• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the Moto X Style (phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moto-2015-Family-Portrait1.jpg
]

The Moto X Style is the company’s most premium smartphone set to hit the market this year, and can be considered the true spiritual successor to the 2014 Moto X. It includes a metal frame with premium soft silicon material on the back for a nice grip, look and feel. Here’s a look at its early spec sheet you can look forward to:

5.7-inch Quad HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
1.8GHz Hexa-Core Snapdragon 808
3GB of RAM, 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of storage w/ microSD slot (up to 128GB)
3,000mAh battery with TurboPower offering 50% more charge speed than Samsung Galaxy S6’s fast charging
21 Megapixel f/2.0 aperture camera with 4K video recording
5 Megapixel wide-angle front camera with flash
Front-facing speakers
WiFi AC + MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LTE, GPS and NFC
153.9 mm tall, 76.2 mm wide and 6.1-11.06 mm curve
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box
$200 to $300 less than other flagships
Full Moto Maker customization with genuine wood and leather options
One of the other cool things about the Moto X Style is that there will be a “Pure Edition” of the device. This gives you a fully unlocked model that can be used on AT&T, Sprint, Verizon or T-Mobile with the simple action of swapping SIM cards or calling a carrier to get it activated. It’s a nice option for those who anticipate the need to jump from carrier to carrier down the line. It’ll be available through Best Buy, Amazon and Motorola, and will only be available in the United States.

$399. UNLOCKED

Fireblend

Banned
Does it have NFC?

I'm suddenly very interested in this after yesterday's OPT disappointment :p 5.7 inches is HUGE though.

What is the difference between the Moto X Style and the Moto X Play?

Moto X Style:$399

5.7-inch quad-HD display
Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 1.8GHz hexa-core processor
3GB of RAM
A 21-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera
Universal LTE banding
3,000 mAh battery
microSD support up to 128GB
Android 5.1.1

2015 Moto X Play: $299

5.5-inch 1080p display
Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 1.7GHz octa-core processor
3,630mAh battery
21-megapixel rear camera
5 megapixel front camera
2GB of RAM
Dual SIM version available
SIM + microSD integration card slot
Android 5.1.1

Looks like the camera is the real deal:

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/6329651553/motorola-moto-x-style-preview-samples

We did not have too much time with the new Motorola Moto X Style but we like what we have seen so far. Image detail in bright light is impressive, and in lower light a well-balanced approach to noise reduction means that a lot of detail is preserved while noise isn't getting too intrusive until the very highest sensitivity levels.

I resized the image as it was too big to upload, the original sample is here

sarcastor

$180/220 for Moto G
$300 for Moto X play (but not in the $%!@$ US)
$400 for Moto X

If they released the X Play in the US, they would basically cornered the market on android phones. Fast updates, no bloatware, SD support. What more do you want?

kinggroin

Banned
Damnit. What's the point of the One Plus anything now.

So my wife may be going N6-> Moto Style for the colors, SD card and camera.

Not bad, I imagine it'll be a clean swap if not coming out with extra cash.

Looks and sounds awesome ... i wanted to retire my trusty old N5 this year ... but i also want to wait for Google to unveil their annual flagship-phones .... argh decisions.

But yeah, OP2 just got a massive competitor in it's price range ... with near stock android, too!

mattp

oh come ON

5.5 and 5.7? what the fuck
stop. making. phones. bigger.

5 and 5.7 would have been so much better

massoluk

Banned
I reread the specs, the price, the features. I can't find anything wrong with it. This can't be right. There gotta be a catch somewhere.

High specs, nice camera, good price, sd card support, all band, large battery, pure android. There have to be catch somewhere, a phone can't be this perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom