• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is EviLore a 4D Chess Master?

EviLore realizes that his site has been hijacked by authoritarian ideologues and crafts fake allegations against himself in light of the #MeToo movement.

The authoritarian posters declare their disgust and migrate to a new board in droves, as they cannot be associated with such impure behavior.

Now, NeoGAF is enjoyable again.

Coincidence?

/s

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The gaming board staying somewhat free of social and political issues is a breath of fresh air across the whole web.

jdforge

Banned
I really like new gaf. It’s so much more friendlier, and you can post without fear of being either ignored, baited or ridiculed. At least that’s how I feel anyway.

And yeah that’s one hell of an interesting if a little far fetched theory!

Trey

Ah yes, the classic move whereupon you sacrifice your credibility in gaming media, and your formidably sized forum is devasted in activity and ad revenue by a dozenfold, solely so you can make people not want to come there so more conservative and "free" discussion can take place.

Everyone who understands strategy is in awe of Evilore, the master.

Beard of the Forest

The No. 1 cause of forest fires is trees.
EviLore realizes that his site has been hijacked by authoritarian ideologues and crafts fake allegations against himself in light of the #MeToo movement.

The authoritarian posters declare their disgust and migrate to a new board in droves, as they cannot be associated with such impure behavior.

Now, NeoGAF is enjoyable again.

Coincidence?

/s
Certainly an entertaining theory but it's far from the truth. One way or another it did serve as a catalyst for making GAF a more enjoyable place to be again though.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
GAF is a shell of of its former self and I think that probably hurts Evilores bottom line. Dont think he cares so much about the alt right that he’d risk his livelihood to protect their feelings.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
GAF is a shell of of its former self and I think that probably hurts Evilores bottom line. Dont think he cares so much about the alt right that he’d risk his livelihood to protect their feelings.
Alt Right holds no meaning for me anymore on this board. In the 2 years leading up to the exodus, it got thrown around as a substitution for anyone who even remotely would disagree with the hive mind that had taken over. Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but GAF is recovering. Yes, in this day and age of immediate reactions and immediate gratification you may think that GAF is doomed, the reality is that sometimes it can take months or even years to see what shakes out.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Nah, I was already in a pretty bad place when the whole thing happened, and the way it played out all around was overwhelming and very hurtful to experience. I wasn't very functional for a while there; I've remained loyal and committed to this place for going on two decades, and turned down a lot to keep it independent and intact only to end up seeing...that, play out so eagerly from within the community. I had a hard time coping with all that for a while, but that did give me a lot of time to evaluate and reflect on the entire sequence of events and why it ended up looking that bleak.

Seemed like the only reasonable path forward through that mess was to force some purpose to it all by taking every advantage offered by the circumstances to address whatever I could think to add to the list, then get in there and redo everything from the ground up and put it directly on track myself. It's still an ongoing process, but I think it's been able to serve a purpose now, and I'm glad that GAF can be a place I enjoy reading and participating in again going forward. Now just grab your friends (or enemies) and bring over here too so I can mash my F5 key properly. ;b

TwiztidElf

I have a more sinister theory.
As NeoGAF is an aggregator and distributor of gaming industry news uncontrolled by the major media cartels, the entire authoritarian take over of the site (before), followed by the character assassination was an attempt by the cartels to close down this site and steal the audience.
We know who EviLore is (human faults and all). Who's in charge over there?

d4emon

Neo Member
Nah, I was already in a pretty bad place when the whole thing happened, and the way it played out all around was overwhelming and very hurtful to experience. I wasn't very functional for a while there; I've remained loyal and committed to this place for going on two decades, and turned down a lot to keep it independent and intact only to end up seeing...that, play out so eagerly from within the community. I had a hard time coping with all that for a while, but that did give me a lot of time to evaluate and reflect on the entire sequence of events and why it ended up looking that bleak.

Seemed like the only reasonable path forward through that mess was to force some purpose to it all by taking every advantage offered by the circumstances to address whatever I could think to add to the list, then get in there and redo everything from the ground up and put it directly on track myself. It's still an ongoing process, but I think it's been able to serve a purpose now, and I'm glad that GAF can be a place I enjoy reading and participating in again going forward. Now just grab your friends (or enemies) and bring over here too so I can mash my F5 key properly. ;b

You were catching a lot of flack for what your moderation team was doing, but your scarce incursions in the forum weren't all that optimal. Ofc when you did interact with users, brown-nosed people kept calling you boss everytime you would appear, and pretty much sucked your e-peen, but they were the first ones to throw you under the bus when they had the chance. Very typical stuff.

I hope this time it harbors the real diversity that matters, from funny posters making memes to the ones that become memes through awkward-viral posts. Let's just hope we can focus on the games. I myself am not posting much yet because... I don't know. Maybe at some point i'll start getting into it, and maybe many others feel the same way. I keep lurking though

TheContact

the new neogaf is certainly better in light of all that happened. all the high-and-mighty, holier-than-thou mods are now on the other site banning people left and right when they read something they don't agree with. the downside is that it's a lot slower now

You were catching a lot of flack for what your moderation team was doing, but your scarce incursions in the forum weren't all that optimal. Ofc when you did interact with users, brown-nosed people kept calling you boss everytime you would appear, and pretty much sucked your e-peen, but they were the first ones to throw you under the bus when they had the chance. Very typical stuff.

I hope this time it harbors the real diversity that matters, from funny posters making memes to the ones that become memes through awkward-viral posts. Let's just hope we can focus on the games. I myself am not posting much yet because... I don't know. Maybe at some point i'll start getting into it, and maybe many others feel the same way. I keep lurking though
Start posting. Newgaf needs as many view points on topics as old gaf did. This community is a global one. You will almost always bring something into a topic that is unique.

Can I have what you are smoking?

Evillore rode out the storm while the Holier than thou people left and made their own crappy forum.

Evilore had a bad date with an insane woman
He's not a scumbag

But he should fight me and we should film it. One calm and resolved warrior to another, let's do this.

Do we really need to have these backslapping threads every week?

If you're happy with new GAF, you be you. But the constant ex-girlfriend syndrome and rationalizations about why we're better for it you guys! is just groan-inducing after a while.

TrainedRage

Banned
Do we really need to have these backslapping threads every week?

If you're happy with new GAF, you be you. But the constant ex-girlfriend syndrome and rationalizations about why we're better for it you guys! is just groan-inducing after a while.
Or you know, you could just ignore the one thread talking about it if it is too triggering. Just a thought. There are other sites you may feel more "comfortable" at. Maybe it's time to move on?

Or you know, you could just ignore the one thread talking about it if it is too triggering. Just a thought. There are other sites you may feel more "comfortable" at. Maybe it's time to move on?

Sorry, didn't realize the circle jerk for new GAF was mandatory - you're right, the site has absolutely zero issues and anyone who complains must be a triggered SJW. That seems totally reasonable.

I'll shift my attention to the more important topics like being constantly outraged over outrage culture and talking about GamerGate in 20-fucking-18.

Sorry, didn't realize the circle jerk for new GAF was mandatory - you're right, the site has absolutely zero issues and anyone who complains must be a triggered SJW. That seems totally reasonable.

I'll shift my attention to the more important topics like being constantly outraged over outrage culture and talking about GamerGate in 20-fucking-18.
Well now you know. Join the circle jerk (no eye contact please)

Just seeing that happen to someone from the outside scared the shit out of me, I can just imagine your feelings.

Right or wrong, personal or not when a mob forms seeking their form of justice well just remember when people were taken out of jails before trial and hung.

How does that type of person not consider history when they fight that way?

Sorcerer

It is so much nicer here now. All the "celebrities" are gone. At least you can have an opinion here again. I tried to register on the defector site for shits and giggles and I was flat out refused. Do they have a hit list of the members here who they will not allow to register?

Renoir

Love lurking new GAF. The headmaster even post with the rest of us. Barely used to see him before. Threads don't get filled as fast, I can pick up where I left off easily. :> But yea.. like everyone said, definitely a better aura then before.

Top Bottom