• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaYotiX

Banned
MikeE21286 said:
SO....iPhone 4 to 4S GAF.

Thoughts on the switch?

Does Siri justify it completely? (it looks preeeety awesome --- oh god am I becoming an annual upgrader)

i did it becasue my wifes uncle bought our 4s for $300 each so in essence it was a free upgrade.

Plasmid

MikeE21286 said:
Hmmmm....

Where would one accomplish such a thing?
Id also like to know this, I have an AT&T iPhone 4 white 16GB. I just renewed my contract until 2013. How much would a 16gb iPhone 4s cost me?

impirius

My 4S is stuck in a restore loop. I restore it from my 3GS backup, it restarts, and it asks if I should set it up as a new phone or restore it. Wamp wamp waaammmmp.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
ChanHuk said:
Seeing as how you can sell your 4 for almost as much as you bought it, its worth it.
Bingo

ChanHuk

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
What's the cost when you are still under contract though?

$549 16GB
$649 32GB
$749 64GB

I just listed my phone on Craigslist, if I get $300 for my AT&T 32GB black 4, I'll be content.

KaYotiX

Banned
planar1280 said:
how much did the iPhone 4 owners sell their iPhone 4 for (those who were not eligible for Full Upgrade price yet)

sold both ours for $300 each (we were both available for upgrades at $200 from AT&T)

RubxQub

planar1280 said:
how much did the iPhone 4 owners sell their iPhone 4 for (those who were not eligible for Full Upgrade price yet)
$250 for my 32GB AT&T iPhone 4. Was eligible for an upgrade, though since I spend a shitton on my monthly bill (900 minutes, 4GB w/tethering, unlimited messaging).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
RubxQub said:
$250 for my 32GB AT&T iPhone 4. Was eligible for an upgrade, though since I spend a shitton on my monthly bill (900 minutes, 4GB w/tethering, unlimited messaging).
Shiiiiieeet. Only $250 for a 32gb?
I would have bought it!

Snkfanatic said:
Noticed my phone also does the slight rattle noise when you tap the top of the phone lightly. Doesn't bother me though. Is this normal for everyone?

Reposting this to see if anyone else noticed it. Just out of curiosity

Boom!

android.jpg

ChanHuk said:
$549 16GB
$649 32GB
$749 64GB

I just listed my phone on Craigslist, if I get $300 for my AT&T 32GB black 4, I'll be content.

That just doesn't seem worth it to me. I'll pass and wait for the next iteration.

RubxQub

planar1280 said:
Boom!

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/10/android.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Something that was interesting is that I asked it about Android vs. iPhone and it actually brought up a chart trying to compare the two of them through Wolfram Alpha.

It did Android OS on top vs. iPhone 4 on the bottom. Didn't make sense for what I was asking, but it's crazy that it can apparently do side by side comparisons of stuff. Need to ask it more things like that to see what it can do.

Sarye

I noticed that the colors on the 4s is more washed out compared to the 4. I don't know if anyone else noticed it. It's not too bad but it was the first thing I noticed turning on the screen before even comparing it to the 4.

Sarye said:
I noticed that the colors on the 4s is more washed out compared to the 4. I don't know if anyone else noticed it. It's not too bad but it was the first thing I noticed turning on the screen before even comparing it to the 4.

screenshot and post it here

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
MikeE21286 said:
SO....iPhone 4 to 4S GAF.

Thoughts on the switch?

Does Siri justify it completely? (it looks preeeety awesome --- oh god am I becoming an annual upgrader)

If you switch (and are on Verizon) sell me your 4! :p

planar1280 said:
Get the AppleCare+. my 3gs does it too. curious why you would do it?

Why would I tap it? I won't haha I just heard someone else had the same thing with their 4s. Again it doesn't bother me was just more curious if everyone's did it. I will look into applecare

Snkfanatic said:
Why would I tap it? I won't haha I just heard someone else had the same thing with their 4s. Again it doesn't bother me was just more curious if everyone's did it. I will look into applecare

I still stand by AppleCare+ is a waste of money. Don't do it. You get a year of AppleCare included with your phone anyway.

btkadams

KaYotiX said:
Anyone else notice the 4S's silent switch is lower than the 4. My otter box case won't do now because I can't use the silent switch and yes I use it alot
wait, so even the universal otterboxes won't fit? i thought the 4s was the same as the verizon 4.
planar1280 said:
screenshot and post it here
they had a pic in one of those 6 original 4s reviews. i forget which one. it is true though.

RubxQub

Red Blaster said:
Anyone else having activation trouble? Connection to activation server keeps timing out.
Surprisingly not this time around. First shot went through, new phone was working within a minute of unboxing it.

Blackhead

Redarse
I4tf5l.jpg

I'm not doing this right, am I?

On to other things... Does Image Capture no longer work for importing pictures and videos from an iPhone? Where can I find GlaDOSiri text/message tones?

Figured this was as good a place as any to ask. My iPhone 4 earbuds bit the dust and I want to get a new set-is there a good place to find them cheap?

Alternatively are there any other ones that have the volume controls, and don't sound like garbage? I use the controls when running and they're kind of a must for me.

btkadams

Marty Chinn said:
Nice, but at the same time unless you did a side by side comparison, I don't think most people would notice. It's not blazingly faster, but it is a bit.
thanks for writing what the video shows because i can't watch vids at work.

anyone want to give a summary of the image stabilization comparison?
edit: ooh.. well that blows.

RubxQub

Marty Chinn said:
The image stabilization is so shitty. I wonder if you can turn it off.
You'd rather have the one on the left than the one on the right? I don't understand.

UPS dropped off my phone at 9:44 AM? They never do that. My roomate wasn't up and it's being re-shipped on Monday.

Ummmm NO!!!

So I called UPS to try and pick up after work. They're located right next to me. Apparently AT&T has sent my phone out without the option to have the addy changed to pick up.

Now I'm on the phone with AT&T to try and change this. Hopefully they can and then back to the phone w/ UPS.

RubxQub said:
You'd rather have the one on the left than the one on the right? I don't understand.

I'd rather not have the shitty warping. Plus I'd like an option to not record at 1080p which takes up what, 2 to 3 times more space on a phone that you can't expand the memory?

Marty Chinn said:
Nice, but at the same time unless you did a side by side comparison, I don't think most people would notice. It's not blazingly faster, but it is a bit.

Seems the only thing that's significant at the moment is the browser's rending speed.

PalaceBrother said:
Figured this was as good a place as any to ask. My iPhone 4 earbuds bit the dust and I want to get a new set-is there a good place to find them cheap?

Alternatively are there any other ones that have the volume controls, and don't sound like garbage? I use the controls when running and they're kind of a must for me.
Sorry I can't link you as I'm posting this from my iPhone, but you can find new OEM Palm earbuds with mic/mute button on Amazon for like $2 w/ free shipping.

KaYotiX

Banned
btkadams said:
wait, so even the universal otterboxes won't fit? i thought the 4s was the same as the verizon 4.

I have a ATT 4 and when i went to put my 4S in it i couldnt use the silent switch becaue half of it was covered up....i even tried a 4 extended battery+case and the same thing. Put em side by side and YUP the switch is just a bit lower on the 4S

and i use an otterbox case becasue of my work (Railroad) so i want some beefy protection if i drop it and i have LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom