• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interesting article on rising game prices (from MTV?)

Remedy

Banned
the market will dictate what price games go for, usually what reaps the most money. Sony playstation pushed prices down because it expaned the market. A company would rather sell a 100 copies of game A at £30, then 50 at £40.

An argument i would also like to add, is when games do exceptionally well we dont see companies reducing game prices to offset increased profits!!!

jamesb23

Judging by Cliffy B's comments and the fact that Mark Rein has repeatedly called raising prices bullshit, I doubt that Gears of War would be $60. Also, isn't GoW being published by MS, which would mean it would have to be $50?

Remedy

Banned
greatest hits?

what i mean is when a big game is released that is known to sell a shit load, say the next metal gear or the ones before hand, konami wont launch it for £20, it will set a price that will grant the highest profits. most if not all companies will do this, so for any company to say prices need to rise and especially EA, its not to cover costs but to maintain high profits.

Top Bottom