• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is GB micro out today in NA or not?

Sapiens

I've been seeing all kinds of release dates and no specific confirmation. Can people post here if they have managed to snag an NA GBmicro. Alternatively, also post here if you know when stores should be getting them if it isnt today.

Andokuky

Banned
We have them in at work if I recall but I don't think we sell them until tomorrow. I could be wrong. I think we have a Madden 06 bundle with 122 or something.

antispin

I saw the Famicon version the other day: SHINY! Of course i dont live in the US, but a very tempting proposition that. VERY TEMPTING. Must. Save. For. PSP. Instead.

Since i am semi-OT already, let me go all the way and ask if a Japanese PSP will play games meant for other regions. The PSP is region-free right? What about for UMDs? Region-protected, those?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I picked up a Black GB Micro today (Monday) at the Nintendo World Store in NYC. They have both colors.

Ironclad

Called Gamestop earlier today and they said they will have both colors on the 23rd. First time I have heard or seen that date. Hopefully they'll be getting it in today and selling it tomorrow though.

cvxfreak

I went to EB today to try anbd buy an American one but they said it was pushed back to the 26th. Perfect though, since I can continue to use their promotion to rake in another $50 or so dollars from almost worthless games. :D

Baron

CVXFREAK said:
I went to EB today to try anbd buy an American one but they said it was pushed back to the 26th. Perfect though, since I can continue to use their promotion to rake in another $50 or so dollars from almost worthless games. :D

What is this promotion you speak of? I want in on the EB screwing-over.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Baron said:
What is this promotion you speak of? I want in on the EB screwing-over.

probably this?

Trade 5 Games get an extra $5.00 for each game

Trade 4 Games get an extra $4.00 for each game

Trade 3 Games get an extra $3.00 for each game

some titles are excluded from trade in, cannot be combined with any other off or promotion. Valid on PS2/XB/Gamecube/PSP/DS game

would be awesome if you bought cheap games at best buy last week

kIdMuScLe

GB micro is already out.......me and my friend went over to Gamestop to visit my friend girlfriend. I saw the GB micro and i ask if it was out already and i was told yea......damn even though i saw it, held it, and made luv to it at e3, i still can't get over the fact that is so small.......

gamestop only has dummy displays.. its released on the 23rd.. it got pushed back a bit from the 19th ship date to normal retailers (unlike nintendo world store)

also.. notice how theres been ZERO ads that has placed the GBMicro in the spotlight.. i smell flop in the US ... no one even knows it exists.

PezRadar said:
gamestop only has dummy displays.. its released on the 23rd.. it got pushed back a bit from the 19th ship date to normal retailers (unlike nintendo world store)

also.. notice how theres been ZERO ads that has placed the GBMicro in the spotlight.. i smell flop in the US ... no one even knows it exists.

Why advertise something that isnt completely in stock? Nobody ran it in the weekly ads because of doubt they would get it. I expect front page next week.

jamesinclair said:
Why advertise something that isnt completely in stock? Nobody ran it in the weekly ads because of doubt they would get it. I expect front page next week.

Tell that to retailers when PSP came out.. PSP came out on a wends or something and it was in every sunday ad saying 'IN STORES WEDS'

Your theory is utterly stupid.. Why dont you write a letter to best buy and circuit city and tell them to not advertise dvd's coming out tuesdays as new releases.. cause there "not in stock" when they put the ads out.. *cough retard*

Deku

Banned
Advertising is more than TV ads.

EB has the micro displayed in their September booklets page #1, Futureshop advertised it and there are displays in stores. People certianly know about it.

Micro is not going to replace the SP, it appeals to a more upscale market. Last I checked, the SP is still outselling both the PSP and the DS.

PezRadar said:
Tell that to retailers when PSP came out.. PSP came out on a wends or something and it was in every sunday ad saying 'IN STORES WEDS'

Your theory is utterly stupid.. Why dont you write a letter to best buy and circuit city and tell them to not advertise dvd's coming out tuesdays as new releases.. cause there "not in stock" when they put the ads out.. *cough retard*

Tuesday isnt 7 days later.

The firm date that stores are sure to recieve it by is the 26th. In other words, thats whn it hits the shoppers.

No the firm date is the 23rd.. Go to gamestops website.. i fkin work at gamestop dumbass. Not everything follows EB games, and retailers like best buy dont get overnight shipping on most games so thats why they get shit so late compared to Gamestop.

Top Bottom