• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

besiktas1

Nope, VPN method definietly not working for me any more.
Tried Brasil for cubot becuase it's only 70p as a test.

Not working. Says I need to use a different form of payment...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Nope, VPN method definietly not working for me any more.
Tried Brasil for cubot becuase it's only 70p as a test.

Not working. Says I need to use a different form of payment...

Contact your bank they may have blocked the card from foreign transactions

Barclays have randomly done that to me

besiktas1

Just called the bank, they said the block is not on their end. They see 70p has been pulled but is inwaiting or something. Likely to be returned within 7 days to me...

It seems the people who have been unable to buy things from other countries have contacted Microsoft to ask them what's the problem.

"Excuse me, Mr. Microsoft. I'm trying to buy this game from the Colombian store, despite clearly being in England, to get out of paying tax. I've entered a false address and phone number and yet still I can't get Quantum Break for a fiver. THIS IS BULLSHIT, MICROSOFT! AND I DEMAND YOU TO HELP ME!!!"

And now, of course, Microsoft has cottened on and has completely shut down the Revolut card.

Why would anybody get in touch with Microsoft about this? Idiots.

Yeah, just tried buying something through revolut and it's not working. First problem I've had with it. I guess it was only a matter of time until they changed it really.

bidguy

Banned
this isnt a new thing though

they blocked my credit card a few months after i started buying stuff from foreign stores

i just use store credit now

Quick question if I may. I bought FM6 via Russian store a while ago (prices on RU store are through the roof now) but I forgot how I did it.

I now want to buy the Dragon Age DLC via the Mexican store as it is literally 20% of the local price and just want to confirm these steps are valid:

1: Buy MXN $300 gift card from Mexican Microsoft Store website with a fake Mexican address
2: Go to Xbox.com on my PC and, using the Mexican region select, buy each DLC for MXN $78.60
3: They should then download in English as per my Xbox region settings
4: Have MXN $64.20 left on my account to spend on other Mexican purchases?

Does that sound about right? Thanks guys.

Quick question if I may. I bought FM6 via Russian store a while ago (prices on RU store are through the roof now) but I forgot how I did it.

I now want to buy the Dragon Age DLC via the Mexican store as it is literally 20% of the local price and just want to confirm these steps are valid:

1: Buy MXN $300 gift card from Mexican Microsoft Store website with a fake Mexican address
2: Go to Xbox.com on my PC and, using the Mexican region select, buy each DLC for MXN $78.60
3: They should then download in English as per my Xbox region settings
4: Have MXN $64.20 left on my account to spend on other Mexican purchases?

Does that sound about right? Thanks guys.

Correct

Lima

Except I see now reason to use a gift card and have left over money. Use your CC and a VPN and pay the exact amount.

Except I see now reason to use a gift card and have left over money. Use your CC and a VPN and pay the exact amount.
Are there instructions on how to do it for the Mexican store? I only briefly glanced over the first post and it seemed to be the US store.

I'll check it again but it seems the DLCs will only cost me AUD$5 even with having money left over so unless the DLC is USD$5 or less I'll do the gift card thing. But thanks if you've steered me on a better path. :)

Lima

India never worked after they blocked foreign credit cards. Not even with a VPN. Same as Hong Kong. Buy from a different marketplace.

Guerrilla

India never worked after they blocked foreign credit cards. Not even with a VPN. Same as Hong Kong. Buy from a different marketplace.

I tried russia and singapore, both worked completely fine a week ago, now I get 9002 :/ Did you have any luck with any store?

Edit: Everything is still working fine as always forget what I said ;)

Leyasu

Banned
I just tried to buy the witcher and it keeps sending me to my local xbox store... Argentina is where I want buy it from

Lima

Hong Kong is locked down but Singapore still works with a VPN so use that. Price is a tiny bit lower aswell.

Has anyone successfully bought from Argentina lately? I was trying to buy Doom earlier but it wasn't going through. It might be having another one of its hiccups again so I'll try again later. Just curious if anyone else is having issues.

Pjsprojects

I got FH2 from Russia yesterday easy enough with Flyvpn and a normal UK debit card.
So I've now used a total of four countries to buy games.

Has anyone successfully bought from Argentina lately? I was trying to buy Doom earlier but it wasn't going through. It might be having another one of its hiccups again so I'll try again later. Just curious if anyone else is having issues.

Just tried now a few times but it wasn't going through. I don't know if I have the right address though because they are hard to understand.

Flintty

I just tried getting Overwatch from Singapore and it won't accept the card. Dammit.

Edit: I tried a different card and it works. Weird.

DaNcaKe

Same issues here. I'm using details that went through fine for the Division (whilst using Vypr).

Lima

I just bought Doom as a test from Argentina with VyprVPN and the same card that I bought Division, Trackmania Turbo with etc.

Worked fine for me so this is something on your guys' end. Try changing the address maybe or just use a different credit card.

Mik3F

I bought Doom on Thursday using the VPN to Vietnam method, yesterday I was getting the PBR error when trying to buy Rainbow Six. Same card and VPN method as Thursday, so its definitely not my end that is causing it

Normally whenever people have issues, it's newbies. I'm seeing plenty of people who have done it a lot, including myself, now failing to purchase.

Shit!

Danny 117

I keep trying to buy black ops 1 with my Xbox.com region set to the US but whenever I go to pay it brings up the GB payment screen... any ideas?

Lima

I keep trying to buy black ops 1 with my Xbox.com region set to the US but whenever I go to pay it brings up the GB payment screen... any ideas?

It is a 360 game. Your account region is determining the region you can buy from. You are locked in to GB.

Anyway I just bought the Forza Nascar expansion from Russia with my German credit card and a VPN. Worked just fine like Doom last week from Argentina.

Danny 117

It is a 360 game. Your account region is determining the region you can buy from. You are locked in to GB.

Anyway I just bought the Forza Nascar expansion from Russia with my German credit card and a VPN. Worked just fine like Doom last week from Argentina.

Ah hell, figures. Thanks for the help!

besiktas1

Using Vyper?
Just tried tomb raider. No dice...

Sometimes I get errors then it works after a couple of days....

Top Bottom