• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Granblue Fantasy: Relink dead?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So the last news was the in Feb 2019, Platinum Games is not part of the development anymore. Other than that, no news since then. I find it weird because Versus was announced later than Re:Link and Versus has a release date (Q1 2020). Any news about this game? Maybe it was secretly canned coz it's way too ambitious?

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
So the last news was the in Feb 2019, Platinum Games is not part of the development anymore. Other than that, no news since then. I find it weird because Versus was announced later than Re:Link and Versus has a release date (Q1 2020). Any news about this game? Maybe it was secretly canned coz it's way too ambitious?

That is completely incorrect. Just in August they announced that the next reveal is going to be at Granblue Fes in December.

Obviously, they have two Granblue games coming to PS4, and they're taking their time with the second because they don't need to release them at the same time.

Athreous

If I'm not wrong, there was some news about Grablue Fes 2019 being hosted next month! Dec 13th to 15th I think. I can't wait to play that game!

ranmafan

Yeah there’s going to be news at the Granblue fes next month. They made an anoucement about that over the summer. Hopefully we finally get a ton of info on the game then.

blackjon24

Hilarious how people were trying to downplay platinum games leaving the project. This is not good no matter how you slice it. I really don't care for the property or cy games but I was in it for platinum games. I really have my doubts cygames can deliver without them but i hope to be wrong its a nice looking game

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hilarious how people were trying to downplay platinum games leaving the project. This is not good no matter how you slice it. I really don't care for the property or cy games but I was in it for platinum games. I really have my doubts cygames can deliver without them but i hope to be wrong its a nice looking game
Base on their last interview, they kept all the work from PlatinumGames so I have no worry in that department.

I hope the PlatinumGames parts are still in even though they left it's development. I hope the game still releases sometime as well
They strait up said Platinum's work is still included.

blackjon24

Base on their last interview, they kept all the work from PlatinumGames so I have no worry in that department.

We will see how it plays out but I just don't think platinum leaving so abruptly at least a year before the game's release is a good sign at all. The game will have changed significantly by the time it comes out from the last time platinum worked on it. Them scrubbing the name of the project from the site is evidence that it wasn't planned.

Its very obvious that neither company want to throw each under the bus but I'd love to know what happened.

Top Bottom