• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the Xbox Preview Dashboard app!

Mookow

The submit a problem feature allows you to submit a screenshot too, so maybe that feature is incoming soon for games.

Caayn

The submit a problem feature allows you to submit a screenshot too, so maybe that feature is incoming soon for games.
The ability to take screenshots existed for a while now, in an Ambassador exclusive feedback app. It's far from usable in games due to the slowness of it, last time I checked it didn't even work with games.

I will take care of the two guys above me. Invite is coming.

Super Rookie and trinest, I've officially registered both of you for the Preview Program. The invite might take a while so just be patient.

monome

don't know if it's too late but my GT is monome and I'll appreciate an invite if one of you fine Sires cares to.

Alx

I tried the dashboard preview app yesterday, and while it is nice, I had an issue with several features taking me back to the product page on the market, rather than doing what they are supposed to do. Like closing a quest for example. The problem is it also happens when I try the "report a bug" tile. :p
Back to the old Xbox forums for now, I suppose...

klodeckel

Banned
I tried the dashboard preview app yesterday, and while it is nice, I had an issue with several features taking me back to the product page on the market, rather than doing what they are supposed to do. Like closing a quest for example. The problem is it also happens when I try the "report a bug" tile. :p
Back to the old Xbox forums for now, I suppose...
This is not a bug. They redirect you to the store because you need several apps. When it opens the store page, you need to install the app you got linked to.

Apps:

Preview Update Dashboard (the hub)
Surveys
Feedback
Request (coming soon)

Alx

Woops, my bad then, the page on the store looked like it was for the Dashboard Preview app itself (they're going overkill with that "everything is an app" concept). I may even have them installed now, since I think I clicked on "install that app" when I was there, I should have tried again. Thanks for the heads up.

-PXG-

So that's what that was. I got a message telling me I got in the preview program..... when I've been in it for months. So they're overhauling it. That's nice.

klodeckel

Banned
Woops, my bad then, the page on the store looked like it was for the Dashboard Preview app itself (they're going overkill with that "everything is an app" concept). I may even have them installed now, since I think I clicked on "install that app" when I was there, I should have tried again. Thanks for the heads up.
Yes. While I agree with you that this can be irritating for some users at first, as a developer myself I can guarantee you development on a modular system like the Xbox One OS is much, much, much more flexible and efficient.

Alx

I can understand that, and I suppose the quick update rate of Xbox One features can be partly related to that modular system : I imagine it's much easier to test and validate small apps independently than a full OS.

Saiyan-Rox

Wish sony would do something like this I mean s not like they don't already have a beta tester system already (well at least in the EU) but Sony and firmware well not exactly every month :/

Oh and if someone could invite me if possible: Roxas385

Mookow

The ability to take screenshots existed for a while now, in an Ambassador exclusive feedback app. It's far from usable in games due to the slowness of it, last time I checked it didn't even work with games.

Doh, I got hopeful.

So does it take a while to get an invite? A fellow gaffer invited me but I never received anything. If someone can send me one again? GT - pC InfectedZero

link1201

So does it take a while to get an invite? A fellow gaffer invited me but I never received anything. If someone can send me one again? GT - pC InfectedZero

It does take a few days. They also aren't acceptinng everyone who is invited. I will do some more invites later today when I get home.

Hoping its not to late, but if someone still has an invite available, i'd love a shot to get in.

Xbox Live - SimpleCRIPPLE

Thank you in advance.

SegaShack

This is really cool. I love the Xbox Feedback website too. Of course they announce this the week after I unregistered from the Dashboard preview program!

link1201

I have invited the following people. Please keep in mind it takes a few days even if you are accepted and that not everybody is.

don't know if it's too late but my GT is monome and I'll appreciate an invite if one of you fine Sires cares to.

Would love an invite

GT: KI Heisenberg

@nvm had the invite but i didn't check

Really loving the frequent updates. Would love an invite to the preview program. GT: dmac9er

I would love an invite :3 GT: N7Commander95

GT: ARCAN3 JOK3R

Wish sony would do something like this I mean s not like they don't already have a beta tester system already (well at least in the EU) but Sony and firmware well not exactly every month :/

Oh and if someone could invite me if possible: Roxas385

This is turning into a begging thread for invites...

But *ahem* if anyone can spare one for a ten year veteran.. GT: TheBonehead

pretty neat app. had no idea they even made changes to hdmi-in before trying the quest

Same! Some have even gone as far as to suggest the delay that was present when you hooked up an old console and played games on it, has been decreased? I've never actually tried anything other than my cable set top box on my xbox one's HDMI-IN, so I wouldn't really know if there's any truth to that.

Agent713

If anyone want an invite send me a pm with your gamertag or send me a message on Xbox live and I'll send one.
Gamertag DJ Mupk1pz

Alx

Same! Some have even gone as far as to suggest the delay that was present when you hooked up an old console and played games on it, has been decreased? I've never actually tried anything other than my cable set top box on my xbox one's HDMI-IN, so I wouldn't really know if there's any truth to that.

Also it may be a placebo effect, but I haven't seen the "we've lost your TV signal" screen lately, which could appear on startup even when the set top box is on. Good.
(the console turning on the set top box is hit and miss though... it worked great again for a few days, but didn't this morning...)

Bsigg12

So the feedback site updated yesterday and moved the HBO Go app to an in progress status so I wonder if that's launching soon.

So that's what that was. I got a message telling me I got in the preview program..... when I've been in it for months. So they're overhauling it. That's nice.

this is different
I am in the preview program as well and was asked to do the dashboard one
so they are two different programs

Top Bottom