• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

besiktas1

Usually it's back after a couple of days :(
I'm going to do the same thing. If it's back I'm going to binge all the games available...

Gowans

Yeah I've never had any issues but it's stopped like it did with DS3, had to go back to codes. Still way better than UK prices

I stuck £20 onto my Revolut card last week to try to purchase Life is Strange. My balance is currently less than £7 where the transaction failed but Microsoft still took money out to verify the card.

Very odd.

Flintty

Use a different way to pay

Your purchase cannot be completed with this payment option. Try a different or new way to pay.

This is all I'm getting, regardless of what card I use :(

Back to paying rip-off UK prices then...

Bliman

Banned
I use Gift cards from the US store to buy digital games.
But I would like to know how you all get those xbox360 gold games (I have a gold account).
Is everyone using VPN or is there another way?
I would like to buy my games from the US digital store but also like to get the gold xbox360 games without VPN, is this possible?

Yep, seems we're done.

Do gift cards still work then? Anyone know where to get Brazilian, Argentine or South African credit?

Also, when do the deals with gold change?

Ah you think it's a VPN thing rather than Revolut? If so, should we not suspect that they're cracking down? I tried a bunch of other Android VPN apps but they all suck and don't have any countries.

besiktas1

Ah you think it's a VPN thing rather than Revolut? If so, should we not suspect that they're cracking down? I tried a bunch of other Android VPN apps but they all suck and don't have any countries.
Yup. I just use my card and vyper. Usually when it goes down its backnowledge up after a couple of days...

All I wanted is to impulse buy some cheap games. Guess I won't buy as many more now :(

besiktas1

just tried russia with vyprvpn again, no dice :/
:( missed out on last week's deals. This week guess its the same again...

I wouldve bought. Olliolli wasteland and escapist. And probably abc murders. For about 20 quid.

From uk it's around 40. So yeah....

Maybe the dream is over :(

Guerrilla

:( missed out on last week's deals. This week guess its the same again...

I wouldve bought. Olliolli wasteland and escapist. And probably abc murders. For about 20 quid.

From uk it's around 40. So yeah....

Maybe the dream is over :(

Well its not all bad. You can still buy russian store credit from the ms store and use taht (just snagged mirrors edge for 42euros) or buy the digital game codes from amazon.com

bidguy

Banned
Yep, seems we're done.

Do gift cards still work then? Anyone know where to get Brazilian, Argentine or South African credit?

Also, when do the deals with gold change?

they dont sell credit for argentine store. id imagine if you couldnt find south african or brazilian credit, they dont exist either

besiktas1

Anyone with any luck? Or any other method floating around?

e: I wonder if it's vyper they've caught on to or is it the foreign cards.... hmmm. has anyone tried a different vpn?

TheKeyPit

Banned
So, can US gift cards still be bought and used like before(as described in the op)? Amazon changed some stuff, so I can't jump as easily back and forth between US and Germany as before(couple months back).

Guerrilla

So, can US gift cards still be bought and used like before(as described in the op)? Amazon changed some stuff, so I can't jump as easily back and forth between US and Germany as before(couple months back).

yep that still works, you can also buy russian gift cards on the russian ms-store and use those.

besiktas1

Is it me or russian and US prices are equal? so I save something like £0.03
Was it always like that?

edit: turns out I can't buy from US store as I used to be able to. Amazon seems lock down as well. So far xbox russian store seems the easiest....

E2: And now russian gift cards not working :( says card is blocking. Need to call nationwide....

E3: call me bonkers I just ordered 20, 20k game codes from Russian store.
Says it will take 4 to 6 hours to OK. While I can I'm going to binge all these in a go.
Gears of War
Call of Duty
Battle field
Mafia
Final Fantasy
Deus ex

Then as they come available.

E4:
Said they will be sent in 4-6 hours. Still nothing :(

E5:
Still nothing lol

Guerrilla

24 hours and £418 later....
Still nothing.

I have made a huge mistake.

You have certainly made a mistake buying so much currency, maybe well find another way to buy directly within the next 2 weeks, who knows? But I don't think any of your money is lost however ;)

login to your account on the microsoft store on the russian page, click on your name and then on digital porducts (should be the fourth option in the dropdown) there you should be able to reveal the codes for your purchases.

Btw. I have found a page to buy South African Credit: http://www.prepaidgamer.com/xbox-live-gift-cards/ didn't try it yet, but seems legit

besiktas1

So codes did come after all but only lets me add 7 of them and now gives me an error. Guessing there's restrictions to it. I'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes :)

Also no gears 4 on Russian store for some reason :(

So codes did come after all but only lets me add 7 of them and now gives me an error. Guessing there's restrictions to it. I'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes :)

Also no gears 4 on Russian store for some reason :(

You should really check whats on the different Stores before buying so much Gift Cards ;)

Something like this

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

or this (its in german) http://www.xbox-now.com/home

And yes there are Gift Cards for South Africa. Got Battlefield 1 for like 50€. Enlister Edition :)

miserable

i haven't followed this thread in a while, and i'd like to buy Killer Instinct Season 3. What are my options as of this moment? buy gift cards through a VPN and with a fake address?

if someone could give me a few pointers i'd appreciate it.

besiktas1

i haven't followed this thread in a while, and i'd like to buy Killer Instinct Season 3. What are my options as of this moment? buy gift cards through a VPN and with a fake address?

if someone could give me a few pointers i'd appreciate it.
£7.25 is the cheapest from Russian store (700 rubbles)

You can get 1000 card from Russian ms store above and it comes more or less instant. (Unless you buy 40k in one go like me lol)

No need for vpn

Guerrilla

I'm scared to "transfer" my amazon .de account to .com in fear that I won't be able to change it back.

russian gift cards are bought from the russian ms-store not amazon. And even if there were some on amazon.com, you don't need to "transfer" your acc on amazon. you just add another address to your acc and buy with your regular de acc

TheKeyPit

Banned
russian gift cards are bought from the russian ms-store not amazon. And even if there were some on amazon.com, you don't need to "transfer" your acc on amazon. you just add another address to your acc and buy with your regular de acc

It was a response to the us cards still working and not the russian ones :)

Amazon doesn't let me change my address as easy as before. There is something different from before.

jesu

I just tried to by a $10 code from the MS online store, using Paypal
Got a message saying

Hi there,
Thanks for your order on June 10, 2016. We're working through a brief delay in order processing right now.
You'll get a follow up email within 4-6 hours once your order has been processed.

Will that ever go through?

Is it even possible to buy US codes that way in the UK?

edit, it came through 5 minutes after this post and worked ok, got that Tron Run/r bundle.

razord

Neo Member
I bought 100,000 Korean bucks from the Microsoft Korean store - it's a download code (and I want FH3 ultimate, which is 98,000).

Except it's now been 10 hours, and the order shows as completed in my billing.microsoft.com account, but I've not received any code yet. :S

besiktas1

I bought 100,000 Korean bucks from the Microsoft Korean store - it's a download code (and I want FH3 ultimate, which is 98,000).

Except it's now been 10 hours, and the order shows as completed in my billing.microsoft.com account, but I've not received any code yet. :S
Be patient. My russian ones took over a day :)

E: pcgamesupply is awkward because it doesn't do 60$ codes :(

Some games I like are coming up cheapest in Columbia. Any credit sites we know are good? I've got off for Brazil and PPG for SA, I feel like Columbia is the last I need. Some places are sometimes cheaper but not often, more difficult and only by pennies.

Top Bottom