• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Nicki Minaj the Most Talented Artist of the 21st Century?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korey

c2MWIZx.jpg

Nicki Minaj has been in the pop music scene since 2009. Her breakthrough was Kanye West's "Monster" in 2010. Ever since then, she's been the go to "rap feature" on every pop star's track. This has resulted in a shitload of songs she's contributed to.

And she never phones it in. All of her features blend seamlessly into the style/feeling of the track and elevate it into something better.

Here's a sample of her best verses. The links go straight to her part:

And this is just a fraction of the 50+ songs she's featured in, not including even her own tracks.

So is Nicki Minaj the most talented artist of the 2000's? Is there any other single artist that's affected the music scene more than her?

Love her.

Absolutely without question.

"Stupid Hoe" should have won a Grammy. It is easily the greatest and most influential song of the 21st century. This is why I can't take the Grammys seriously anymore. They frequently honor garbage and not amazing pieces of art. ��

gdt

Um. I'm not sure even Minaj fans would claim this

Clearly you made this thread looking to get people to hate on her lol

riotous

Banned
For the way you are rating her; not really even close.

Here's an ask billboard article from about 2 years ago; I don't think NIkki has made it any higher on these lists.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-vs-featured-artists-who-has-the-most-hot-100

Musical artists with the most hot 100 hits as the main artist, and then the second number is as a featured artist (with irrelevant old artists and the Glee Cast removed):

126 - 45, Lil Wayne
86 - 45, Drake
83 - 54, Jay Z
72 - 37, Chris Brown
69 - 66, Taylor Swift
67 - 41, Kanye West
65 - 26, Nicki Minaj

Jay Z and Wayne had pre-21st Century hits so might not belong that high on the list, but I think they cunt (particularly Wayne). But Drake, Chris Brown, Taylor Swift and Kanye all beat out Nicki.

And I think Drake likely has more hot 100 songs since this article was written (July 2015) than Nikki quite easily.

None of this is really a good measure of talent, but it's the measure you are using.. and Niki while highly successful is not the top performer of the 21st Century, nor is she the defacto "go to" feature artist. Wayne has been doing crossover songs for a LONG ass time.

SuperSah

Banned
In terms of actual talent, music and the ability to entertain?

Bruno Mars all the way. Have you heard this guy live? His voice surpasses every studio recording of him every time. His music makes you dance, wanna have fun and just relax. He is the most talented artist of our century.

Marquis

Banned
Please, just fucking stop. For the love of god she is no where close to Jay-Z or Kanye West. Hell she isn't even close to her labelmate, Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom