• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing DualSense, the New Wireless Game Controller for PlayStation 5

What do you think of the new controller?

• I like it

• I dislike it

• 50-50

Results are only viewable after voting.
Like the Xbox 360 and why I immediately got an Elite when it was offered, white peripherals are a terrible idea for a high sweat constant usage environment. Dirt and grime is going to build up and show heavily. The controller looks as expected, nothing really unusual there but the default color (likely the console itself) seems pretty tone deaf, most people want black entertainment devices and peripherals, they don't stand out, they don't catch the eye, they fade into the background.
Well i dont feel controllers are something made to sit on a display, they are made to be used! If anything it makes them easier to find when you misplace them between some couch pillows ;)

Tripolygon

Banned
Looks ugly imo, it looks like a customised Xbox One controller.
To each their own but i disagree. They have similar aesthetics like most controllers. If you notice it has been compared to Ouya, Stadia, Madcatz, Hori and Xbox One, but they are most certainly different put side by side.
OCbtbvV.gif

Things I wish:
- PlayStation button was more prominent and not black
- touchpad wasn't a cave for dust
- maybe wish it was all black

Other than that, I love it. I only hope it has a little weight to it. I can see the similarity to XB1, but it really looks like they did their homework on this. Big win for Sony IMO.

Norse

That's the best ps controller design so far. Grips look a lot like an Xbox controller so it should feel damn good. Only thing I'm hesitant about is that built in mic. If you can disable it in system settings I'll feel a little better. Otherwise it will just be another spy mechanism like Amazon and google use.

mortal

Gold Member
Give whoever redesigned the light indicator a fucking raise. What were they thinking with DS4's light bar lol

• gripped sticks
  • haptic feedback
  • adaptive triggers with programmable resistance
  • meatier L1 + R1 buttons.
+ 3D audio

DaulSense is going to feel miles better than DS4.

Oudtqij.jpg

Last edited:
It’s beautiful. I am very happy with the design. I am actually super happy that Sony has finally changed the design as I feel those smooth outside handles will make a big difference to comfort.

I still wish Sony would be bold and swap the left stick and the dpad or at least provide the option of two designs (unlikely I know).

Any info on whether it still has the headphone jack in the front of the controller?

To each their own but i disagree. They have similar aesthetics like most controllers. If you notice it has been compared to Ouya, Stadia, Madcatz, Hori and Xbox One, but they are most certainly different put side by side.
OCbtbvV.gif

any chance you could do the same thing with the switch pro controller?

and with th4 ds4?

Last edited:
Ever since I got the Xbox Elite controller I've been completely spoiled with extended/interchangeable analog sticks and customizable back paddles. It's just the best controller out there.

Please make a PlayStation Elite controller Sony. I don't think I can go back to a controller without buttons on the back.

B_Boss

What exactly did they just win at? They just showed a design. You could argue that you like this design over Microsoft's, which would be a subjective opinion. To win at something, it has to be objective fact. What exactly is the contest that this controller design is winning at?

For me, I still prefer Xbox's analogue stick placement over Sony's. I am also not a fan of the lightbar. The touchpad (still not something new in this design) could be nice if it was used better in games.

I like Microsoft's approach on forwards/backwards compatibility of their controllers and other peripherals. Any word if Sony is doing the same?

W3Jw.gif

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Pretty cool design. I like it more than the DS4 to be honest. Way more futuristic.

And if the main color is white, it means the PS5 will probably be too.

Vanilla Ice PS4 is still one of the most beautifull consoles I ever had to be honest.

Now release the price tag and images of the console, Sony.

200.gif

Top Bottom