• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is now a good/bad time to buy a PSP

GeoramA

By the end of the year, the PSP will be a must-buy system IMO.

Definitely getting these games:

MGS: Portable Ops
Silent Hill: Original Sin
Loco Roco
Brave Story
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Ultimate GnG
Tekken: DR
Vice City Stories

Size Matters is scheduled for March, innit? Along with SOCOM 2?

And I don't know about you all but Killzone Liberation and Guilty Gear Judgement is getting NO love in this thread for upcoming games. You all suck :(

EyeToy should be announced soon as well, since the release of the camera is in September and they said something to the likes of Eyetoy and other software being available in the same year.

It's also getting Voice over IP, "Network Support" (Sony's Online Network?), and the PSX emulator before the end of this year. (October)

The Abominable Snowman said:

And I don't know about you all but Killzone Liberation and Guilty Gear Judgement is getting NO love in this thread for upcoming games. You all suck :(

EyeToy should be announced soon as well, since the release of the camera is in September and they said something to the likes of Eyetoy and other software being available in the same year.

It's also getting Voice over IP, "Network Support" (Sony's Online Network?), and the PSX emulator before the end of this year. (October)

IGN has Ratchet in November. Gamespot says Q1 07.

Get a PSP Now damnit. The sound quality is so much better than my Ipod. And with wifi and ITunesRSS server (google how to set it all up, not that it's complicated) on your PC all your music will stream and sound great. Of course it only works on your own home network. Here's hoping they'll get a better version with the ability to stream from wifi hotspots.

All the great games have been mentioned too. Those are reason enough. Streaming my music collection = gravy

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Guys. I am hearing things about this new PSP UMDEmulator program that loads PSP ISOs off your mem stick. How reliable is this program and would you say it's worth getting? Are there any glitches during gameplay when you load a game off of the memstick? Any slowdowns or freezes? How much faster are the loadtimes?

Also, what are your thoughts on getting a pre-modded PSP such as *THIS ONE* ? Does it really allow you to switch between firmwares any time you want, and eleviates the need for a downgrader? Explain.

It's $500. Would you say it's worth it?

Fusebox

Banned
And I don't know about you all but Killzone Liberation ... t is getting NO love in this thread for upcoming games. You all suck :(

Good call Ab, Killzone Lib is my most wanted PSP title atm, I'm expecting big things from that game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Killzone probably isn't getting no love cause people immediately see the Killzone name and think it's shit. Looks pretty nice though, glad they changed the game to overhead instead of a FPS.

Size Matters and Socom 2 should be coming out at the end of this year, for the US at least. The first SOCOM for PSP was suprisingly good and controlled pretty well considering the PSP controls. Online play was a blast too with VOIP and 16 players, holy crap.

Guilty Gear looks good too and so does Tekken. 60 FPS goodness, Namco is rocking the PSP front. Can't wait for Ace Combat as well

Agent X

Wario64 said:
Size Matters and Socom 2 should be coming out at the end of this year, for the US at least.

Are you sure that Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters is coming out this year? I've seen interviews with the developer, where they said it would be released in the first quarter of 2007.

Wario64 said:
Killzone probably isn't getting no love cause people immediately see the Killzone name and think it's shit. Looks pretty nice though, glad they changed the game to overhead instead of a FPS.

Size Matters and Socom 2 should be coming out at the end of this year, for the US at least. The first SOCOM for PSP was suprisingly good and controlled pretty well considering the PSP controls. Online play was a blast too with VOIP and 16 players, holy crap.

Guilty Gear looks good too and so does Tekken. 60 FPS goodness, Namco is rocking the PSP front. Can't wait for Ace Combat as well
I absolutely hated the FPS on PS2, and I think the PSP game will be great. It even looks more open and explorative than the PS2 game :lol which isn't saying much, but still.

At KillZone PS2's first showing, it recieved mixed emotions. On one hand, it was a "Fast paced thriller" but on the other hand it felt like "If the old PS1 Crash games mated with a FPS and had kids" sort of thing.

I've yet to read any bad things about the PSP rendition, though.

Revolver

I'm so tempted to just take the plunge on a PSP right now. I'm finding it harder and harder to make the time to sit down and play my consoles and the PSP seems like it would give me my gaming fix in a pinch. I've never been into portable gaming but the PSP seems like such a cool little gadget. But I just know from past experience that as soon as I buy one Sony will announce a redesign or cut the price a month later. Maybe I should go the extended warranty route at EB or something.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Guys. I am hearing things about this new PSP UMDEmulator program that loads PSP ISOs off your mem stick. How reliable is this program and would you say it's worth getting? Are there any glitches during gameplay when you load a game off of the memstick? Any slowdowns or freezes? How much faster are the loadtimes?

Also, what are your thoughts on getting a pre-modded PSP such as *THIS ONE* ? Does it really allow you to switch between firmwares any time you want, and eleviates the need for a downgrader? Explain.

isamu said:

Just play the games off the umd instead of downloading them..save ya alot of trouble.

Mrbob

Grab a PSP now. It seems like Sony's promises of lifting gaming out of the portable ghetto are finally starting to come to fruition. It has taken a damn long time, but things finally start to be looking up for the PSP.

Well at least get one in September when Ultimate Ghouls and Ghosts is out. Then grab Megaman Powered up, brilliant remake.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth is about to OWN EVERYONE'S FACE on the 18th.

Can't wait for it...I only played the PSone version for like 2 hours but never any more than that. Can't wait to play it on PSP

vp and tekken in the same month....*droolz*

and dont forget gems released in the past few months, Field Commander, Daxter, Syphon Filter, MGA2..........

PSP es muy caliente, amigo :)

Top Bottom