• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone X | OT | November 3

StoopKid

Anybody know why you can't do the sprint payment plan on Apples website?

I already know I'm gonna be fucked using sprints shitty website on the 27th.

Ashhong

I want the Verizon trade in credit. Do I need to also purchase through Verizon then or can I trade in and buy the phone from Apple? I assume the former. Then is the best option for buying from a carrier through their site? :(

RoKKeR

Man, seems like this thing is going to be really tough to nab. I'm at wits end with my S7E and am eligible for an upgrade... Might just go for an 8 on a 12 month upgrade and then get the next version of this next year. That dumb??

Maybe I'll just wait to see if I somehow luck out. I'm ready to jump back to Apple, though.

Blips and Chitz

Neo Member
I want the Verizon trade in credit. Do I need to also purchase through Verizon then or can I trade in and buy the phone from Apple? I assume the former. Then is the best option for buying from a carrier through their site? :(

I would also like to know this. I want to trade my phone in and do a down payment. I'd love to preorder through Apple's site but i think i might have to go to Verizon on the 3rd.

I’m trading my phone in too but what I’ll do is buy from Apple (Verizon payment plan) and then just go trade in my current iPhone to Verizon and add the credit to my account

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Found out my 6s has a battery issue. If I can get that fixed it’ll help the waiting, and the resale value.

Annoying to get an appointment though. Made a same day one at a premium reseller in my town but they wanted to take my phone in while waiting for a battery. I would have thought they could just check my phone, order the battery and let me take my phone until it arrives - I can’t have no phone. So I need to arrange something at an Apple store with stock.

dc89

Alright, so I guess it can be expected something like this.

I don't think it's that bad, and if it can get polished out like in the picture, great.

Stainless steel Apple Watch owner here. I'll take some pics of mine and how it's worn over the past 22 months or so.

Edit
244c4dc8-fc26-4cbb-a95ktn.jpeg

5fdd4b8a-8301-4be2-b4rko8.jpeg

So after nearly two years and never being polished with stainless steel polish it ain’t that bad.
I think I’ll be getting white/Silver

mrklaw

MrArseFace
iPhone X – Screen Real Estate Comparison
http://modelessdesign.com/backdrop/260

I hope Apple relax on that bottom space reservation - personally I’d be happy for them to ditch that line completely. They’ve had ‘swipe from off screen’ gestures for years, so I hope this is just them being extra conservative and they’ll adjust it.

As for the ‘safe’ zone not being much bigger - I don’t really mind. As a consumer I’ll still get more visible space - even if I’m only interacting with content in that safe area I’ll still get the benefit of seeing things outside of that - eg scrolling text etc. And while it is logically the same width as the normal iPhones, it is physically larger so content will be bigger, which suits me.

Why is the battery meter so much lower than the signal bar?

So I guess, at least until apps update to the new resolution, we will all have our wish of an invisible notch? Lol
It’s the iPhone 5 situation again where apps need to be adjusted for the height difference.

jts

...hate me...
Hm doesn't look like it to me but maybe it's just the angle
If you mean the left side not aligned with right side I see what you mean I think, although it feels like an illusion created by that bit of glare on the top left.

I'm making that distinction because the signal bars are now right next to the battery in the iPhone X. Both on the right notch.

Future

Need face ID and screen impressions before diving in. I’ve got a 7 plus which is holding up ok. 8 wasn’t a big enough departure. X is close to what I want, but face ID has gotta be on point for me to splurge. And hopefully the screen is actually amazing, cuz I don’t exactly have a lot of complaints with my 7 plus screen

Notch isn’t looking bad at all. Achieved what Apple wanted. An iconic front that says “iPhone.” Can’t wait to try this damn thing in store

Ashhong

If you mean the left side not aligned with right side I see what you mean I think, although it feels like an illusion created by that bit of glare on the top left.

I'm making that distinction because the signal bars are now right next to the battery in the iPhone X. Both on the right notch.

Woops I meant the left and right, so the time vs battery. Why is wifi on the left but cell signal on the right...cell should be on the left!

jts

...hate me...
Woops I meant the left and right, so the time vs battery. Why is wifi on the left but cell signal on the right...cell should be on the left!
Wifi is also supposed to be on the right:

indiaiphonex-kcYE--621x414@LiveMint.jpg

On the left next to the clock it's either the location icon or other small icon.

Provided he seems to be outside and maybe out of wifi, it does seem to display something in its place. Maybe the provider name?

Link

The Autumn Wind
I've already committed myself to getting the X, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical about Face ID. I'm especially gong to miss the sly check on a notification by barely pulling the phone out of my pocket that Touch ID allows me to do.

Damon

Phone looks great in normal pics. I'm still mulling 64/256.
If I got one, I'm coming round to the idea of 64GB, judging by my usage providing my habits don't change.

However it's damn insulting Apple has offered 64GB as base storage for a $1000 handset. It should have been 128GB, which may have still been too much but a lot better than 64GB and gives me enough breathing room if I start to use my phone differently.

256 would defo be overkill for me at least.

Watch them bring back 128 next year.🙄

Top Bottom