• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming June 2016 | Be still my growing backlog, summer is here

Oynox

Guess I should finally see what all the praise was about

me too and I actually do not understand the fuss about this game. it is like a paid version of infinity golf, though it was released earlier... of course, it is good and all, but nothing spectacular.

How similar or different is this to Race The Sun?
Different. These are finite hand-crafted levels (that unlock endless versions once you beat them). The game has a sci-fi setting; the levels aren't random places, they're mining tunnels and interstellar trade lanes and ductworks of massive stations. The speed and camera makes the levels feel like your personal trench runs

awp69

Different. These are finite hand-crafted levels (that unlock endless versions once you beat them). The game has a sci-fi setting; the levels aren't random places, they're mining tunnels and interstellar trade lanes and ductworks of massive stations. The speed and camera makes the levels feel like your personal trench runs

It is very cool but kinda wish it had a little more depth to it like Breakneck. Graphics and controls are great. Just not sure if it will hold my attention to keep coming back after a while.

But that's probably me being picky. Still think it's well worth $2.99 (and appreciate the premium model).

kiguel182

Is there any good f2p rogue like games? I feel like playing one but I also don't feel like spending more money in video games right now.

Turn based would be cool but not necessary I guess.

Sounds interesting, probably going to pick it up soon.

Your seal of approval is enough for me. I always enjoy your recommendations. Bought
Just to be clear, this is pure evasion. No upgrades, or shooting, or anything. Just go fast and don't hit anything

It is very cool but kinda wish it had a little more depth to it like Breakneck. Graphics and controls are great. Just not sure if it will hold my attention to keep coming back after a while.

But that's probably me being picky. Still think it's well worth $2.99 (and appreciate the premium model).
Honestly, the skim-close-to-charge mechanic in Breakneck was cool, but here, the levels are so tight that you're naturally pulling off close calls and just skimming past walls and barriers. Breakneck certainly had a larger scale, but I think this game offers more, since each level also doubles as an endless level. Plus I like how the levels are different areas in a themed location, like the mining levels are the refinery and excavation tunnel and so on

I also feel this game's sense of speed is really well done. It isn't as crazy as Barrier X or Super Hexagon, but the close camera and the way the camera kind of sways behind your ship really makes thrusting past hazards and through tight corridors feel really intense, especially at the higher speeds

Two of my favorite areas

zPXyU02.gif

Matt Frost

This is an excellent arcade game, one of my favorites in a long time. A must-buy recommendation from me.

If you say so, then I buy it. You have a great taste in games.

You unlock better ships as you progress. I guess thats the depth we get.

We released new version of Power Hover last week: challenge mode, new characters, iCloud saving, new achievements, japan and portugal languages added. Game is also on Summer sale just 0.99$(from 3.99$)

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1034773723

Power Hover is amazing, one of the best... but... Could you add a sensitity slider for moving left and right?

awp69

Just to be clear, this is pure evasion. No upgrades, or shooting, or anything. Just go fast and don't hit anything

Honestly, the skim-close-to-charge mechanic in Breakneck was cool, but here, the levels are so tight that you're naturally pulling off close calls and just skimming past walls and barriers. Breakneck certainly had a larger scale, but I think this game offers more, since each level also doubles as an endless level. Plus I like how the levels are different areas in a themed location, like the mining levels are the refinery and excavation tunnel and so on

I also feel this game's sense of speed is really well done. It isn't as crazy as Barrier X or Super Hexagon, but the close camera and the way the camera kind of sways behind your ship really makes thrusting past hazards and through tight corridors feel really intense, especially at the higher speeds

I think I also need to download it to my iPhone 6. Sometimes I feel the sense of speed of racing games on a smaller more intimate screen than I do on my mini 2.

Rlan

Another Awesome Aussie game from Featherweight Studios (and more Ex-Halfbrick guys like me) - Rodeo Stampede!

Saddle up and get ready to wrassle with the stampede-iest critters this side of the Savannah. Lions and Tigers and Bears are no match for this rodeo star. Armed with a lasso and a ten gallon hat, swing from the backs of stampeding buffalo, elephants, ostrich, alligators, and more. Hold tight atop these bucking beasts and you might just win their hearts. When the stampedes over, the zoo begins!

Fill enclosures with your four-footed friends and let your patrons gaze in wonder. This is one wild ride that you will not want to miss - YEEHAW

- Ride through the wild stampede on the backs of buffalo, elephants, and all types of exotic animals
- Dodge and avoid obstacles in your chase for high scores
- Travel across the Savannah and Jungle, with other exciting landscapes to come!
- Catch and befriend animals of all shapes and sizes to show off in your Sky Zoo
- Invite visitors to come admire your collection
- Expand and Manage your zoo to earn huge rewards from visitors

gb6r20D.gif
jJoTHT3.gif
We36bbU.gif

You can download it right now, it's super polished and a lot of fun!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
GAF!

Teeny Titans is out in the next few hours. No IAP, no ads, big long Pokemon-esque campaign... and we're just really proud of this one. Would love to hear what you lovely folks think if you pick it up tonight/tomorrow!

We also did a Twitch presentation at E3 last week that shows more of the game... if you want to watch me try to look like a professional game demoer guy, click here: https://www.twitch.tv/twitch/v/72795862

EDIT: Game is available now! Here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teeny-titans-teen-titans-go!/id1032743715?ls=1&mt=8

Pachimari

Another Awesome Aussie game from Featherweight Studios (and more Ex-Halfbrick guys like me) - Rodeo Stampede!

gb6r20D.gif
jJoTHT3.gif
We36bbU.gif

You can download it right now, it's super polished and a lot of fun!
This looks like a ton of fun. Downloaded!

GAF!

Teeny Titans is out in the next few hours. No IAP, no ads, big long Pokemon-esque campaign... and we're just really proud of this one. Would love to hear what you lovely folks think if you pick it up tonight/tomorrow!

We also did a Twitch presentation at E3 last week that shows more of the game... if you want to watch me try to look like a professional game demoer guy, click here: https://www.twitch.tv/twitch/v/72795862
I'm gonna try it out for sure!

Dev has a nice track record. Absorption and Pursuit of Light are solid little games

I'm mainly interested in what the IAPs are
IAPs are credit packs that you can use to buy equipment and weapons in the game. There is also a $6.99 IAP that unlocks all equipment and weapons in the game. I'm not far enough into the game to tell whether credits are going to be slow and grindy yet.

Pachimari

Okay, Rodeo Stampede is crazy good, and it has the same kind of addiction as Crossy Road. It feels wonderful controlling the animals and jumping from one animal to the next in slow motion. And besides that, you can build habitats for the animals you befriend so you can earn coins opening up your zoo in the skies.

Chameleon Run is likewise as a fun. It's very smooth with the whole color changing and double jumping. Super fun.

I'm tired so here is a lazy format for first impressions on Into Mirror:

-Controls are smooth and responsive
-Character and environment art is great, lots of color that invokes a cyberpunk setting
-Animations are a little stiff
-Game might be a little short? Finished the first chapter already and haven't played long. Later chapters might have longer levels though.
-I guess you could argue that the game is a bit grindy when it comes to currency. By the end of the first chapter I had 1200 credits but that will only buy a couple items in the store. You can watch ads to get more credits. There is of course also the currency IAP if you want.

awp69

Anyone played this game? How is it? Addicting?

It's pretty fun. Starts out fairly easy but the difficulty ramps up at a nice pace. The levels at the end of each world can be particularly challenging to get gold without some trial and error. The ball physics are great and level design is really varied. Also gorgeous for just 215 MB.

killercow

I grabbed this as I've always been curious about it. But it doesn't control very well. A bit finnicky on my 5S.

Controlled well when I played it on my iPad, must work better on bigger screens.

Hyperburner is really cool, reminds me of Boson X in a way.

On my 5S it's hard to click and autointeract on items. Also fingers obscure a lot of the view as you try to move around.
The tap-to-do-everything control scheme doesn't really suit iPhone at all. Need to play it on the larger iPad screen to really enjoy it

In today's age, 215 MB is nothing. I'd have a lot more games on my device if it wasn't for a bunch that are 1+ GB.
Yeah, my iPad has like four 1GB+ games. The super small less-than-50mb games are much rarer

Oynox

On my 5S it's hard to click and autointeract on items. Also fingers obscure a lot of the view as you try to move around.

Jep, I feel the same. If it did not only cost 99 cents I would return it but yeah, good for the Devs. I probably won't play it further than night one lol

Oynox

Barely played Rodeo Stamped, but it reminds me quite a bit of Disco Zoo, which I loved and played for countless hours.

I had to think about that as well. I guess that is why I am glued to the screen right now. I absolutely love it to collect those animals :)

Top Bottom