• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any doubts now that GTA 6 will not be hitting PC on release?

rofif

Banned
Never any doubts
Rockstar are the biggest fucks ever. They ALWAYS WERE:
-Always delay pc version 6-12 months. That would be fine but they always say "no plans" or stay quiet. Just to play dumb 6 months later and get people to buy the pc version
-Adding launchers to anything they could. They added launcher to my 10yo steam gta4 purchase... It doesn't work. I have least of dignity not to fix it myself or even search for fix.
-They removed music from gta4.... like not any radio tracks. Most of vladivostok radio which plays in most important story moments.
-They still never fixed pc version of gta4. Only made it worse.
-No ps5 patch for rdr2? Bet your ass they will "rerelease it" next year and it will be 70$
-Made gta online much worse and pay2win
-I even remember they were banning and cease/desist people who played their legig gta5 ps4 release day before release on twitch.

GTA4 is one of my fav games ever but they don't deserve any love.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
When they can't even bother with a fucking 360/PS3 port?
I gotta say, Rockstar's hell bent on alienating their PC fanbase is inspiring
Doesn't seem to be bothering PC gamers.

ANPRfgJ.png

amigastar

I hope Rockstar decides to release the PC version in time with console versions but it won't happen probably which sucks big time.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I never had doubts, and will be shocked if its day one on PC.

Look what they did, are doing with GTA V.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
1. Release console version
2. Wait a year
3. Release enhanced PC version
4. Wait until next-gen consoles arrive
5. Release enhanced PC version for next-gen consoles

This causes some people to buy the game no less than three times. Once because they cannot wait to play and have a console. A second time because their PC is more powerful than their console. Finally, a third time because the next-gen console is more powerful than their PC.

Last edited:

Hudo

Gold Member
2. Wait a year

This causes some people to buy the game no less than three times. Once because they cannot wait to play and have a console. A second time because their PC is more powerful than their console. Finally, a third time because the next-gen console is more powerful than their PC.
Yeah, that sounds about right.

Do you not know how Rockstar works?

It’ll come to PS5/XSX and PC will get it 1-2 years later.

Depending on when they decide to bother their lazy arses actually releasing the game then it could come to current gen then next gen and then PC. No doubt the greedy bastards are waiting to release GTA VI towards the arse end of the gen just so they can sell everyone the same game twice (again)

ReBurn

Gold Member
I think it will be day and date on PC. They won't want to risk that MMO revenue so they'll want to migrate people over to the online world along with console players.

Never any doubts
Rockstar are the biggest fucks ever. They ALWAYS WERE:
-Always delay pc version 6-12 months. That would be fine but they always say "no plans" or stay quiet. Just to play dumb 6 months later and get people to buy the pc version
-Adding launchers to anything they could. They added launcher to my 10yo steam gta4 purchase... It doesn't work. I have least of dignity not to fix it myself or even search for fix.
-They removed music from gta4.... like not any radio tracks. Most of vladivostok radio which plays in most important story moments.
-They still never fixed pc version of gta4. Only made it worse.
-No ps5 patch for rdr2? Bet your ass they will "rerelease it" next year and it will be 70$
-Made gta online much worse and pay2win
-I even remember they were banning and cease/desist people who played their legig gta5 ps4 release day before release on twitch.

GTA4 is one of my fav games ever but they don't deserve any love.
You keep falling for it because you love it, the same game gets hyped twice and I love that too 😀

kiphalfton

Gold Member
I mean that's their MO.

Not a stupid plan, since they can potentially get people to double dip (i.e. buy the PS4 version at launch, then by the time most people have beat it, release the PC version that's "better").

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
As I have yet to play RDR2, I will be part of the machine that let them get away with, sorry. But I would be surprised to see a PC version of GTA 6. Unless the Series S make it easier to make a PC version somehow.

Ar¢tos

Are they in any rush to even release the game for consoles?
GTA5 is still selling, and I'm sure they want to squeeze every possible cent out of it. Releasing GTA6 would end GTA5 income.

Del_X

They want you to buy it twice.

The only thing that might convince me to get a PS5 Pro is GTA VI being there but not on PC at launch. I'll be pre-ordering just in case.

2. Wait a year

Last edited:

EDMIX

Gold Member
nahhhh I think Rockstar is doing a good job focusing on console first and then PC later.

It worked out well for GTA V and Red Dead 2 and I think they should continue that same path going forward. I as someone that loves PC gaming, simply don't care and would rather they focus on getting it to us when its working, functional and fully optimized as oppose to rushing it out the door despite knowing its the weakest selling of the platforms.

Let them focus on the main install base and allow them to bring it to PC on their terms please.

I don't see the rush and shit if you can afford a PC, you damn well can afford a console to play it day 1 if thats what you want.

Sleepwalker

I don't have the highest hopes for GTA 6 and honestly Rockstar are way overrated but that's how it goes. Hopefully the game is alright, GTA V was a disappointment to me.

Larxia

nahhhh I think Rockstar is doing a good job focusing on console first and then PC later.

It worked out well for GTA V and Red Dead 2 and I think they should continue that same path going forward. I as someone that loves PC gaming, simply don't care and would rather they focus on getting it to us when its working, functional and fully optimized as oppose to rushing it out the door despite knowing its the weakest selling of the platforms.

Let them focus on the main install base and allow them to bring it to PC on their terms please.

I don't see the rush and shit if you can afford a PC, you damn well can afford a console to play it day 1 if thats what you want.
The problem isn't necessarily that games release later on PC, it's how they act about that, always pretending it's not happening until it's out.
I'm sure people would be more okay with it if Rockstar were more transparent about it.

They remind me of Japanese publishers that were exactly the same with PC for a very long time, always pretending it wasn't planned, being quite about it etc, until it eventually comes out on pc.
Something like "coming later to PC" wouldn't be as annoying. Most japanese publishers don't do this pretend thing anymore about games on PC, only Square Enix in the AAA industry still does sometimes.

In the case of RDR1 though, with it being a straight, lame port from a 2010 game, no delay is excusable.

EDMIX

Gold Member
it's how they act about that, always pretending it's not happening until it's out.
I'm sure people would be more okay with it if Rockstar were more transparent about it.

They are still a business. They have no ode to be transparent about something like that.

It would be nice, but it is expected in most cases that the company wishes to maximize sales vs cannibalizing sales by announcing another platform before the port is even complete.

I'm fine with their current business model.

GreatnessRD

Even though Rockstar has become just another EA and Ubitrash, I'd be stunned if GTA6 didn't launch on day one for PC. Gamers are migrating to the PC market in the last few years thanks to the T-virus. Game probably been in development since the big bang happened.

Things are different now as GTA Online is their focus and they wouldn’t miss out on a year of PC revenue for no reason. But I’m not putting anything past Take Two / Rockstar.

Hudo

Gold Member

While I agree with you, I also think that isn't unreasonable to expect Rockstar Games to be able to deliver a multiplatform release of their games in a working state. They had more than enough time and money. And if GTA 6 still turns out to be incomplete and a bug-ridden/technical mess then you might just as well shut the whole company down because what the fuck are and were they doing all this time with all these resources?

Last edited:

Tsaki

It would not hit PC even before RDR got announced. They know PC folk will buy it a second time so why not milk them?

HL3.exe

Max Payne 3 was the only recent simultaneous release (technically 2 weeks after consoles version dropped). And that was 11 years ago.

Rockstar still lives in the 2000's when it comes to PC releases. Meaning, releasing a year later.

Kinda weird when you have your own PC launcher with the Rockstar Social Club and then barely releasing any games on there. What a weird company.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I think Rockstar is smart for delaying PC releases. Apologies to my PC brethren, but If I were a publisher, I'd have done the same.

Release the game first on console, then work on your PC port, make it good, and then release it 12-18 months later. Releasing for PC on day one can damage your console sales because of piracy -- which is not an option on modern consoles.

hlm666

It will come to pc day 1, it's the whale cards for the online mode they care about. It is not making the money it is each year now because of people buying it multiple times. The single player will be tied to the online mode somehow aswell, and online will be the focus and getting the whole userbase over and buying fake money as they start from scratch again will be the cash cow.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Doesn't seem to be bothering PC gamers.

ANPRfgJ.png

Doesn’t mean the fanbase isn’t bothered that Rockstar treats them poorly .

After the Red Dead joke it wouldn’t surprise me if Rockstar delayed the PC port. Oh well, that’s more money going to other games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom