• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inti Creates reveals Dragon Marked for Death for Switch

switch_dragon_mfd_keyg7b4a.png

Title: Dragon Marked For Death
Publisher: Inti Creates
Developer: Inti Creates
Genre: Action RPG
Platform: Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Switch
ESRB: RP
Number of Players: 1-4 (Offline: 1P (3DS) 1P-4P (Switch), Local & Online Multiplayer: 2P-4P)
MSRP: TBD
Release Date: Winter 2017

Game Overview:
Dragon MFD is a 2D side-scrolling action RPG game where up to 4 players can play together in either local multiplayer or online multiplayer. Refreshing, feel-good level designs based around intuitive 2D-action-based gameplay await!

Key Features:
 Play through the game as one of four Dragonkin characters!
The characters, known as the Dragonkin, have forged a pact with dragons which granted them special new powers. You can choose any one of the Princess, Warrior, Shinobi, or Witch characters to play as.
 Each playable character has different strengths and abilities!
The Princess is a well-balanced DPS character, the Warrior is a Tank class character that protects the party with his high defense, the Shinobi is DPS that places emphasis on
movement on tricky attacks, and the Witch can both heal her allies and damage her
emeies.
 A fascinating and immersive dark fantasy world
Carefully drawn pixel art from some of the industry's best pixelmancers paints the entire
picture and brings players right into the dark fantasy setting.

Exclusive Features:
 Work together with your companions to progress through stages!
In Dragon MFD, working together with your companions opens up a whole new realm of
possibilities when it comes to defeating enemies and traversing stages.
 Battle against gargantuan bosses!
Absolutely gigantic bosses that are bigger than the entire screen await our heroes. Work
together with your comrades to take down these larger than life baddies!
 Dozens and dozens of hours worth of gameplay!
Make no mistake, Dragon MFD is a massive game for its genre. With single stages that
span 200-400 screens, over 30 main quests, and tons of side quests to tackle, players
have tons of playtime to look forward to!

Twitter: @IntiCreatesEN
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/inticreates/

They bear the curse of the Dragonkin in this Dark Fantasy style Action RPG

We at Inti Creates are proud to introduce that our newest game/brand new IP ”Dragon: Marked for Death", is coming to Nintendo Switch this winter!!

Announced during the Nindie Showcase prior to PAX West 2017, Dragon: Marked for Death is an immersive dark fantasy style action RPG that can be enjoyed solo, or together with up to 3 other people in local or online multiplayer!

If you enjoyed our work on the Mega Man Zero series and Mega Man ZX series back in the day, you will be very pleased to see that many of the prominent staff members from the Mega Man Zero series are back to work together on this project!

Staff

Director: Ryota Ito
Megaman Zero series (Director), Megaman ZX series (Director), Megaman 9 (Director), Megaman 10 (Director)

Character Designer: Toru Nakayama
Megaman Zero 1-3 (Character Designer, Illustrator), Megaman ZX (Character Designer)

Chief Character Graphics Designer: Horikatsu Maeda
Megaman Zero 1-3 (Character Graphics), Megaman Zero 4 (Character Designer, Illustrator), Megaman ZX series (Character Graphics), Azure Striker Gunvolt series (Character Graphics), Blaster Master Zero (Character Graphics)

Scenario Writer (Planning), World Planner: Makoto Yabe
Megaman Zero 3-4 (Scenario Writer), Megaman ZX series (Scenario Writer, Character Designer, Illustrator)

Sound Producer: Ippo Yamada
Megaman Zero series (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Megaman ZX series (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Megaman 9 (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Megaman 10 (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Azure Striker Gunvolt series (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Blaster Master Zero (Sound Director, Sound Producer)

Main Programmer: Akihiro Shishido
Megaman Zero series (Programmer), Megaman ZX series (Main Programmer)

Lead Programmer: Shinichi Sema
Megaman Zero series (Programmer), Megaman 9 (Main Programmer)

Producer: Takuya Aizu
Megaman Zero series (Main Programmer, Producer), Megaman ZX series (Producer), Megaman 9 (Producer), Megaman 10 (Producer), Azure Striker Gunvolt series (Producer), Blaster Master Zero (Producer)

We will have a lot more information about Dragon: Marked for Death in the near future, but until then, enjoy your first peek into the game with the screenshots below!

switch_dragon_mfd_scrn9lj3.png
switch_dragon_mfd_scr4rzde.png

switch_dragon_mfd_scrplb46.png
switch_dragon_mfd_screbyqm.png

switch_dragon_mfd_scrb9zqo.png
switch_dragon_mfd_scr06yy0.png

http://inticreates.com/dragon-marked-for-death-coming-to-nintendo-switch-this-winter/

Section from the stream:

https://youtu.be/dY8OCBFl1Qg?t=876

Dragon Marked for Death was initially teased as a 3DS project by Marvelous' producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto on October 5th, 2011 (so rather close to 6 years ago). It was apparently originally on a different system prior (my guess is PSP, or maybe DS since it's Inti Creates) that got moved to 3DS, but was never revealed... until now.

Looks like Inti Creates got back the IP (Marvelous rarely let independent devs retain IPs IIRC) and seemingly moved the online portion to Switch, which makes me wonder, is this why it was delayed for so long? Because they couldn't get the online gameplay working on the 3DS version, which seems to still exist despite the stream announcement of a Switch-only release?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/0...-online-game-for-nintendo-3ds-in-development/

vareon

This looks like my type of game. I heard the title before and I don't know why I thought it was an old NIS game or something?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This looked really sweet....multiplayer offline/online coop too.

Not to mention that 1, things were moving slowly, 2, the stream was still going on, 3, there wasn't any available assets until moments ago.

Really, if it weren't I, someone, or even quite a few, would've done the exact same thing I bet.

Screens and art are being uploaded right now.

Shiggy

They bear the curse of the Dragonkin in this Dark Fantasy style Action RPG

We at Inti Creates are proud to introduce that our newest game/brand new IP ”Dragon: Marked for Death", is coming to Nintendo Switch this winter!!

Announced during the Nindie Showcase prior to PAX West 2017, Dragon: Marked for Death is an immersive dark fantasy style action RPG that can be enjoyed solo, or together with up to 3 other people in local or online multiplayer!

If you enjoyed our work on the Mega Man Zero series and Mega Man ZX series back in the day, you will be very pleased to see that many of the prominent staff members from the Mega Man Zero series are back to work together on this project!

Staff

Director: Ryota Ito
Megaman Zero series (Director), Megaman ZX series (Director), Megaman 9 (Director), Megaman 10 (Director)

Character Designer: Toru Nakayama
Megaman Zero 1-3 (Character Designer, Illustrator), Megaman ZX (Character Designer)

Chief Character Graphics Designer: Horikatsu Maeda
Megaman Zero 1-3 (Character Graphics), Megaman Zero 4 (Character Designer, Illustrator), Megaman ZX series (Character Graphics), Azure Striker Gunvolt series (Character Graphics), Blaster Master Zero (Character Graphics)

Scenario Writer (Planning), World Planner: Makoto Yabe
Megaman Zero 3-4 (Scenario Writer), Megaman ZX series (Scenario Writer, Character Designer, Illustrator)

Sound Producer: Ippo Yamada
Megaman Zero series (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Megaman ZX series (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Megaman 9 (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Megaman 10 (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Azure Striker Gunvolt series (Sound Director, Sound Producer), Blaster Master Zero (Sound Director, Sound Producer)

Main Programmer: Akihiro Shishido
Megaman Zero series (Programmer), Megaman ZX series (Main Programmer)

Lead Programmer: Shinichi Sema
Megaman Zero series (Programmer), Megaman 9 (Main Programmer)

Producer: Takuya Aizu
Megaman Zero series (Main Programmer, Producer), Megaman ZX series (Producer), Megaman 9 (Producer), Megaman 10 (Producer), Azure Striker Gunvolt series (Producer), Blaster Master Zero (Producer)

We will have a lot more information about Dragon: Marked for Death in the near future, but until then, enjoy your first peek into the game with the screenshots below!

http://inticreates.com/dragon-marked-for-death-coming-to-nintendo-switch-this-winter/

Soulstar

I'm really, really excited for this. The Megaman Zero series and Megaman ZX are some of my favorite games of all time so I am definitely going to give this a go.

L Thammy

Isn't this the first game Toru Nakayama's worked on since Mega Man Zero 3? Or first commercial game, dunno when he did the art for that doujin Mai-Hime fighting game. Not a fan on his loli stuff but his mecha art is great.

Mega Man Zero is my favourite Mega Man series, definitely going to keep my eye on this.

javadoze

I'm not too hot on InitCreates' recent efforts and I find myself looking more fondly on the MM9/10 and Zero Series period. Seeing how this takes more inspiration from Megaman Zero makes me hopeful that it will turn out amazing.

Top Bottom