and Osomatsu-san, for example. There's plenty of merchandise for both of those series (especially Osomatsu). I wouldn't be surprised to see a figure of Leo or Xander pop up sooner or later.

Exactly. Even Native is joining the bandwagon. lol

NeonZ

How is an Intelligent System's survey on Nintendo's website? IS doesn't even own Fire Emblem trademark without Nintendo.

I think that section of the site is mostly taken care of by IS. Look at the main page of the fire emblem section, there's only an IS copyright listed at the bottom.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/index.html

Either way, that popularity poll is basically the "official" one for IS - its results were already used for the 2 festival DLC maps and 2 3ds themes.

casiopao

Lol, i am not underestimating them here. I just kinda get triggered by Sol there lol. I mean, Waifu market is simply much bigger vs Husbando market. But if Inteli is able to pander to both market why not? After all, it is free money lol.

(I also own some Otome/full on bishie game so i know that market lol.^_^ Koei, give me Geten no Hana Nobunaga and Kikyou figure plizzzz.T_T)

went straight for the avatar. classy

the game plays fantastic. taking away its themes and whatever stuff people don't like aren't going to change that fact
I don't doubt the game is objectively great from a gameplay perspective, I was disappointed that it wasn't more FE-ish but I got over it. I'm not going to get over its setting though.

Clov

Is Intelligent Systems a full subsidiary of Nintendo or one of those weird second party relationships?

I'm not exactly sure, but didn't they used to work in the same building as Nintendo SPD? They're incredibly close.

casiopao

Is Intelligent Systems a full subsidiary of Nintendo or one of those weird second party relationships?

Second Party if i am not mistaken but they sure as damn close to Ninty as they had their office in Nintendo building lol.

Edit: Dammit Clov. T_T

AntMurda

Second Party if i am not mistaken but they sure as damn close to Ninty as they had their office in Nintendo building lol.

Edit: Dammit Clov. T_T

Nintendo and IS have a long standing contract not made public. This includes development tool creation and game development cooperation. IS can't go anywhere since Nintendo owns FE and Advance Wars and Panel De Pon.

casiopao

Nintendo and IS have a long standing contract not made public. This includes development tool creation and game development cooperation. IS can't go anywhere since Nintendo owns FE and Advance Wars and Panel De Pon.

Only one of those three is worth mentioning lol.^_^

Quonny

Unknown QC. Too scary to drop $150+ on something with so many unknowns.

As someone who's been in this hobby a long time I will warn people about blindly preordering something without knowing who their partner distributors and co-manufacturers are.

Top Bottom