• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the Gigantic 2.0 Beta

Rocketz

This coming Wednesday changes are coming to the Gigantic Beta as a new build is being sent to Microsoft.
24/7 Access to the Game
EU Servers Up and Running
More Frequent Builds and Updates
First Look at Progression Systems
A New Hero
Cross-Platform Play
Parties and Friends Lists
Content Changes Based on Your Feedback!

Changes already made to the beta include
Your Microsoft Account is now your global login across all of our environments: on Windows, on your XBOX, on the website, and to the support site.
We've closed the servers for the 64bit Gigantic client as the game is moved to its final home: the Windows 10 App Store.
Your XBOX Gamertag is now your universal identity.

If you are part of the beta you can read more on the forums here.

Motiga says they will be sending out new keys and instructions on how to take part in the new beta. I'm happy to see access is now 24/7.

Hopefully it works this time, really like the artstyle, gameplay's pretty decent too although I only got 3 matches in like 8 hours of matchmaking (over multiple weekends).

I was part of the last beta but it NEVER worked.
(I never found a game)

Assuming I'm still in, this should hopefully go a little better.

I'd also love a spare Xbox key if anyone is feeling generous. Love Smite and want some more console MOBAs. Definitely looking forward to this one.

charsace

Yes! Good to see this is finally back. I hope the match finding issue is fixed. Took 10+ minutes to find a game. The game is great and looks like something that could be hugely popular.

Zafir

Have they sent out the new keys? I've not received anything.

When I log into the site the Win10 download button is greyed out.

Edit: Seems to have updated now, there's a button to redeem the key, and it just automatically added my beta key in.

They're sending out invites for Windows 10 via email if you were previously a part of beta testing. If you were playing on Xbox, I believe you already set.

Looking forward to playing later.

Been following this for a while, must admit I am seriously worried they will fuck up the pay system. Cannot stand the standard f2p system where they lock a million tiny things behind stuff to grind for. Let me just buy my characters and be done with it.

Where do we sign up for this thing? I wouldn't mind taking a whack at it.

http://www.gogigantic.com

Been following this for a while, must admit I am seriously worried they will fuck up the pay system. Cannot stand the standard f2p system where they lock a million tiny things behind stuff to grind for. Let me just buy my characters and be done with it.

Not sure if this alleviates any of your fears but this was datamined a while back.

http://smitedatamining.com/gigantic-datamining-founders-pack-skins-images-and-boosters/

wapplew

I apply for beta before the game picked up by MS, still no key?
What do I need to scarify for beta code?

Not sure if this alleviates any of your fears but this was datamined a while back.

http://smitedatamining.com/gigantic-datamining-founders-pack-skins-images-and-boosters/

That's definitely of interest to me, thanks a lot.

I'll have to wait a bit before I make any big conclusions, from what I heard you have to buy talents with the game's currency, cant get them for real money, which to me is 100% just making the player grind for the sake of it. Supposedly they're cheap which kinda just makes it all the dumber to me. IMO if I buy a character let me just have the character.

NHL94

Banned
I have played several matches on PC, I am not sure how I feel about the game yet. It's fun I think but its a bit all over the place. Theres a lot on the screen and to me its hard to keep up with whats happening then I see I died haha. I feel it though, I think.

Rocketz

If anyone needs assistance with what characters and their moves do, on the Gigantic youtube channel they have these videos called clash courses that talk about lore, abilities, and ways to master their playstyle.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I signed up ages ago and never got a Xbone key. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on my email.

However, if anyone here has a spare one, that would be awesome.

They really need to disable cross play.

Xbox players can't compete with PC players at all, I'm not sure why Motiga thought they would be able to.

They really need to disable cross play.

Xbox players can't compete with PC players at all, I'm not sure why Motiga thought they would be able to.
They don't think they can, which is why they've said it's going to be opt in. They just haven't implemented that yet.

That said, yeah I've been getting my ass kicked and I assume that's largely why.

Xiaoki

Got invited, and after a night of playing I won't be playing it further.

There really isn't anything majorly wrong with the game but it has a host of small problems that added up to a completely unfun experience.

I was really looking forward to Gigantic as being THE action based MOBA.

Ive been in the alpha/beta for ages but I didnt come back for 2.0 yet I'll give it a spin this weekend and see if they fixed how I felt about it.

Seiniyta

I played the game before it moved to windows 10. I remember how I got blinded by the bright orange desert stage which wasn't a great first impression. The game felt a bit..clunky? unclear where to go or what to do?

Maybe I'll give it another shot, the art style is pretty amazing

Wow, just played a match...so much going on, i think i like it but im still not 100% sure about how to effectively accomplish the objective, had alot of fun though

Top Bottom