• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is my nausea caused from drinking too many diet cokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edornob

For the entire summer, I've attended morning summer class and haven't had the time to make or pick up a cup of joe. Instead I purchase a diet coke or coke zero at the vending machine right next to the class rooms.

As of this past week, I have felt serious nausea every afternoon. Google leads me to these sites about the dangers of aspartame, and other common ingredients in these sodas.

I work out and I eat pretty healthy but the only new addition to my diet is diet soda. Or is it something else?

Matugi

Some people react strongly to sucralose, so it may be that. Pick up a bottle of caffeine pills and try those for awhile.

casmith07

If it's something new, the artificial sweeteners might not be agreeing with your system.

Caffeine is terrible for you, though...I'd try and get off it.

joelseph

It could be anything, but sure, stop drinking pop for a few days and see if it goes away.

Why not get some sleep, drink some water and try and stay cool during this hot spell.

Maybe try drinking some tea instead? I know you don't have time to make a pot of coffee, but if you want tea you can just throw a mug of water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and go. You can even put the bag in cold and let it nuke too, the staple is too small to cause sparks or anything. Then you'll still be getting some caffeine in the morning, but it's definitely smoother on your system. It can be any box of anything at the store... just Lipton yellow label or English breakfast tea or anything. Super easy.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
If you value your health, cut back on soda and drink water instead.

Also, diet coke isn't as healthy for you as is advertised.

meow

Might seem like a dumb question, but do you eat in the morning?

If you need/want the caffeine, make yourself a peanut butter + instant coffee sandwich or something. It's surprisingly good.

(mat)

Might seem like a dumb question, but do you eat in the morning?

If you need/want the caffeine, make yourself a peanut butter + instant coffee sandwich or something. It's surprisingly good.

I don't even... Whaaat?

meow

I don't even... Whaaat?
Oh haha more explanation might help. Just sprinkle instant coffee on something and eat it. My roommate used to do this when we lived off-campus and were reliably late every morning. It’s not exactly easy to power walk to class or rush for the bus carrying a hot beverage so she would just put the granules in a sandwich or something. Easy caffeine, BOOM.

Loomba

Oh haha more explanation might help. Just sprinkle instant coffee on something and eat it. My roommate used to do this when we lived off-campus and were reliably late every morning. It’s not exactly easy to power walk to class or rush for the bus carrying a hot beverage so she would just put the granules in a sandwich or something. Easy caffeine, BOOM.

That's actually works? genius!

terrible

Banned
My stomach turns after just one diet beverage so I'm not surprised to hear that it'd affect someone who drank them daily.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Drink water dude. Healthier, and there is nothing like drinking water on a hot summer day.

Azulsky

Caffeine crash.

Cut down on intake and swap out to healthier alternative, like a diet Snapple tea. Still has decent caffeine from the tea and no acid to melt your teeth.

livestOne

Im drinking a ton of soda for breakfast gaf why do I feel sick?
wtzgU.gif

get a waterbottle from the vending machine refillable at any local water source

RBH

Uh, just stop drinking coke for a few days (drink water instead) and see if you feel any better.

V_Arnold

I drink similar amounts of diet coke and did not experience this. Whenever I switch to coffee, I actually experience the caffeine high and the lows afterwards, not with pepsi light. Weird, huh?

(Also, if you drink max or coke zero, those contain around twice as much caffeine, so it might be some kind of crash.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom