• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway exclusive to PS3??

Speevy

Banned
Is there a software solution for the 360's current text-only keyboard thing or is it permanent with the hardware?

kaching said:
So then they stick to people on their friends list who they trust to play a fair game - I believe that's typically what you'd say if we were talking about XBL and the vagaries of playing with strangers online...

There's a bit of a difference between choosing to avoid racists and being forced to play friends just to get a balanced game. This whole kb/m thing is a big can of worms, you'll see. It's like playing DDR with a controller against somebody using a dance pad...wait, didn't Konami include a hosting option to choose allowed controller types?

Speevy said:
Is there a software solution for the 360's current text-only keyboard thing or is it permanent with the hardware?

I believe that MS has said that they simply aren't allowing kb/m gameplay (think QA/TCR). And I don't think that mouse is supported over USB period. Given their whole controller lockout thing I'd imagine that they've got USB driver support fully under their, not developer, control. It'd probably take an offical dash/system update to add mouse.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
beermonkey@tehbias said:
There's a bit of a difference between choosing to avoid racists and being forced to play friends just to get a balanced game.
The way you and others tend to characterize it, you almost always choose to play online with people from your friends list anyway, so the difference seems negligible, relative to what you normally describe.

And KB users aren't going to "force" a situation anymore than racists, cheaters or other unsavory riff raff would - I can start a public match for anyone to join and call it either "No KB Users" or "No Racists" and I think my chances of getting complete compliance from the participants in either situation would be roughly equal.

This whole kb/m thing is a big can of worms, you'll see.
I have no doubt about that - gamers are a melodramatic lot, after all.

kaching said:
The way you and others tend to characterize it, you almost always choose to play online with people from your friends list anyway, so the difference seems negligible, relative to what you normally describe.

Hint: Sometimes my friends and I use the matchmaking function of Halo 2 to go out and play against the masses, with us all on one team. It's usually bearable and often fun when you your side is all decent folk. No teamkills and no racism and idiocy except for a little bit via proximity voice (which needs dropping from future installments).

And KB users aren't going to "force" a situation anymore than racists, cheaters or other unsavory riff raff would - I can start a public match for anyone to join and call it either "No KB Users" or "No Racists" and I think my chances of getting complete compliance from the participants in either situation would be roughly equal.

Name one reason why you would be opposed to allowing the host to have an option for:

1) Controller Only
2) Mouse Only
3) Both allowed

when launching a game. Let it default to 'Both Allowed' if you want. Like I said, DDR already does something like this.

I'm starting to think that a lot of the kb/m advocates really just want easy kills against clueless controller-using players. Sporting!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm glad you guys get out every once in awhile.

Edit: I'm not opposed to what you're proposing at all - it's always been the obvious solution to implement if avoiding the KB users is a real issue. I was just addressing your choosing to vs. being forced to characterization of the situation.

Mrbob

With so many games offering online co-op nowadays, is keyboard and mouse vs controller really an issue anymore? You are both fighting CPU characters. I mostly play co-op online nowadays, and don't really play any deathmatch modes anymore. I find them boring.

Blimblim said:
The french press release about this was very vague. It was something like Ubisoft announced today that blabla was coming to next gen platforms, including PS3 and PC. No mention of 360, but the phrasing is reallt strange.
needless to say the French are odd. (no offense BLim) ;)

kaching said:
Edit: I'm not opposed to what you're proposing at all - it's always been the obvious solution to implement if avoiding the KB users is a real issue. I was just addressing your choosing to vs. being forced to characterization of the situation.

Well, then we just had a misunderstanding. I've ever advocating anything other than a choice.

snatches

I predict a simultaneous launch of this title on 360 and PS3...the visuals and features will be identical, but the PS3 will have unexplainable frame rate issues.....

snatches said:
I predict a simultaneous launch of this title on 360 and PS3...the visuals and features will be identical, but the PS3 will have unexplainable frame rate issues.....

Yet some are expecting the opposite...that PS3 versions of cross-platform titles will run in 1080p at the same framerate or higher (this would require over double the fillrate of the 360's 720p) plus more effects.

I'll be shocked if this happens. Happy, but shocked.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Yet some are expecting the opposite...that PS3 versions of cross-platform titles will run in 1080p at the same framerate or higher (this would require over double the fillrate of the 360's 720p) plus more effects.

I'll be shocked if this happens. Happy, but shocked.

Who exactly is expecting that?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
All PS3 games can be output at 1080p whatever about the native rendering resolution :p

I don't think anyone who is remotely in touch with things would be expecting PS3 games to typically render at 1080p natively, though.

gofreak said:
All PS3 games can be output at 1080p whatever about the native rendering resolution :p

Of course they can.

I don't think anyone who is remotely in touch with things would be expecting PS3 games to typical render at 1080p natively, though.
That's why I'd be shocked. It just doesn't make sense. Even with HDTV sales rising, 1080p sets will remain a very small niche. Most HDTVs are resolving way less. Same as 360, rendering everything to 720p and scaling from there is your sweet spot.

mckmas8808 said:
NOBODY. He's lying out of his a$$.
I didn't say GAFfers, dipshit. I've seen exactly such claims at certain other forums of the Gamespot and Gamefaqs variety.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
neondriver said:
I thought Warhawk ran at 1080p?

They said "true HD". While that might be a codeword in some circles for 1080p, for the speaker that may as easily have meant 720p, and probably did. They're running with 4xAA, also, so I think that's a good indication it's not 1080p.

Either way, though, I did say "typically" we won't see that. I'm sure there'll be some that do, but I don't expect it'll be the common case at all.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
These are legal internet pics enjoy.

eindhoven_bombing_jpeg.jpg

http://www.pelaajalehti.com/web/files/1680/mg_team_jpeg.jpg

Top Bottom