• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
JNcUM.png

Mbyxj.png

mXtOp.png

mBwv3.png

6UFQc.png

TcodX.png

Th1LK.png

OzvbE.png

SqKZH.png

H1MRy.png

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Man... I feel like I want the 4S, but then again Sprint has some damn good Android phones around. I feel like I don't know what the fuck to do =P! Still, very good and informative OP. Will see what I do :D!

AbsoluteZero said:
Proximity sensor that blends into the black glass on the black model.
neat, thanks.

So how can I get one of these on day 1? I'm AT&T, way out of contract and way due for an upgrade (if that info matters). Is AT&T taking pre-orders or what can I do?

Does it use the good kind of 3G on Sprint where you can talk and do data stuff simultaneously?

I'll be upgrading from my 3GS.

notworksafe

The Lamonster said:
neat, thanks.

So how can I get one of these on day 1? I'm AT&T, way out of contract and way due for an upgrade (if that info matters). Is AT&T taking pre-orders or what can I do?
Preorders start Oct 7 at the Apple site. You'll pick carrier and such after giving them your ATT info (I believe).

Fusebox

Banned
notworksafe said:
"Colour"? Oh what the hell...
Nothing wrong with spelling English words the way the English spell them.

And colour me underwhelmed, most of the neat shit I saw in the new 4S video was because of IOS5.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
iPhone 4Superunderwhelming

No big screen.

Okay so they don't want to use USB 3.0, which has been obvious with Apple, but they didn't add any thunderbolt features?

LuchaShaq

Banned
As a sprint evo 4g user I'm not sure there is a single thing the new iphone has that I want besides infinity blade. Losing all the positives of my phone for a stagnant UI and the 2-3 games a year I miss out on that I have half an interest in just isn't nearly enough.

If some of the iphone 5 rumors came true I thought I was going to have to swallow the pill of itunes/ios that I hate just for the rumored awesome hardware.

notworksafe

thuway said:
Yeap, biggest disappoint Apple has produced yet.

1Tc6P.jpg

UT7Ms.jpg

The Lamonster said:
Good to know, thank you sir. and lol @ your previous comment :D
:)

No ill intent toward to OP, ofc.

Might be helpful to add pre-order, carrier, other infos to the OP. The keynote is now up.

Zapages

I have gone on the fence again. I am still debating now as it has better GPU now. But I will really miss Flash games that are online. :(

Mammoth Jones said:
I assume there's no discount for AT&T subscribers that are 1 year into their 2 year iPhone 4 contract?

Yeah. Kind of surprised they didn't mention that at the event. I'm more than 1 year into my contract, myself.

Switching to Sprint for this, though. Hopefully I can fetch a decent price for my 32GB iPhone 4.

I hope the voice stuff works better then voice control on the 3Gs and a better way to use it vs long hold button. Tim Cook you didn't wow me.

Aguirre

for someone who isn't well versed with the iphone 4, can someone give me some comparison in technical details with iphone 4 and s?

Any nfc support? I don't see anything in the specs :(. Also I thought the new European standard meant phones needed to charge with micro usb now?

Matt

Relix said:
Really?
Wow this is news for me. Good to know!
Yeah, EVDO Rev. A has always supported simultaneous voice and data, VZW just never turned it on. That changed with the Thunderbolt, though I don't know if any other phones have also supported the feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom