• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ion Fury devs patch out non-PC jokes and force all employees & contractors to undergo mandatory sensitivity training

NickFire

I assure you, this is not clear.

The issue is with "fired over twitter words." What does this mean? It leaves open the possibility that Neogaf could actively try to get someone fired over something that is NOT twitter words. One could easily take the position that if in the event neogaf condoned mob justice, it was not on the ground of twitter words, but the underlying issue behind the twitter words.

Its a dumb way to say it and you, apparently, can't critically think about what things are actually saying.

I really am not trying to be a jerk here. Just suggestion that the overall point of a limitation on mob justice is not being made sufficiently clear in that post.
I think its painfully obvious that twitter words refer to offhand comments on social issues. As in, no mob justice to fire someone for disagreeing on political views. Not that complex.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I assure you, this is not clear.

The issue is with "fired over twitter words." What does this mean? It leaves open the possibility that Neogaf could actively try to get someone fired over something that is NOT twitter words. One could easily take the position that if in the event neogaf condoned mob justice, it was not on the ground of twitter words, but the underlying issue behind the twitter words.

Its a dumb way to say it and you, apparently, can't critically think about what things are actually saying.

I really am not trying to be a jerk here. Just suggestion that the overall point of a limitation on mob justice is not being made sufficiently clear in that post.

The only one who can't critically think is you, mate. Try a bit harder with your blatant trolling. Must be a slow day at Ree for you, huh?

Raven117

Did you click the link?

What you quoted was in context to this thread. The link I gave you was elaborating upon it, stating all types of harassment campaigns, since I had the foresight to know there would be at least one person, and here we are.
Maybe we are having a failure to communicate. I didn't see any expanded harassment campaign limitation other than the one comment about "Twitter words." Which is not an exacting way to describe what you are trying to say (but you may have had other provisions).
I think its painfully obvious that twitter words refer to offhand comments on social issues. As in, no mob justice to fire someone for disagreeing on political views. Not that complex.
Is that it then? Is that the extent of the mob justice limitation on Gaf?

The only one who can't critically think is you, mate. Try a bit harder with your blatant trolling. Must be a slow day at Ree for you, huh?
It really isn't blatant trolling. Nor am I a Ree poster.

Let me just say this, with the words that I quoted regarding "twitter" words, that is not well drafted, and it is unclear from a policy standpoint what the standard is for the prohibition of mob justice on Gaf. Maybe we don't care? Thats fine. But from a strictly "does this language work" from a policy/legal perspective, it doesn't in any real way. The end.

Last edited:
Let me just say this, with the words that I quoted regarding "twitter" words, that is not well drafted, and it is unclear from a policy standpoint what the standard is for the prohibition of mob justice on Gaf. Maybe we don't care? Thats fine. But from a strictly "does this language work" from a policy/legal perspective, it doesn't in any real way. The end.

I didn't take Mod of War's comment to be a comprehensive statement on NeoGaf's policy towards harassment or mob action. It was a couple of short sentences and I took it to be contextual.

The issue immediately at hand at that point was someone's twitter words, and the thread overall is about a couple of issues with a game, hence "over twitter words or game design". That was the context to my mind.

That said, I do think a comprehensive post covering this somewhere (perhaps in a sticky or in some kind of T&C's or "shit you should know" section), that could easily be linked from anywhere on the forum, might be useful for clearing things up instantly for any newcomers.

Pretty sure it would be something along the lines of "no to mob action, no to harassment. Just ... no."

Raven117

I didn't take Mod of War's comment to be a comprehensive statement on NeoGaf's policy towards harassment or mob action. It was a couple of short sentences and I took it to be contextual.

The issue immediately at hand at that point was someone's twitter words, and the thread overall is about a couple of issues with a game, hence "over twitter words or game design". That was the context to my mind.

That said, I do think a comprehensive post covering this somewhere (perhaps in a sticky or in some kind of T&C's or "shit you should know" section), that could easily be linked from anywhere on the forum, might be useful for clearing things up instantly for any newcomers.

Pretty sure it would be something along the lines of "no to mob action, no to harassment. Just ... no."
That’s what I’m getting at.

Top Bottom