• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ipod problem - contrast keeps resetting to default...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

...which basically makes the text unreadable. it seems whenever i pause the ipod and it goes into hibernation it loses the setting. it used to do this on and off over the summer, but now it's happening every time.

for the record, i'm using a 3G 20 GB iPod with (what I believe is) the latest firmware (I last checked when the 4Gs were hitting store shelves).

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Then you most likely still do have the newest firmware.

I recommend you restore the iPod completely, format and restore to factory settings. Then reupload your collection. Strangely enough, that commonly fixes many problems that are not of the synching variety.

bionic77

Mejilan said:
Fuck that, the iPod rocks. I've owned two so far, in less than 2 years.

Dude I totally agree, I don't know what I would do without my Ipod. Just predicting the inevitable.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I want to know how long it took everybody to get their first scratch.

Me, half an hour. At my birthday party. While dancing with my mum.

:(

bionic77

Have had mine for 3 or 4 months, not a single scratch on mine. The shiny mirror surface is smudged a lot, but I assume that can be cleaned.

I bought a cover for my iPod. Also got a bunch of cheap PDA screen protectors from CompUSA, and cut them to the size of the iPod screen. Doubt I have a single scratch.

bionic77

I use the cover that came with it, but I need to get one of those fancy iskins or whatever. My only problem is that I am always using my Ipod in my car and I wonder if I will need to take the skin off everytime I take it in my car (which is pretty much everyday).

robot

I have the same constrasting problem, unfortunatley i dont have an answer.

In other words, there was no reason for me to even post this.

Hey! I have that same problem too (3G 15G). Well, not quite as severe as yours, BC, but it happens to me.

Damn I was hoping someone would have the answer :p

Dilbert

My problem with my 3G 20GB iPod has to do with using the travel charger. There are certain circumstances when it will start playing by itself, either during the charging process, or after it's finished. Needless to say, if you don't notice it when you unplug the charger and stick it in your bag for the day, it's a nasty surprise when you realize your battery is mostly drained before you had a chance to use it. This never happens when charging/synching in the dock.

Anyone else have THIS problem?

bionic77 said:
I use the cover that came with it, but I need to get one of those fancy iskins or whatever. My only problem is that I am always using my Ipod in my car and I wonder if I will need to take the skin off everytime I take it in my car (which is pretty much everyday).

not to change the topic, but i just got my Ghost Iskin EVO2 in the mail yesterday. Its pretty nice. Fits really snug and tight (even after i took off that worthless belt clip). My only real beef is that the screen protector is a tad difficult to get on and it never really feels quite "in place", but it does its job (protecting from the screen). That and the fact that the thing looks like it could attract lint and dust like a mofo. here's some pics:

S3500272.jpg

S3500275.jpg

S3500276.jpg

best i could do to get the "glow in the dark" caught in a pic:
S3500277.jpg

Saint Cornelius said:
That's sweet Ninja Scooter, but why do say the belt clip is useless? That's all I ever use for transport.

i don't know. All the reviews i read up on before i ordered it said its pretty flimsy and doesn't hold the ipod really well. Personally, though, i didn't really have a use for a belt clip, and didn't want a big chunk of plastic sticking out of the back of the ipod so i just took it off first thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom