• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Is Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty aiming to replace the "Can It Run" - Crysis meme?"

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Laughs in 4090

But seriously, it's nice to have games like CP77 and Starfield that push visual boundaries and also have deep gameplay mechanics to keep you engaged. [the assumption being that CP77 gameplay is going to get better with the expansion's release]

Also hoping that Far Cry: Pandora the Avatar game and Assassin's Creed Mirage turn out to be fun to play. They already look great.

A 4090 cant Overdrive this game at 4K60.
It cant even Psycho this game at 4K60.
RT Ultra at 4K60 is only just playable.

x19QxuX.png

smbu2000

While the rt requirements make more sense and just highlight the pathetic state of amds rt tech....why would they put a 3080 and a 7900xtx as equivalent for non rt ultra... even a 6800xt would be close to a 3080 in raster.
Very strange. They also list 12GB VRAM for that setting, but the majority of 3080 cards only have 10GB of VRAM.

Skifi28

I don't think the game will suddenly become more demanding, just that the requirements have been updated to better reflect the new RT modes added post-launch. The minimum requirements remain modest and very similar to what they used to be.

Last edited:

Hugare

Its confusing

Is the "base game" also receiving a bump in visual quality? If so, in what way?

'Cause its an open world game. So you should go inside the DLC area and out freely.

Suzy (The SphereHunter) mentioned that they are updating the character models. So maybe there's more.

They are also adding a functioning police system and random events, so there will be a higher usage from the CPU side

But I would like for CDPR to be more clear about it

Alex11

Ah, the sweet smell of rants and bitching about performance it's gonna be lovely this fall.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the space requirement is only for the expansion or is it expansion + game? Basically I want to know if I need 70 or 140 gigs.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
The "can it run Crysis?" meme will never die because no one has the balls any more to release a game that even bricks the most high end PCs on release.

Top Bottom