• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internet nostalgia in pictures

iWXL7Zm.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

dem

pa1d.jpg

I installed this off of a CD that game with Game Players magazine. There was an IGN Palace chat server for awhile. I remember Bill Donohue hanging out there for awhile. What the hell happened to that guy?

Last edited:

Nydius

Hamster dance
My (step)kid was 6 back then and I remember he came home from school one day, wanted to watch a cartoon movie, and pulled Disney’s Robin Hood from his mom’s collection. As the intro was playing he yelled out “its the hamster song”.

And that’s how I learned what the damn song was. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Microsoft Gaming Zone. I spent many an hour staring at screens like these to play XWing vs TIE Fighter online.

Irl31r0.jpg

If I really want to make myself feel old, I’ll admit my very first interaction with the “internet” was dialing into my mom’s educator access .edu internet account through her job (she was a teacher), and having to use the Lynx text browser through MS-DOS, way back in 1992.

Last edited:

Kadve

old-neopets-ads-v0-lno6gci7qhsa1.png
qb8zmta0pl371.jpg

Admit it. You used to hang around them. And the death of flash means they are pretty much gone....

Also double nostalgia bonus

aty2o2n17to41.png

Davesky

nMjFndg.png

Back when it was easy to find and get talking to normal hot girls in your area that weren’t self obsessed or completely crazy.

I posted the wrong site. This is what was used in UK to hook up and most likely get friendzoned before even MySpace.

aowTpY5.jpg

Top Bottom