• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is It Me, Or Is Tinder Getting Worse?

Tinder is sucks.

Unless you're in a super diverse area, the women are exceptionally picky compared to real life and are looking for the best tall white guy possible. Limited swipes and tons of fake profiles too.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Back in Japan, I got a match almost every day but that was mostly because most girls weren't interested in dating but learning English, lol.

Uhhhh that sounds like the perfect in. Go out for some... Uhhh, pocky, teach them English slang like twenty three skidoo. Let out a quiet sugoi as they try to say twenty three skidoo.

Bumble is much better in every way now. Tinder was ruined the moment that they implemented limited swipes. Also the quality took a nose dive.

Pretty sure if you're a dude you need to be beautiful to use Bumble. I'm a decent looking guy but I got literally zero matches on Bumble. That was over a year ago, so maybe it's gotten better with more people, doubt it though.

There are more people using it now, try again.

Neoweee

Hell no I don't. The longest I've held on to a woman is like 5 weeks.

But yes, Bumble is LEGIT.

And way too many Tampa brothers here. Let's hang in downtown St Pete or SOHO!

Bumble is legit. I've only met two people through it (I used it about a year ago), but they were higher quality and more interesting than the ones I've met through other sites/apps.

Coffee Meets Bagel is also good, because it encourages women to not be so lazy.

Pretty sure if you're a dude you need to be beautiful to use Bumble. I'm a decent looking guy but I got literally zero matches on Bumble. That was over a year ago, so maybe it's gotten better with more people, doubt it though.

Job/Age?

Having your shit together and seeming like a genuine dude goes up in value tremendously as you get to your late 20s, early 30s.

I don't know if it has to do with the last three updates or so, but the bots are outnumbering the real profiles. 90% of the profiles are fake ones from NYC, and the fake profiles add a bit of info leading you they're real.

I live in Tampa, FL btw.

Anyone else notice this? My age group is 25-33.

It's not just you.
I am also from FL (Orlando, Tampa) and it's horrible..

I also have this and have friends that could bring theirs for a shit ton of people racing.

Seriously though this place is awesome. I go there on Saturday's typically. Good crowd and beers
https://m.yelp.com/biz/lowry-parcade-and-tavern-tampa

I'd be super down, never been but that place seems really cool.

I was gonna send a group PM to all the Tampa-peeps in this thread so as to not clog up Jason's thread any further, but I realized that PMs can only go to one person. Should probably make a thread for this idea, but maybe not until we get some concrete details worked out. So, I just created a Tampa-GAF discord if any of the Tampa/St. Pete peeps in this thread wanna hop in. Quote to see the link.

I'd be super down, never been but that place seems really cool.

I was gonna send a group PM to all the Tampa-peeps in this thread so as to not clog up Jason's thread any further, but I realized that PMs can only go to one person. Should probably make a thread for this idea, but maybe not until we get some concrete details worked out. So, I just created a Tampa-GAF discord if any of the Tampa/St. Pete peeps in this thread wanna hop in. Quote to see the link.

You can make a new thread for a meet up.

NandoGip

Tinders been lame since it left college campuses. Try bumble. Sliding in DM's is still the classic way that works too

kiri

Do you guys know of the Tinder 'hack'? By setting the distance to only 2km will help you to see which person has already swiped right on you (assuming they live more than 2km away).

Also, in the first 20 or so profiles, you'll find that people who have liked you are stacked ahead of people closer to you.

Do you guys know of the Tinder 'hack'? By setting the distance to only 2km will help you to see which person has already swiped right on you (assuming they live more than 2km away).

Also, in the first 20 or so profiles, you'll find that people who have liked you are stacked ahead of people closer to you.

Are you for real? That's like under 2 miles. I'm going to try this.

Stencil

I was noticing how many bots there were before I quit. Thankfully I found one final real match and we've been dating for about 5 months now.

Try Bumble?

edit:

Yeah, it still shows you the people who have swiped right after you change locations. I noticed this when traveling, people from Romania who liked me showing up in the queue when I'd already arrived in Japan, people in Japan showing up after I'd arrived back home, etc.

Aske

I've actually found significantly fewer bots recently. Has to be a regional thing. I've also found that if I leave the app alone for a while, I get matches very quickly, within five swipes or so. I'm pretty choosy, and from what I've read, I think the app may reward discerning behaviour with a more visible profile.

Bumble is great, but I still find Tinder is the best if you're looking to meet more extroverted types of people when compared to other dating sites/apps, which generally skew more introverted. Not that that's a bad thing, just my experience.

I also have excellent things to say about Feeld.

Ephemeris

All these Bumble posts .. hmm.

Things have been meh the last few months for me in Orlando. Of course YMMV.

But I've also been to NYC, Tokyo and Seoul last month and had significantly better results in all. 3. places.

I've come to the conclusion Orlando doesn't like me anymore.
Or it's simply a numbers game playing in large cities. :p

That is the exact opposite of the advice I give people ever since reading the article about the most successful people on Tinder lol
That article is 3+ years old. It was before they had daily swipe limits and before they implemented any kind of algorithm system.

You're better off being selective. If you're unmatching half the people you do match with, you're doing it wrong. If you buy tinder plus it's a little more lenient on people that swipe right often, but it still can't be every single swipe.

Read the bio and look through the pictures before you swipe each candidate. Should filter out bots and make the most of your limited swipes if you're not a plus user.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Tf y'all doing in Tampa

Come up to Orlando where the real parties are at yo

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Bumble never worked well for me.

...then again, neither does Tinder...or POF...or OKC. Haha.

Clearly time to move onto: https://www.haterdater.com/

Yup. You also get pushed to the top of others' queue when you 1) are in a new town / on vacation 2) delete and recreate your profile.

Tinder has more cheat codes than modern games.

Tuck

Don't have much experience with bots on tinder at all actually.

The app is still buggy garbage though.

I'd date a bot

Always saying the best things about me even though we've only talked for 5 mins

Getting intimate with our credit card numbers

I don't know if it has to do with the last three updates or so, but the bots are outnumbering the real profiles. 90% of the profiles are fake ones from NYC, and the fake profiles add a bit of info leading you they're real.

I live in Tampa, FL btw.

Anyone else notice this? My age group is 25-33.

Same in Boston area. 9/10 profiles are bots.

The entire thing is a wasteland now. There's really no convenience left if you have to check every other profile to make sure it's real.

Telltale signs are 4 pictures, claim to live in NYC, generic profile quote, low res or obviously modeled photos.

It's gotten to the point where I'm relieved when I see that I have friends in common with someone or they link their IG, since at least that means 99% sure they're a real person.

Bumble is where it's at nowadays, Tinder can't even be bothered to fix their chat, notification, or search functions, they're never going to deal with the bot problem, probably because it juices their MAU.

kiri

Yup. You also get pushed to the top of others' queue when you 1) are in a new town / on vacation 2) delete and recreate your profile.

Tinder has more cheat codes than modern games.

Nice! I'm in marketing/app development so these functions are quite interesting to me.

Another 'tip'; have you guys checked out TanTan? Tinder for Asian people!

I agree.

Then again, it definitely doesn't help that I work a deadend and incredibly unattractive job (pizza delivery).

Not even that...
Girls around this area are beyond superficial. They only seem to be looking for a certain type of guy..
And I know I can do better than this haha..I travel a lot and I get many matches in other places!

Mendrox

Been getting 0 matches since coming back to the states. :(

Back in Japan, I got a match almost every day but that was mostly because most girls weren't interested in dating but learning English, lol.

Way different for me here in Japan. So many matches everyday and not people that want to learn English. Could be because i am German though.

artsi

So far 78 matches in 12 days after I tried a profile reset and slightly different photos, and 6 dates out of those. Working good.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If I'd have to rank the dating apps:

Bumble>Tinder>OKC>POF

Top tier:
OKC -> looking for something specific, mix of everything
Bumble -> looking for a relationship / pro feminism / I wanna swipe forever without paying
Coffee Meets Bagel -> looking to spend the least amount of time on these apps
Tinder -> looking

2nd tier:
POF -> I don't know how the internet works
Match -> I don't know how statistics works but I got disposable income

Mileage may vary based on where a person lives. Apparently POF is popular in the midwest but is full of sugar babies in the northeast.

Top Bottom