• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing DualSense, the New Wireless Game Controller for PlayStation 5

What do you think of the new controller?

• I like it

• I dislike it

• 50-50

Results are only viewable after voting.

Batiman

Banned
I’m not sure about the white. I might get cheezy stains all over it. Maybe I’ll get a custom made orange one eventually.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I'm glad SONY showed the controller first before the console, Microsoft fans need to leave SONY fans alone, today is a win for SONY.

zcaa0g

Banned
Shit color decision, but massively improved design. I couldn't stand the previous dual shocks as they were too small. Going to own it regardless and replace it when an all black color scheme is available. I swear they do this shit because they know dumb asses like me will buy another one just to get the color that should have been used in the first place. I hope the console doesn't end up two-toned as well. There is something not right about a cookies & cream console, but to each their own though. Those buttons look a little too low profile, but we'll see in action.

Last edited:

splattered

I'm actually... less impressed by it than I thought I was going to be.

First of all, with all this tech crammed into it, how expensive are they going to be???

I DO like the colors, the two tone doesn't bother me at all.

Haptic feedback sounds great.

Not a fan of the d-pad at all, looks like a big step back esp for fighting games???

I have larger hands so i'm not worried about the size at all but it does look a bit bulky and heavy... and the handles on each side kind of twist at the bottom now??

Curious as to why they released RENDERS instead of photos of the finished product too... hmmm

Will reserve judgement for when i'm finally holding it I guess :)

GV82

TWPLWKu.jpg

Reminds me of this Hori Onyx plus ps4 Controller I have in my Amazon shopping list, except for the colours & d-pad placement.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Doesn't look as cheap from this angle. My first reaction was yuck but it will be better in the flesh.
Yeah from that angle it looks great, but that frontal image makes it looks really bad.
Especially where the L1/L2/R1/R2 buttons are, the curve or lack rather, is too sharp I find like you'll be pressing into the edge (if that makes sense).
It's too square around those buttons IMO, but hard to tell without having one in hands.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
lol, what a bizarre announcement - I didn't even think it was real. Looks pretty good - the shape seems like it'll be comfortable. Just hope they nail the d-pad, since that's such a low-priority, yet important thing.

munancho

Banned
You seemed very work on for someone who didn't overreact.

Like it? Cool. Don't like it? Cool too. But whatever this comment has to do with a controller reveal is beyond me.

You seem like the kind of person that starts reading a book by flicking to a random page in the middle.

Context. Go get some.

Zannegan

I just wanted to know if there are back buttons a la that DS4 add-on. They never show the back, so I guess there's still hope, but I'm not holding my breath. With everything else being announced, they would have mentioned it, right?

robo_qwop

I just wanted to know if there are back buttons a la that DS4 add-on. They never show the back, so I guess there's still hope, but I'm not holding my breath. With everything else being announced, they would have mentioned it, right?

This was the only thing I wanted. Have become dependent on those since buying the add-on...

jaysius

Banned
Looks awful, like something out of a cheap Sci-fi, but Sony STILL sticks with a design that is going to place strain on the charging ports while it's laid flat and plugged in.

Top Bottom